Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Once Upon a Time Foreshadowing  (Read 1888 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
Once Upon a Time Foreshadowing
« on: December 15, 2015, 09:32:15 AM »
Here's a place to place the "Easter Egg" hints that come from earlier episodes on what we see later and now.

Gold and Belle -- reunited and he finds out Belle was abducted.  She will leave him during part of season three due to his lies and his seeking power.  (continues through to today)

Snow has a one night stand with Dr. Whale.  Much like Regina's one night stand with Robin only it happened off camera.

Jefferson -- Mad Hatter -- The whole stupid season in Wonderland.

Chipped cup -- symbol of Belle and Rumple throughout until recently.

Faith and family are the key to all problems.

Keep point that will grow I think:  Season 2, episode 2:  Charming to Regina:  If you have to use magic to keep your son, you don't have him.  (Could this be echoing to the future?  Emma and Henry and first love?)

Regina didn't want power until she had to have it to beat her mother.  That's when magic took hold.

Season two line by Regina:  "I don't care if they turn me green . . ."

Regina uses the name to summon Rumple -- Dark One.

Rumple and her family goes way back. He held her when she was a child. Could he have been confused by Zelena as a baby? Did he hold Regina? Hint of family that Regina didn't know about?

Cora taunts Regina with she doesn't have friend.  Regina "doesn't want to be her mother."

Lancelot to Snow in Season 2, Episode 3.  He tells her he is no longer a member of the Round Table.  Thus the question:  how long between the round table (which they remember) happened and the visit in season 5 or is this from the encounter while Snow was a thief?  When did Cora kill Lance?

The Wardrobe?  Can it still play a part from Season one?  It did in season two.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Re: Once Upon a Time Foreshadowing
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 09:54:02 AM »
There's a lot of good questions there LM. The backstory of Cora with Zelena and then Regina has always felt slightly jumbled to me and certainly the man they say is Zelena's father never made a lick of sense when you consider how powerful she was from BIRTH when her anger/distress summoned a cyclone. Both Cora and Regina has to be TAUGHT how to use magic by Rumple. So while their family may have some innate magic in them, it has to be taught or they live ordinary lives I'd assume. So why WAS Zelena so powerful?

The Lancelot thing has yet to be explained. Hopefully we'll get to that in 5b.

Other good thing to keep track of are the 'true love' kisses. By that I mean it has to be proven by a curse break that it was true love, so we have Snow and Charming (sleeping curse), Belle and Rumple (dark curse, briefly), Emma and Henry (original world hopping curse), Philip and Aurora (sleeping curse again)... I'm sure there have been more, but I can't remember at the moment.

Also we could keep a count on how many times Belle has been shot/kidnapped/put to sleep/heart controlled/babysits/found the answerin a book/done something stupid... the writer's really need to find a new punching bag.

And how many 'portals' have we seen between worlds? Remember when Rumple took something like two centuries to find a way to get to our world? Now they do that every season at least once!
Dark curse - three hearts eaten so far (as I recall)... Henry Sr./Charming/Merlin
Magic Bean - They really need to work on growing these to some some hearts
Jefferson's Hat - destroyed?
The Sorcerer's Door thing - goodbye frozen arc peeps
Magic Tree/Wardrobe - Emma, Pinocchio in season 1 and later Cora uses the ashes and I think Emma and Snow use them to get home?
???

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal