Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Binge Watching  (Read 4945 times)

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
Re: Binge Watching
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2018, 05:20:29 PM »
Ponytail, Netflix trailer for Season 2 of Jessica Jones.  You should check it out.  MP promises to stop lobbying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSvnepZS26s

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2018, 12:22:06 AM »
 I'll give it a try!

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 12:16:14 PM »
I have almost finished the first season, and find it....INTENSE! Holy cow, what a tough, troubled, angst ridden lady, and what a creepy, yet charismatic villain! I think I'll finish it up today, but then give season 2 a rest until I watch a few happy shows!

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2018, 11:44:58 PM »
MP, I did watch Jessica Jones, and I did like it!

Usually I have a hard time binge watching, I can get through a year or two, but then I go on to watch something else. I have yet to finish off Better Call Saul and Mad Men! Now I've started watching the Crown. What is there about the British monarchy that is so fascinating? I am loving it.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2019, 08:00:36 PM »
Watched Homecoming with Julia Roberts--a new one on Netflix? I think? Really liked it. She plays a psychologist in a facility called Homecoming for soldiers returning from Afghanistan and trying to adjust to civilian life and deal with PTSD. But the facility isn't quite what it's meant to be....hmmm. The plot thickens. I think it is just more of a mini series, don't think there will be a season 2.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2019, 12:10:42 AM »
Season 3 of Stranger Things is one of the best seasons of any show I have ever watched! If you like Steven Spielberg type shows, this series is the one for you...Great 80's music, too!

The song from Neverending Story....................LOLOLOLOL!

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2019, 09:47:39 AM »
I found season 1 dvd of Stranger Things but haven't watched it yet.  I plan to binge watch Riverdale starting with season one again soon.  I never did watch all of that season.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2019, 11:22:43 AM »
I started that one, and never got back to it. Good, huh? May need to give it another try.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2019, 11:36:14 AM »
MP highly recommends The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix.  A well-written well acted take on the original story.  Haunting has its scary moments but at its' core it is a story about the triumph of love, but not without cost.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2019, 02:52:07 PM »
MP got sidetracked with that one. 

Regarding Riverdale -- it has its moments.  Season two was okay.  Season three - just for the sheer leave your knowledge behind, it was great.  It had the late 80s/early 90s feel and even did a salute to The Breakfast Club, Dungeons and Dragons, and get this to horror with the Body organs farm.  The kicker of course is that Archie is an idiot, Jughead likes girls and dates Betty, Betty has something called the serial killer gene, and Veronica has changed her last name to Luna in honor of her daddy's father (this storyline developing).  Right now, all is leading up to "Spring Break" and a missing Jughead but I've got that plot figured out already.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2020, 02:22:05 PM »
MP just finished binging Narcos and Narcos Mexico on Netflix.   Violent--yes, but not extreme and not dwelt upon.  The rise of the drug cartels south of the border is a fascinating story as is the US government's ambivalent and sometimes hypocritical involvement in the "war on drugs."  Highly recommended by MP.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2020, 12:54:39 PM »
My latest binge is Call the Midwife. I have put off watching it because there are 9 seasons, that's an awful lot, but I am thoroughly enjoying it! It starts out in London in the 1950's and tells the story of a group of midwives and nuns that care for the residents of Poplar, a very poor part of London. Their personal story lines, and the lives of the women they help are heartwarming, heartbreaking, tragic, and full of hope and dedication. Love it!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal