Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Season 6 -- Oh, why not  (Read 17773 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
Re: Season 6 -- Oh, why not
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2017, 09:09:36 PM »
Overall considering all the dribble we got  before.  Zelena's works best when you listen to it on replay.  I'll have to relisten to Regina's tomorrow but I have to admit, I loved Hook's and Emma's and the ending.  I guess it is because I love musical theater and this episode was very much like one but the story did fit in.

Here's my big question from tonight:  If the Charmings knew Hook from before, why haven't we seen hints of it before now.

And I'm wondering if all that garbage about the Emma, Hook and Regina finding each other in season 7 is this year's ending episode with the final battle in the final minutes.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2017, 09:27:50 PM »

Here's my big question from tonight:  If the Charmings knew Hook from before, why haven't we seen hints of it before now.

I just assumed the sweeping memory potion was implied. You're absolutely right that The Charmings met Hook for the first time in season two and not as implied in a tavern pre-dark curse.

I'll re-watch Zelena's song tomorrow and see if I like it better. I did really enjoy all the musical stuff in this episode though.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2017, 09:43:00 PM »
You know this was such a good episode for them to let some thing slip through the cracks.  Don't they have a continuity person?

More tomorrow.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2017, 10:56:29 PM »
It sounds like Bobby was at a convention of some kind and said the character/actor he misses the most is Neil and that he still thinks it's a mistake that they killed him off... PREACH IT BOBBY!!!!

https://oncepodcast.com/forums/topic/emma-baelfire-swanfire/page/2545/

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2017, 11:32:18 AM »
And now Morrison has announced her departure.  It looks like Henry will be given a reason to leave as the show ends too. Spoiler pictures of him saying goodbye to his moms.

http://tvline.com/2017/05/08/jennifer-morrison-leaving-once-upon-a-time-season-6/

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2017, 05:01:11 PM »
Wow. That one pretty much signs the shows deathknell.  -SPLAT-

I mean who is even left for season seven at this point?

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2017, 07:40:46 AM »
They are saying it will be built around Colin, Lana, and Robert.  All three will commit in some form.  Plus the two newbies.  But will they be able to keep old fans is the question.

I'm not liking what I'm seeing -- the Black Fairy as mayor.  Memories lost.  The heroes plus Zelena now stuck in a crumbling Enchanted Forest????

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2017, 08:48:19 AM »
Wait now Bobby is staying?! Is that confirmed because I just read something that said Emilie (and Jared) was out so that doesn't make sense. Could all of this be disinformation at this point?

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2017, 10:41:12 AM »
I found this on sound cloud. It's a bunch of clips from RC's interview at a UK convention.
https://soundcloud.com/noora-rashti

It's hard to hear because the crowd is louder than RC so I had to turn it up. He answered several Once questions including:
Which other role would be play if he couldn't be Rumple: Evil Queen

Which character do you wish they'd bring back from the dead: Baelfire. It made him really sad when he was killed off and he still thinks it was a mistake.

Which Disney princess would he be: Belle. Because he loves her and because she's his wife and he has to say that.

Will you grow your hair back: It takes time, but yes.

What's Mr. Gold's first name (in Storybrooke): Barbara?  :D

Would he rather play The Doctor or The Master: He doesn't really answer this question, but complements Peter Capaldi and basically says that both would be great, but it's definitely not happening right now (which could help confirm that he will be back for Once season 7)

He also answered a question about his onscreen parents and he mentions that all three actors playing his parents (Black Fairy, Pan and Malcolm) are younger then him which is really weird.

He also mentions that he gets annoyed sometimes at what Rumple's doing too. He doesn't always understand why he (Rumple) is doing things. You and us both Bobby!  :043:

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2017, 10:54:39 AM »
Amen to the last one.

I'm beginning to wonder if network television (original 5) are trying to kill their networks off.  Did you hear the latest.  ABC is reviving American Idol with a potential slot on Sunday night?????

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2017, 11:20:42 AM »
Scripted TV is dying if you ask me. I hardly watch any scripted shows anymore, just Once & Doctor Who (both of which annoy me more than I'd like) and a few sitcoms I guess, but even those I wouldn't really miss. I watch stuff off PBS still (Midwives, masterpiece stuff). The rest is pretty much game shows and history/science channel stuff.

If the TV industry is trying to drive me further into books... they're succeeding.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2017, 02:19:46 PM »
Well I'm not exactly enthusiastic about Once getting renewed due to the near constant suckage of the last few season, but I was very happy to see Robert Carlyle is officially signed on for... Whatever this new thing will be (one wonders exactly how much money they threw at him to get him onboard when he's been relatively honest in public with his dissatisfaction over the show and desire to move on). Sounds like Belle is out though so that's disturbing. But I'm also hearing that there may big a big time jump of some kind so maybe it will be like everyone gets a happy ending of some kind and Rumbelle live happily ever after until like Heather and Conner in Highlander, Belle dies of old age in Rumple's arms and he buries her on a hill with his dagger or something. Then season seven can feature all new Stiltskins! Rumbelle babies Novel, Paige, Tome, the twins Chapter and Verse (pause to giggle) and some grand babies Stiltskins too! But how would that work with Hook and Regina? Is Regina immortal? Is Hook? Hook was human and was only supposed to have lived so long through frequent stays in Neverland, but he was recently a Dark One... But if being a former Dark One can make you immortal, why is Emma gone in this future? Regina at least has magic so that could account for her longevity. Maybe we'll finally see the Hook and Regina pairing I've been saying would've made sense.
 -loll

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2017, 03:37:50 PM »
And it is official -- no more Belle, Henry, Snow, Charming or Zelena.  See this article.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/12/once-upon-time-ginnifer-goodwin-josh-dallas-emilie-de-ravin-jared-gilmore-exit/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

You know, I hate the exit of these characters.  I don't blame the show suckiness as you put it on them. I blame it on the writers who just couldn't get their act together.  And I put the blame more specifically on Dungey who is an idiot.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2017, 06:35:04 PM »
At the end of the day it is always the writers who make or break a show. Re-watching some of the Merlin/Camelot stuff I can see that was something there and I think Merlin, Excalibur and The Dark Ones could've been a great storyline if they'd just changed a few things and written it better. Emma being a Dark One could've been awesome to watch, but it sort of fell flat.

This season with The Black Fairy could've been a truly epic final battle between good and evil and they just kind of fizzled her character in her central episode. An ancient evil Black Fairy who was somehow involved at the beginning of dark magic (which I think Once sort of says was when Nimue drank from The Holy Grail and then murdered a bad guy) and somehow still managed to have a child and stay evil and abandon him to keep getting her evil on in the dark realm... it just sounds better. The way things worked out Dark Fairy was banished about two seconds after she became the dark fairy so why she's such a threat I don't know. Apparently shes been baby 'napping for centuries to mine her fairy dust and indulge her dark mommy desires. Basically it sounds like she's killed about as many people as Belle has at this point and why she's the most evilist ever baffled the mind.

I am hearing now that the leading contender for season seven is... THE WISH REALM. That's right in a land created by a wish where Rumple is stark staring mad after 30 years behind bars and finding Belle starved to death, Hook and old and fat and Regina is living out life with her sort of true(ish) love Robin (not that Robin!) Hood. Weird right?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal