Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Any good movies to recommend?  (Read 2291 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Any good movies to recommend?
« on: November 30, 2017, 10:19:06 AM »
I haven't been to a movie for awhile, but it's something I love to do. We have $5.00 Tuesdays so we can see new movies cheaply. Usually there are lots of good movies that come out during the holiday season. But are there any that you have seen lately that you like?
I did watch Meghan Leavey on VOD, and liked that one. It's about a Marine gal that gets into the canine training program and goes to Afghanistan with her bomb sniffing dog. It's based on a true story, and I always like that.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Any good movies to recommend?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 11:19:23 PM »
Movies here are so ridiculously priced that we really don't go.
We have ON Demand on our TV and we don't even watch this.
However, my son, Bobby, gave us a device ... and we can watch movies off of this.
I LOVE old movies. ...so , on Sat night I watched an "Affair To Remember" with Cary Grant and Debra Kerr.
How romantic, and I just love that song.

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 10:49:18 PM »
We are thinking of going to the movie Molly with Jessica Chastain.  Has anyone seen it yet?
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 02:59:57 PM »
So wish I could help you, trouble, but, I can't remember the last time we went to the movies. They are so over priced here, it's ridiculous. And , then factor in the crowds and parking.... not for me,  anymore.

So glad that you had a good time with your little granddaughter for Christmas. How old is she now...isla, I think , right? Shie is about 2?

I finally got my husband to sit WITH me on the couch, in the SAME room last night to watch a Christmas movie.
I can't even tell you when we have done this last, also.
He has his shows, stupid comedies or sports, and I , of course , follow our reality shows which he hates.
The other night he even said. "I think I'll lay on the floor". He used to do this all the time years ago when we watched the same shows.
Modern life with more than 1 tv has changed a lot of togetherness, I think.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 11:37:43 AM »
No, haven't seen that one, but the new Star Wars...yep! Loved it! Thinking of going to the Greatest Showman soon, though, on $5 Tuesdays!

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 08:45:12 PM »
Hubby's birthday is Thursday so we are going to Greatest Showman I think.  He wants to go to see Star Wars but I think he will enjoy it more if he goes with my son to that one. Your TV viewing with your husband sounds like mine! We sit in different rooms usually - he hates reality TV.

Bacali my granddaughter is 2 and you are right. Her name is Isla.  She is so funny. She is talking up a storm and most of it is understandable!

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 12:26:35 AM »
You must let us know how you liked The Greatest Showman!

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 11:30:20 PM »
I am not good at writing reviews like others have done but I thoroughly enjoyed The Greatest Showman.  Lots of singing and dancing - a little weak in the story at times - but hubby and I both enjoyed the movie. 

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 02:21:28 AM »
Hubby's birthday is Thursday so we are going to Greatest Showman I think.  He wants to go to see Star Wars but I think he will enjoy it more if he goes with my son to that one. Your TV viewing with your husband sounds like mine! We sit in different rooms usually - he hates reality TV.

Bacali my granddaughter is 2 and you are right. Her name is Isla.  She is so funny. She is talking up a storm and most of it is understandable!

They grow too fast, don't you think? I remember when you posted the pregnant picture of your daughter. And , now isla is already 2.
My 2nd granddaughter is 18 today( Jan 5th) I can't believe how fast this time has gone by. I remember the night as if it were tonight.
And, my youngest little granddaughter, Ava, is going to be 4 on Jan. 13th. She is a non stop talker and to think her Grandpa and I were worried when she was really little because she was slow to talk.
I think I've told this story here already....but, it's so funny.....
I asked her a few weeks ago how she decided which dolly she was going to bring to my house ( we've watched her every Thursday since she was 3 months). Every week it's "someone" else.
She looked at me and quite seriously said, "Grandma, I ask them. I say, I'm going to Grandma's tomorrow , who wants to come.....and they raise their hands"! Of course, how stupid of me.
I just want to slow down all of them growing up so fast.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 02:24:06 AM by bacali »

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 03:11:51 AM »
oh I love that story. When my daughter was about 4 she had an imaginary friend named Daisy.  Daisy was with us for about 2 years.  We had to set a place at the table for her, make sure she was buckled in the car and tuck her in at night. Suddenly one day she was gone.  When I asked where she was I got a very serious look and the reply "Oh her dad picked her up" and she was gone. I guess her purpose was served. Now you can feel special that the doll's want to come visit. LOL

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal