Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: OUAT to end with season 7.  (Read 2085 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Re: OUAT to end with season 7.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 07:39:08 AM »
As much as I've loved and clearly obsessed over Once...I think this move was long overdue and perhaps if an end date had been set much earlier than the writers might have done better character work simply because they knew when everything would end. Jennifer Morrison (and Josh and Ginny ect.) might have stayed on if everyone knew this was the end.

So I'm ok with this. Maybe even a bit happy that it's finally over. Once was a great show (like Lost) with fantastic characters, that fell to pieces over the years because the writers gave up on the narrative they'd been writing and chose instead to go on some weird tangents to stretch the series without thinking about how that would effect the overall story (again much like Lost), I only wish they'd had an end date stamped a few years ago so that (like Lost) they could wrap all of this up with a decent if not perfect ending. I don't think Once can end well at this point. They'd just made too big a mess of things.

What I'd like to see out of this ending at this point is for Rumple to die bravely saving his grandson and great-granddaughter, who actually acknowledge and care about him (the dropping of family ties after Bae's completely stupid and pointless death has always upset me) and be reunited with Belle and Bae in Once's version of Heaven. Is that so much to ask after all the crap I've sat through? I think not.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 12:46:53 PM »

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 01:15:32 PM »
I agree with everything up to the Regina and maybe the wedding.  I don't care about the new characters this year so why would I care about Ivy/Drizella.  I do want Emma and our Hook back along with Snow and Charming.  Regina is going to get a love interest so why  not a double wedding for Regina and Zelena.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 12:41:15 PM »
MP read your blog, LindaM.  Well done.  A fitting tribute and nice synopsis/analysis of the OUAT fairy tale.  For MP, the show sort of petered out--going from a strong season to strong shows to strong moments---not enough to sustain MP's interest.  Still, MP gives great credit to the cast and crew for the audacious act of imagination required to bring fairy tales to life on the small screen.   A seven season run in today's id-oriented, nanosecond attention span world is nothing to sneeze at.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 03:35:14 PM »
Original Henry is back for episode 20.  They're promising more familiar faces in the last few shows.  I know original Cindy showed up on set while they were filming episode 19.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/27/once-upon-a-time-original-cast-member-returns/

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 09:51:19 PM »
Original Henry is back for episode 20.  They're promising more familiar faces in the last few shows.  I know original Cindy showed up on set while they were filming episode 19.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/27/once-upon-a-time-original-cast-member-returns/
I'd like to see original Henry (and all my favorite Storybrooke residents) for the finale. After all if they can't be bothered to make all this mess make sense (too late anyway) than I hope they'll go for a big emotional wallop in the finale by bringing back as many past characters as they can pack in for the first hour and then tie up the remaining storylines as best as they may in the last hour.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 07:46:48 AM »
Following Jared on twitter and he wasn't happy yesterday morning.  Evidently, they cut his hair.  He had grown it out long and they wanted him back to the way he as.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal