Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: The Rooster Bar  (Read 798 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
The Rooster Bar
« on: November 30, 2017, 09:50:05 AM »
The Rooster Bar is John Grisham's latest piece of fluff reading. I have always liked his tales, and his book based movies, but he has fallen into the trap of so many other authors who crank out books one after another--lack of depth, substance, and character development. It is an interesting little story of 3 wanna be lawyers who are trapped by financial debt in a diploma mill law school. They decide to drop out their last semester and try to make it without degrees in the DUI courts, trolling for clients as well as trying to bring down the financial institution that profits off their law school, and that they believe is responsible for the suicide of one of their friends. Of course they get into trouble, of course things snowball and they become subjects of an FBI investigation, of course they....enough said. An interesting little side story about one of the 3 whose family is deported back to Senegal.
If you like John Grisham, you will probably enjoy this story--but his books lately are nothing at all like The Firm, and A Time to Kill--2 of my favorites, and the ones that got me hooked on him as an author.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal