Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Protesting Trump  (Read 4120 times)

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Protesting Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 04:27:17 PM »
That link didn't work for me Snowbird, but you are probably referring to Albuquerque and San Diego? What a mess...those idiots were....idiots! Doing exactly the opposite of what they should be doing. Still doesn't change my views about the Donald, though. Just makes me disgusted at the lengths people go to.  Boooo!

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 07:11:57 PM »
That's what it was Ponytail.  They had thrown rocks and bricks at the heads of the police and the horses they were riding causing one horse to fall and break his leg.  Don't people understand that these things place a bad light on them and only stir up more trouble?  I am further outraged at the lack of respect our police officers receive and you might not agree but I blame some of this on Obama's attitude and words. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 11:04:49 PM »
Obama has done plenty wrong, but he has done plenty right, too. We don't have much to choose from this year do we? I am still of the anyone but Trump crowd, though. He won't get my vote. I just hope this election is not going to set a precedent for nastiness in the ones that follow....yoiks.

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 10:12:51 PM »
Every politician has there good and bad points. Obama included, I just can't get on board with someone who is a bullying racist tyrant.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 07:14:27 AM »
It looks like some of us here have completely different political views.  I respect your right to yours but I don't see anything Obama has done right.  He has divided this country like it has never been divided before.  That is why someone like Trump has been able to gather the support he has.  Please don't think it is because I  am racist which is what a lot of people use as an excuse to criticize people who are against Obama.  When he first came on the scene I though that here was a black man who was smart and who could be our first black President and I liked what he was saying.  The more I learned about him I changed my mind.  The people he was associated with tell a lot about him.  I could list all the things I think he has done to ruin this country and all the reasons for being so against Hillary as our next president but I know it would be useless because it will not change anyone's mind.  My first choice was Ben Carson, then Marco Rubio and on down the line with Trump being among the last few but now to keep Hillary from becoming our next president I would vote for Donald Duck if that was the choice.

Again I respect your right to your political, religious, personal or whatever views you might have that are different from mine and I hope you will respect mind and we will all remain friends. 

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 12:34:42 PM »
I typed up and deleted a response, enough said. Trump makes my heart and gut hurt.

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 12:17:44 AM »
The problem is not President Obama, in my opinion, it is congress....and they are a republican majority. This president has been called every name under the sun, his children and wife have been called monkeys, Apes, and the tried and true N*****,  and people have been obsessed by "obamacare".  I happen to be one that Obamacare has helped.  If I had to pay regular price for health insurance after my job got outsourced to a foreign country, I would have had to pay $971 a month.  With the Affordable Health Care Act I only have to pay around $200 monthly.  I listen to Mr. Trump and I hear him bully people and call them names. I am appalled by his flippancy toward women and reporters.  I worry if he has the codes to our nuclear weapons and has one of his little tirades he will make a big mistake. 

Gosh I am so sad for USA
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 12:31:58 AM »
Well Trump was my absolute dead last choice in the Republican field, but we're stuck with him now and I wouldn't vote Hilary for crossing guard let alone president of the united states.

PRAY FOR AMERICA

...always valid, but never more so then now.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 01:30:33 AM »
We certainly don't have much of a choice this year, do we? :smiley_confused1:

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 02:24:46 PM »
I was behind Dr. Ben Carson from the very beginning and did everything I could to spread the word about him.  He had a lot of support and was ahead in many of the polls.  He, like Trump, was not a politician and many people were behind him because they were tired of government running everything in our lives.  Then Trump came on the scene and took supporters that would have gone for Carson.  People thought that because Carson was so soft-spoken that he could not make a good president but they didn't consider how smart he was.  I think the debates did him in because the media only asked him questions regarding medical issues and people did not get to hear his other ideas.  I fully believe that if Trump had stayed out of the race we might have Carson running against Hillary. 

Now like Bacali said, we don't have much of a choice.  But I'm like Outlast, I wouldn't vote for Hillary for dog catcher. 

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 10:52:47 PM »
Quick funny story - My grandma is 92 and a die-hard Democrat who says she never missed a vote in her life and she told me she went to vote this time, got half-way there and turned around because she didn't want either of them (Clinton or Sanders)!  So I know for a fact it isn't only Republicans who aren't satisfied with their options. Not that knowing that makes any of us happier, but at least we're all more less in the same (sinking) boat.

Anyway I don't usually post about stuff like this, but I did because I didn't want Snowbird to feel lonesome. *waves*

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 05:41:39 PM »
For the first time since he turned 18 the Prankster will not be casting a vote for President. 

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 10:56:59 PM »
Still 5 months to go, who knows what will happen. Not good.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2016, 08:31:19 AM »
I try to stay away from politics but I have to put in my two cents here.  I've always split my ticket.  I'm declared a Democrat but will give a Republican a vote if:

a.  They do not have a lobbyist in their back pocket.
b.  They follow through with what they promise.

Living in North Carolina, we've got some major issues right now and a very suspicious (I'd say crooked) Republican Governor.  McCrory worked for Duke Power and some say let them cover up the ash issues on the Virginia/North Carolina line.  This led to a big spill that isn't solved yet.  He's supporting all the people who gave him money and his decisions do not make sense.  He's also afraid to admit he made a mistake.  He's running against Ray Cooper who I can say no bad about him. He's not overtly in any lobby contingent's back pocket and he's got a brain.

The House/Senate here are run by the most extreme form of tea-party members you have ever seen.  I could go into more detail but won't.

I could have supported Rubio with no problems.  I saw major problems with Sanders.  I even talked about Sanders with students who were pro free education.  They thought it was good until I asked:  And who will pay?

I'm waiting for platforms to be announced. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal