Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Season 6 -- Oh, why not  (Read 17751 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Re: Season 6 -- Oh, why not
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2017, 08:32:43 PM »
Want some good Once news? Here we go.. ONce Upon a Time is planning a musical episode!

http://tvline.com/2017/01/22/once-upon-a-time-musical-episode-season-6-spoilers/
 :035:

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2017, 08:09:55 AM »
Saw that and was going to post this AM.  Seems Robbie was at a premiere this weekend.  Looked the happiest I've seen him in a while.  Saw the pictures on twitter. 

This could be the death knell for Once as we know it or good news.  Until I hear whose contract has been renewed, I'm keeping an open mind.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2017, 08:16:25 PM »
It sounds like RC is a great dad. Hopefully whatever he and/or the writers decide will lead to a good story for Rumple.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2017, 09:22:33 PM »
Let's see... in brief the Robin stuff was annoying. The old fat Hook stuff was silly but at least slightly funny. It was GREAT to see August back with a real role to play. I'm not at all surprised that the 'heroes' wanted to kill Gideon even after they knew who he was and what happened to him. Heroes care a lot more about themselves then others in most of these stories - a trait they actually share with the villains. Shocker. It was nice to see Belle and Rumple talk instead of posture and yell about stupid stuff. It's a start anyway. Maybe Rumple should offer to take out the Black Fairy for Gideon since he says (if he's telling the truth) that he wants to save his realm from her. Maybe Gideon knows how to get back there so he and dear old dad can take a family vacay and knock another rotten branch off their family tree.

Problems/Plot-holes
1. How exactly did August make that wardrobe so fast and transport it to his workshop? I guess maybe Emma could transport the thing, but it seemed clear that only August could carve it and he should work at a more human pace.
2. Robin and Regina escape from RUMPLE-FRICKIN-STILTSKIN ....with a nail????!!!! Why wouldn't he have known this and stopped them? Or at least followed them to the magic wardobe... which btw if you remember could only take TWO in the original version, but I guess this must've been a bigger tree (the door was certainly taller).
3. Robin's soul traveled here???? That doesn't make sense. Can anyone wish their dead loved one back because Robin would not be at the top of my list! Isn't it Rumple himself who said magic can't raise the dead... "Magic can do much but not that!"

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2017, 08:02:00 AM »
The old fat Hook stuff was silly but at least slightly funny. It was GREAT to see August back with a real role to play. I'm not at all surprised that the 'heroes' wanted to kill Gideon even after they knew who he was and what happened to him. Heroes care a lot more about themselves then others in most of these stories - a trait they actually share with the villains.

The Hook stuff was hilarious.  It made me laugh.  And regarding the heroes.  I agree.  Only Emma and Regina doesn't appear that way.  Emma knows she has to fight Gideon and whether her fate is death or life, we won't know.  I'm writing a column on this shortly and will send the link.

Problems/Plot-holes
1. How exactly did August make that wardrobe so fast and transport it to his workshop? I guess maybe Emma could transport the thing, but it seemed clear that only August could carve it and he should work at a more human pace.

Look, I had a lot of questions on August which I won't put here now.  Something is strange about that character.  I'll link my article after I write it.

2. Robin and Regina escape from RUMPLE-FRICKIN-STILTSKIN ....with a nail????!!!! Why wouldn't he have known this and stopped them? Or at least followed them to the magic wardobe... which btw if you remember could only take TWO in the original version, but I guess this must've been a bigger tree (the door was certainly taller).

Don't even get me started on this.  Time and space continuum has been out of whack on this show for a long time.  Some on Twitter didn't even think it would take two but Snow was supposed to have gone back with Emma so that was a mistake on Twitter's part.

3. Robin's soul traveled here???? That doesn't make sense. Can anyone wish their dead loved one back because Robin would not be at the top of my list! Isn't it Rumple himself who said magic can't raise the dead... "Magic can do much but not that!"

Good news:  Horowitz and Kitsis still say it's an arc so he shouldn't be around long.  He's another character that seemed out of place.  I figure since he's alternate reality wish world, the time/space doesn't work the same.  On the other hand, he's now in our world so everything here is in flux.  Can he alter the path of what is to happen? Gideon is still trying.

August on the other hand, is a mystery to me.  Do you recall him becoming a man after returning to boy form?  I don't.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2017, 08:17:29 AM »

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2017, 03:46:37 PM »

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2017, 08:16:10 AM »
And another piece considering where rumor says they are going next year.

https://televisionchangesblog.com/2017/03/10/once-upon-a-time-season-7-and-beyond/

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2017, 09:43:40 PM »
Well well well... That was like a double twist right there. Everyone expected Hook to be the daddy killer and they managed to completely fool me into thinking it was King George (which made a lot of sense) all the pieces fell neatly into place and then BAM! They twisted back around and it was Hook after all. Three points to Hook for daddy charming and the two henchmen.

I have to say other than the stupid Robin/Regina subplot this episode reminded me of season one. The only complaint I have is that I've sure that once all of this comes out there will be a brief tempest of anger and then everyone will just forget that Hook murdered Emma's grandfather, the same way they've forgotten that Regina killed Emma's other grandfather (and her grandmother too!).

Of course my favorite part was the return of 'The Shepard' era Rumple complete with quips and I especially loved that they gave him a moment to show that no matter how blackened his heart might be he's still a father who lost his son and was as desperate as this father was to find him. It was a nice moment.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2017, 08:03:52 AM »
I give this episode an A-.  Everything clicked.  Even the "Regina realizes there is something fishy about Robin."  Can we say plant by EQ or Zelena.  Naw -- not Zelena.  She was too surprised to hear he was back.

Regarding the exit of Snow and Charming.  Last night could have started the process.  They decide to raise Neil elsewhere once the curse is broken.  Or to break the curse, they have to leave. 

Best episode in a long time though.  Minus the Robin and Regina stuff and the fear of vault sex.  Loved her expression when the kiss wasn't the same.

What do you think of the show continuing without Snow/Charming?  Actually, they've been in less and less.  And yes, I have several pieces I want to write this week.  Just got to get my head around them.
And did I see ogres for next week?

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2017, 10:51:44 AM »
The only gripe I might have with Snow and Charming leaving is the destruction of the family unit. If Emma, Henry and Rumple stay and The Charmings move away (for lack of a better way to put it) wouldn't that be sad for Henry and Emma? I know people move away in real life, but I sort of assume this 'move' is more likely to be to another realm. Which granted isn't as hard to travel as it used to be, but still, I can't picture Snow White wanting to leave Emma and Henry behind under anything but the most dire of circumstances. Though we do have one instance of something like this from season 3 in Neverland when David got poisoned by dreamshade (which would kill him soon after leaving Neverland) and Snow was planning on building a tree house and staying there with him.

I still have this stupid irrational hope that somehow the whole family will make-up and have that awkward Thanksgiving meal after that flurry of happy endings I want for nearly everyone. I know this isn't going to happen, but I just want a happy family at the end.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2017, 02:35:51 PM »
One post I read said that Emma, Hook, Rumple and Regina somehow disappear out of Storybrooke and must find their way back while fighting evil.  Duh -- that is terrible. 

The show was built on the Charming though you don't see it now. 

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2017, 08:50:49 PM »
Ok, the episode isn't over just yet, but wth is this nonsense about Baelfire using the dagger to make Rumple kill Beowolf? You know what a flaming hypocrite that would make Bae in all the story comes afterwords in the timeline? This does not fit his character at all!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal