Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Finding Dory/Angry Birds  (Read 1319 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Finding Dory/Angry Birds
« on: July 10, 2016, 05:43:40 PM »
We rarely go to the movies...but, when Grandchildren visit or sleep over ... what'ya  gonna treat them to...right?
So, our movie ventures the past 2 weeks ..in a row!!!! .. were to first see Angry Birds with our just 11 yr old grandson , Ryan. I had wanted to take him to see Finding Dory, but, was told he had a "date" the next Friday with his little girlfriend and the Mom had already bought the tickets to Dory.  So... Angry Birds was playing.
The movie was enjoyable. My husband and I being  olddddddd marvel at the graphics. The eye expressions are amazing. I almost felt like these little birds were alive.
Then the next week, we took our 5 yr old grandson, Liam to see Finding Dory. Excellent movie as you all probably know...from reviews.
What I find amusing is that when we went to pick up Liam, he asked us if "we" knew what the movie was about. My husband really didn't . He never watch Finding Nemo with our older grandchildren when they were little.
Liam said... well I won't tell you, I don't want to spoil it.
When we told him that we had seen "Angry Birds" the previous week with his cousin... he said...."I heard there is a lot of killing in this movie" !!!!!! hahaha I guess this is what little 5 yr olds talk about???
Well , actually this is what the movie , to a child, may be about. I hadn't thought of it this way.
The theme is about an island of piggies who steal all the angry bird's eggs from all the nests and they have to go to that island and get them back. Well.... killing I guess is involved.

All in all, cute movies, but, oh OH so expensive!!! But, that's what being a grandma/pa is all about. ....making these memories.  So what's money. :smiley_confused1:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:45:38 PM by bacali »

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Finding Dory/Angry Birds
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 08:42:25 PM »
I do that all the time with my kiddos. We plan on going to see the new Tarzan movie this coming week!

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 07:18:35 PM »
my son wanted to see Finding Dory so he and I went (he is 32 hehehe)  I treated to the movie and he said we needed popcorn and drinks.  well I got the better end of that deal!  There was a special $7 ticket that day so I only had to pay $14 for tickets.  1 bucket of popcorn and ONE large drink plus he wanted nacho's was over $20   WOW  I had not been to a movie in years so it was a surprise!  We both liked Finding Dory though!

My girlfriends and I have a Girls day planned for July 30th.  We are going to go see Bad Mom's and then go to dinner and have cocktails!  There are 8 of us and I cannot wait!
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 10:47:08 PM »
Girl getaways are always so much fun. Sounds great!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal