Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Next Amazing Race News  (Read 2627 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Next Amazing Race News
« on: November 10, 2017, 08:06:05 PM »
In case you haven't seen this news, Big Brother's Jessica and Cody will be in the next" Season 30" of the Amazing Race.
According to what I have read, they started racing from NY on Oct 1st....so maybe they are just  editing the show because the premier date is pending. ( Unless anyone else knows otherwise)

I, for one, do not really like them, but, will be anxiously waiting to see how these two lovebirds do.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Re: Next Amazing Race News
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 09:55:18 PM »
I think we have all heard this news before.  I think the race only takes a few weeks to film but is shown over a longer period.   I have heard the show starts somethings in the 2018 year.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 11:23:49 PM »
Thanks Bacali! I remember a rumour about them doing TAR but I didn't know it was true! I didn't particularly like either of them but I might watch TAR just to see how they do! Haven't watched it in awhile.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 11:48:23 PM »
I didn't like them either but it will be interesting to see how their relationship withstands the race and how well they can work together.  I always enjoy TAR anyway.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 12:41:02 AM »
One of my favorite shows! I will for sure watch it not just for jess and cody, but to see how the other players get along with them.

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 11:42:51 AM »
I wonder how the other players  will take Cody’s stare. :97:

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 10:57:53 PM »
Well that seemed to go by fast.  Cody and Jess did good and again he is not listening to her advice which cost them first place tonight. 
It's hard for me to pick my favorite couple on the first night when we don't know them very well.  I don't think I care for the two women who argued already.
I still think there should be no elimination on the first night. 

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 01:27:30 AM »
It was a fun show. Looks like there are a lot of good competitors this season, maybe Cody and Jessica will have a run for their money Here's hoping.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 03:27:30 PM »
I always enjoy this show, and do like many of the couples.
It's hard to pick favorites the first night. But, they all were fine to me.
I even liked watching Jess and Cody, but, I was happy :57: that they didn't make it in first. That would have really made Cody's ego swell. I, too, wouldn't have wanted them out first, because I am looking forward to seeing how they actually get along in the real world.
Funny, this was the first time my husband has ever watched TAR. We usually watch our shows in different rooms, (because we watch different types of shows), but, with the tree up we have been "snuggling" more in the living room and he said he'd give it a try.
Between us, I doubt that he will follow it to the end, but, that's alright. It was nice last night.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 05:43:35 PM »
My husband watched Survivor and Big Brother with me a few times but it was because the grandchildren had my TV and he let me "borrow" his.  I thought he seemed to enjoy Survivor but it didn't get him hooked enough to watch it on a regular basis.
Let us know if your husband continues to watch, bacali.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 08:05:02 PM »
I will, Snowbird.
He did watch the very first Survivor, but, doesn't anymore. And....
Forget him watching Big Brother, though. He knows what this show is all about and thinks it ridiculous.
The way I described TAR to him was to tell him how exciting it was to see different countries. I said, "Just look at that gorgeous scenery" LOL And, how much fun it was to watch the different challenges.
Only time will tell, but, I'm pretty sure he did watch just to be nice since I was sitting in the living room first. Also, nothing else was on that he liked.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 11:51:33 PM »
The second week's show was interesting.  They did something a little different. 
They first traveled to Belgium and went to a chocolate shop for the first clue.  I would have had to stop over a little while there and test some of the chocolate.  Then they had to climb a rope ladder to retrieve the next clue which didn't seem to give anyone much trouble except some of them had trouble finding the place. 

Then they had to choose between a printing press and grading diamonds.  Many of them got the printing backwards at first.  Cody and Jessica finished first but had to have a head to head race pushing a cart with bags on it.  Cody raced Cedric and Cedric dropped his bags so Cody easily beat him resulting in Cody and Jessica being the first copy on the mat.  Next Cedric's partner, Shawn went up against Henry, one of the debaters.  The debaters raced seven times before they were winners.  I was afraid they would be going home and I like them.  Last April and one of the firefighters raced with the firefighter winning so April and her partner, Sarah, were out of the race.

I liked the head to head competition at the end but I don't know if I would want them to end every leg of the race like that.  It would give a chance to someone who runs into trouble that isn't their fault a chance to stay.

The preview of next week went by so fast I didn't understand just what was going on with Jessica.  Did you leave something behind or fail to do something and keep it a secret?  Did anyone else get it?

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 05:34:37 PM »
I have no clue either, Snowbird. So far so good on this season, there are a few couples I am enjoying a lot, including Cody and Jessica. Early times, though, I am sure there will be fights in the future!

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 10:21:42 PM »
If I thought the preview for the third show was confusing the show was even more so.  I couldn't tell who was doing what and in what position and they raced around those narrow streets.  First they sorted fish, then the girls' team taxi driver couldn't speak English.  I don't know why a person with the job of driving a cab would not refuse to move instead of just taking people for a ride,  then again why would you get in one if the driver couldn't understand where you wanted to go.  The zip line over the roofs was confusing trying to figure out who was where and where they still needed to go.  Delivering things to different places has been done so often it's getting old and boring. 
I was happy that Evan and Henry were first after the last head to head race they had to do so many times.  I think they are my favorite couple.  I was also glad that the basketball players will get another chance at the race.  I like them too.
I am liking Jess and Cody a little better than I did when they were on BB.  Of course, then I didn't like them at all.  They seem to be working together well and are sociable with the others. 

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2018, 08:18:59 PM »
It's always a bit difficult to follow the different couples running around these cities, but, this espisode was almost impossible.
I have to agree with Snowbird when she says she couldn't tell who was doing what, because I couldn't either.
This kind of "roof" task , I hope they don't do again.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal