Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker  (Read 1120 times)

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker
« on: July 11, 2016, 07:28:46 PM »
so everyone I know seems to be all in love with the Instant Pot / Power Pressure Pot.  Do you all use one?  I bought one and tried making a roast but it didn't work out too well.  If you use one I would sure appreciate some education on how to cook with one and any recipes you have!
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 10:45:32 PM »
I have never  used one either, but I would be interested in finding out how you do with it!

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 05:33:45 PM »
I never heard of them.  LOL  I guess I am too far in the deep South.  I still like my slow cooker. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 12:00:44 AM »
Sorry, I haven't heard of one either..except for trouble's mistake post ! hahaha

I used to use a real pressure cooker on top of the stove..but, hey this was before I had a microwave...so that shows you how long ago this was.
I honestly don't need any of these things now because I don't cook as much and when I do I cook for only 2.

But a suggestion:
Although you aren't buying one from QVC, I just looked and they sell several makes. They show "on-air" presentations...
These presentations show how to use, different ideas of what they make...etc.
See if checking this out  helps you in any way.

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 09:46:37 PM »
Most people I know have bought the Instant Pot.  I bought the Power Pressure Cooker XL (I watched an infomercial in the middle of the night and it suckered me right in)   My friend Txblueyes is using hers all the time now.  Several of my friends use it at least 4 nights a week.  I feel lucky I found a place under my cabinet that it fit in!!!  Oh and in case anyone is interested it is a pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer and makes rice.  My husband will not eat stuff that seems "stewed" so no ck and dumplings etc.  There is even a facebook group
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal