Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Binge Watching  (Read 4946 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Binge Watching
« on: May 19, 2016, 11:10:18 AM »
Anyone else out there a binge watcher? Netflix and Amazon Prime have made me a binge watcher. Although I don't do a lot of it! I did binge watch Downton Abbey since I missed the first 4 seasons. PBS has some good ones. I also binge watched Mr. Selfridge. And I am now binge watching Breaking Bad, which is something else! I see now why it was so popular.
What have you been binge watching?

(I am thinking I may have to watch The Walking Dead next).

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Re: Binge Watching
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 02:05:28 PM »
I binged on The Walking Dead a couple of years ago and can't wait for the next season.  You need to watch it from the beginning to really enjoy it. I would recommend  watching it.  I don't get Netflix or Amazon Prime.  I would love to see Downton Abbey.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 09:16:51 PM »

I don't have Netflix or Amazon Prime and usually have so much DVR'd I hardly have time to watch these shows.

I would love to find time to watch Netflix. I found out a friend of mine is on " Orange is Black"...or what ever this show is...she is a nun?

She is a few yrs older than I am but her younger sister was in my husband's class in HS. She did, though, go to my college. I followed her career for many years because we had a club and her sister told us where she was performing.
Many shows were on Broadway.
Sadly her sister, passed away about 11 yrs ago from breast cancer ..and I lost that contact to know of her doings. I happened to see it one Sunday reading the NY Sunday news that she was on that show.

I know... sorry.. a long story... to answer you ponytail...no I never binged watched...now.....  :violent-smiley-007: !
Shoot me!

-rollinglaugh- -rollinglaugh- an inside story... the shooting.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 04:53:13 PM »
Ponytail, the Prankster recommends the following:

Netflix:  Luther,  Damages, House of Cards, Luke Cage, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Salem.

BBC America:  Doctor Who is not its’ only binge-worthy show.  In Orphan Black, Sarah Manning, an orphan raised in a foster home who lives on the fringe of society, witnesses a look-alike police detective commit suicide.  Sarah assumes her identity in order to grab some quick cash but major complications ensue, e.g., can you say “clone?”  Orphan Black is a delightful mix of sci-fi, drama, action, humor, suspense, mystery and general wackiness.  Seasons 1-4 available for streaming on the BBCA website.  Seasons 1-3 available on Amazon.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 09:44:03 PM »
Orphan Black sounds good! I also have heard good things about Poldark on PBS. I may have to watch that one, too.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 06:05:45 PM »
So now I hear i must watch Better Call Saul. MP--did you recommend that one at one time?

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 12:16:02 PM »
So now I hear i must watch Better Call Saul. MP--did you recommend that one at one time?

MP does not remember but Better Call Saul is well worth the binge.  He assumes you are in binge-in-progress.  The story is imaginative and well-told.  The cast is first rate, you will recognize some characters from Breaking Bad.  Newcomers Michael McKean (Jimmy's brother Chuck) and Rhea Seehorn (Jimmy's girlfriend and colleague Kim Wexler) are fantastic.  Happy binging!

Some think Better Call Saul is as good as Breaking Bad.   MP believes Breaking Bad at its' best, i.e., the Gus Fring seasons, was better.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 10:28:35 PM »
I'd love to "binge watch' most of these shows you and ponytail watch...but, I have so many I have dvr'd that there aren't enough hours in the day to watch everything.  #4846

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 10:53:35 AM »
Tell me about it! Unfortunately, I am a news junky, so a lot of the time that is what I will watch.

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2017, 09:50:38 PM »
I definitely am a binge watcher! I've already got a bunch of shows I want to start once I am off for a week. Especially with my next week off laying around is all  I will want/ be able to do for awhile.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2017, 09:47:09 AM »
Whatcha gonna watch, Court? I started Stranger Things 2, but only got through 2 episodes so far. Do you watch that one?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 04:09:43 PM by ponytail »

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2017, 04:43:58 PM »
Is it good, Stranger things has been one I have been meaning to watch?  I need to watch Fuller House and there was another one that someone recommended to me but I can't recall the name of it right now.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2017, 10:54:36 AM »
Very creepy, period piece set in the 80's, great cast of characters, mysterious and supernatural goings on, has a core of group of 4 middle school boys and a ? girl that escaped a governmental facility. Not too graphic. I think you would like it!

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 09:56:23 AM »
Stranger Things 2 was super! It is my new favorite show. Too bad we will have to wait another year for the next one...those kids are growing up fast, I wonder how they will handle it in upcoming seasons.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2018, 05:47:50 PM »
Ponytail, you might want to check out Jessica Jones on Netflix.  Season 2 premiers on March 8.  Season 1 was excellent.  A copy of the summary from somewhere:

This Netflix original chronicles the life of one of the darker Marvel characters, the mysterious Jessica Jones. When a tragedy puts an end to her short-lived career as a superhero, Jessica settles in New York City and opens her own detective agency, called Alias Investigations, which seems to be called into cases involving people who have special abilities. Suffering from post-traumatic stress syndrome, Jessica wants to do good, but her primary interest isn't in saving the world, it's saving her apartment and getting through each day. Based on a graphic novel intended for adults, this is not a superhero story for the kids.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal