Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Season 6 -- Oh, why not  (Read 17741 times)

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Re: Season 6 -- Oh, why not
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2017, 09:15:41 PM »
Another memory potion, my gosh!

Normally, as you know, I adore Rumple stories, but this one didn't feel authentic. I assume this is all part of their plan to make Gideon a stand-in for Bae and to redeem Rumple so they can give him another honorable death and I don't like it! Rumple has already had an honorable sacrificial death, how many literal deaths must they make him die? I just can't help it, I want a happy ending, a live one. Make Regina die to save everyone. It's not like she's doing anything interesting this season anyway.

:character0029: 

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2017, 10:47:26 AM »
It was interesting but I realized how much I hate Beowulf -- reading it was always boring.

Rumple was okay but come off --get off the potions.

I thought it was a sign of what I think may come.  The heroes to survive and come back next season will be in the real world as heroes.  Don't know what will make Hook super but I'm sure they'll come up with something.

More later.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2017, 07:59:27 PM »
 -Canadian-

Spoilers pics from Canada of what I believe is the two part finale.  Gold/Black Fairy.  Henry with book then neck brace and stretcher.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2017, 11:36:00 AM »
Just a wild theory, but I'm listening to Once podcast and theyre talking about wish Robin and just like on the show my eyes are glazing over with boredom when I have a thought... What if wish Robin is really wish Rumple, who killed wish Robin after he and Regina escaped, when I don't know Robin stepped off the path to take a pee or something, and it's been wishRumple masquerading as wishRobin ever since they stepped through the portal!

Now come on that's at least better than what we're actually getting right now.  :86:

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2017, 11:47:29 AM »
Can we hope that the EQ/Regina feud ends soon and that Emma and Regina can get down to the business of shipping Gideon off to the land unknown.  Better yet, let's just send all the good people to Narnia and end the show in an epic fashion.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2017, 09:08:57 PM »
Well that was a dull dull dull episode. The last thirty seconds were the best part I guess.

Note to whoever cuts Snow's hair - PLEASE STOP. The pixie cuts were cute. This one looks like Snow just came back from basic training or something.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2017, 10:46:22 AM »
I actually liked the fight.  To simplistic though in the resolution of the feud and at least one Regina got a happy ending.  The  Nemo stuff could have played out better if they had let Gideon show up sooner.  I wrote on twitter last night.  Get rid of Gideon.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2017, 09:41:56 AM »
I was just taking a stroll around the Once fan community and it sounds like Josh and Ginny have basically confirmed that they aren't coming back for a season seven except as possible guest stars 'if they ask us' and Lana is now hotly speculated to be out as well, which you can add to the already probable killing off of Rumple and the seemingly sketchy stuff about Jennifer leaving too.

If that's all true then only Colin remains of the main cast. Cue jokes about the new Captain Hook show.  :16:

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2017, 07:15:11 PM »
They were shooting the last episode today.  Picture of Ginn, Josh and baby Neal at a farm looking happy.  Jared was looking solemn on the street at the volkswagon.  Nothing of Regina. 

As far as I know, negotiations are still ongoing

Putting some things here I saw today.  Lana posted this originally - OUAT take off on Friends:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL9ibAGNbbw

from Twitter

https://twitter.com/katmtan

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8Gv2HjV4AA4OEh.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8HsU8sUIAAbOzg.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8HtMbvV0AEEq-F.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8Hb7DTUMAAofHg.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8Hrj2-V0AA-J3P.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8HNrTLUMAE2_np.jpg

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2017, 07:39:55 PM »
Contract status:  Colin signed, Jennifer signed part-time, Lana will sign with conditions.  No word on Robert.

Also, I'm beginning to suspect multiple endings have been shot.

And a picture of Hook and Emma in a boat with Hook rowing it down stream has appeared.  I thought it was a painting or Photoshopped but if it is either, it 'GOOD'.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2017, 12:44:56 PM »
Okay -- what was really going on last night.  Looked to be about Hook and started that way then suddenly we get Jasmine and Aladdin taking the story over.  Cute yes, but what was the real significance of Ariel being there?  And we could have used a good laugh from drunk Snow. And do I have to say how much I detest Gideon.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2017, 06:46:16 PM »
I didn't watch this one until tonight. It was decent enough for an episode that had no Rumple and too much Hook. I actually enjoyed the Aladdin/Jasmine/Jafar story and I was surprised that they basically wrapped in up in one night which felt pleasingly season one of them. They even remembered that Jafar had been trapped in a genie lamp in Wonderland. Ariel worked as a sidekick for Jasmine and I think this fits into Ariel's timeline well (not that I spend a lot of time memorizing Ariel's timeline). All that worked. I may have rolled my eyes a bit at Hook's constant rejoinders about getting back to Emma, DUDE WE KNOW! The Hook/Liam2 scenes still feel awkward, probably because it was a stupid storyline. Nemo's great if a tad vague as a character. David's reaction to learning Hook killed his father... I don't know. I loved that twist for surprise's sake, but it's really pretty crappy and I wish they'd let David punch Hook in the face when he gets back, even if he forgives him right afterward, at least that would be some reaction and I doubt Hook would mind. The bar scenes were ok, enjoyed drunk Snow, although I have to ask with one of them always under the sleeping curse and the other usually tagging along with Emma... WHO IS WATCHING THE BABY???!!! The Aesop/barman twist with The Savior's tears... totally fooled me. I figured this was just more of the 'breaking down walls' stuff they do with Emma and in a way it was nice to see her cry, it felt right. Even if it was over an annoyingly over-featured pirate.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2017, 01:15:55 PM »
It was a very good episode over all and did have the season one fill but the person playing Jasmine has been back on the set.  I'm really suspecting a dual ending for this season -- the spoilers send to indicate it.  Also, they refilmed the battle without Rumple's and Belle's presence but he was back on the set yesterday.  And a new set it was.  I'm wondering if they're moving in a different direction entirely if it returns.  I know Jennifer will be back part-time, Colin is back, Lana is back but with stipulations and the only one of those four I haven't heard about is Robert.  I'm hoping that the spoilers imply that Jared will be back.  I don't want an older, disheartened "heart of the believer."  Although Regina is supposed to get worried about a new angle the author takes. 

Did you check out the spoilers pictures I sent.

And here is my latest blog on OUAT.  It was supposed to be about the show but ended up about Gideon.

https://televisionchangesblog.com/2017/04/03/once-upon-a-time-have-i-mentioned/

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2017, 02:41:13 PM »
I sure did look at the photos you posted and I've been looking for more in the spoilers section at Once podcast trying to find out whether Rumple will live or not. So far no luck either way.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2017, 10:28:59 PM »
This episode was kind of all over the place, but it was also filled with lots of little nuggets of story and a definite forward momentum that was appreciated.

LOVED that Rumbelle more or less stuck together throughout the episode. One of the worst annoyances I’ve had with Once over the last three seasons (as you know) has been the constant fighting between this pair that really should’ve been bright enough to find another way to communicate which I assume was fueled by the writers desire to make Gold darker because…
They thought they were redeeming too many villains?
They couldn’t figure out how to write Rumple as a gray character and keep him interesting (like he was in seasons 1-3)?
Fans complained that Belle was too weak a character and wanted her to have some ‘strength’? (note I do not consider yelling to be a sign of strength; quite the opposite.)

I was very surprised that Emma not only failed to defeat the spider, but that they had Rumple rescue her and help her defeat the spider! Looks like Gold's shiny new redemption arc is here to stay ...which makes me all the more afraid that they're going to kill him off.  :03:

LOVE The Black Fairy as a villain. She really has a scary vibe. However I thought The Black fairy’s realm was lacking somehow. It was sort of a dark version of the dwarf mines with hammers instead of pickaxes, but even though it was dark, it somehow failed to be dark enough to really make me feel like THIS is truly the darkest of souls we’ve ever seen. QUESTION...If The Black Fairy is the original evil then she must be very old indeed, and if she’s trapped in her dark realm except for brief baby-napping jaunts… how exactly was Rumple conceived? I’m not asking for a visual Once, just a brief line of explanation would do.

All this stuff with Hook and Blackbeard felt like filler even though I did sort of enjoy seeing Blackbeard again; it’s always nice when someone waves to us from forgotten character island. I guess it was interesting to get a glimpse of a Pan-less Neverland, but like I said all of this stuff was unnecessary to the plot and only served to keep Hook onscreen.

The automatic writing from Henry… I’m not sure what this is. Again I do enjoy a wave form a forgotten character, but I’m not sure how I feel about this one. One more sign that the show (at least as we know it) is wrapping up this season.

The one real sore spot from my perspective is the continued hypocrisy from the Charmings. I get that Gideon threatened their daughter, but but literally every villain on this show does that! (probably overstating a bit there) and every villain they try to redeem and find another way, even with Regina who... look just watch seasons one and two again. Anyway I hated seeing Snow act like Rumbelle should just stand aside and watch as they kill their only child (does she even remember when her daughter was THE DARK ONE and she her husband were falling all over themselves to save her from her darkness and expecting everyone to help THEM no matter what she did? I LOVED that both Belle and Rumple stood up for Gideon. After the last few seasons I half expected Belle to walk out with The Charmings after Rumple threatened them.  Threatening a hero doesn’t make you a villain when you’re only doing EXACTLY WHAT these so called heroes do when people they deem worthy have problems like this… and what happened to heroes ‘always finding another way’ (than killing)?

I was annoyed by Gideon through most of this because I was sure he was going to betray Emma and I prefer the lighter gray version of my Stiltskins. But I do appreciate that the show found a way to (sort of) fix all the weird confusing things about Gideon by using a simple heart control dynamic and I honestly could kick myself for not seeing that one coming.

Also on a death count note - I think the only death in this was when BF squashed Gideon's old (and only) book club member.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal