Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Sully  (Read 1261 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Sully
« on: September 17, 2016, 12:27:20 AM »
Usually I go to the movies with my grandkids, so rarely do I seem to see something other than the latest superhero ones. But today I went to see Sully with my mother and a good friend. It's hard to find a movie these days that is just a good, solid story that isn't filled with a lot of violence and sex--one acceptable to a 93 year old woman! What a great movie! I was enthralled from the opening credits to the final scene. It was a wonderfully made movie of Captain Chesley Sullenberger's landing of his airbus in the Hudson River after losing both engines to a flock of birds. It moved back and forth between the river landing and the following inquiry as to whether or not he could have made it safely back La to Guardia or Teeterboro. Riveting! Go see it if you have a chance! Best movie I have seen in years.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Sully
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 02:47:19 PM »
I know exactly what you mean. My only movie theater movies in the last year were Angry Birds and Dory.
But, rarely is there even a movie that I "want" to go to . Movies here are so expensive .
But, this one I really want to go to. I just hope that they keep it in the theaters long enough for me to see it.
Thanks for the review, ponytail!

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 04:17:14 PM »
We went to a theatre that had $5 admission for seniors, so it was very cheap. Many of the theatres here have one afternoon a week where you can get in at a low price, and they are usually not too crowded. And it was recently renovated with barcaloungers, so we reclined back and thoroughly enjoyed! You should check and see if your local places have deals like this, maybe some of them do.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 08:30:15 PM »
 :c029: .....barcaloungers. Nice!!!
I will check. But, no matter where , I know there won't be any chairs like this  for us to sit in.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal