Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Sharpe Objects  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Sharpe Objects
« on: August 06, 2018, 10:49:57 AM »
Is  anyone watching Sharp Objects on HBO? 
It is an 8 part movie written by the woman who wrote Gone Girl.  It is about a women who comes back to her hometown and her dysfunctional family to write an article about a murder.  Saying dysfunctional puts it mildly but I can't think of another word except maybe crazy.  If you are watching what do you think about it?
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
Re: Sharpe Objects
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 10:54:08 AM »
It sounds like it would be interesting! I don’t get that channel but if it comes to Netflix I will definitely watch.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 12:27:05 PM »
I have been watching it! I read the book and enjoyed it, all Gillian Flynn's books are good. My problem with the show is the jumpiness of it. They do a short little 15 second scene and then jump to another one and then another one. Not always, but enough to bother me!The continuity of the story is disrupted for me. Maybe I need a while to let the story sink in before jumping to another character. But yes, it is quite the story of a very dysfunctional bunch of people with major problems, including the star character who is a cutter and an alcoholic. Without giving anything away, the ending is a doozy!

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 05:59:45 PM »
I have not read the book but I plan to as I have it on hold at the library.  I did read Gone Girl and the end was very unexpected and not to my liking.  I think there were changes in the script for the movie of Sharp Objects.  I wonder if it will end like the book. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 08:48:17 PM »
That's always a worry. Usually the books are better than movies, aren't they!

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 04:09:25 PM »
This show gets better and better.  I think I know how it will end but it might be a surprise.  Adora is a piece of work.  The actors all seem made for the roles they are playing, especially Adora and Camille.  They should get some awards for their parts. 

I can hardly wait for the last episode but I dread it too as I will miss not seeing it.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 05:55:46 PM »
Just hoping it will follow the book. I am holding back from giving you any hints! I like this idea of doing a book as an 8 hr. mini-series, though--they should have done this with Under the Dome!

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 11:59:39 PM »
It's over and I was disappointed that it went so fast it was hard to grasp just what was going on.  I didn't like them doing the scenes during the credits to explain things.  Was there someone else there helping Amma?   Did Natalie's brother's girlfriend have anything to do with it?  It was hard for my eyes to see so fast.  haha

I did enjoy it and want to read the book.  The casting was superb.   Everyone fit their role to a T.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 09:12:26 AM »
Yes, the ending was way too abrupt! You'll enjoy the book! As far as I remember, it was all Amma. What a family, huh?

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 04:56:59 PM »
Well, Snowbird, I reread the ending. It's much more complete in the book! And I was wrong about it all being Amma, although she was the ringleader of course. Now you'll have to definitely get the book!

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 06:29:14 PM »
I have the book on hold at the library.  Apparently a lot of other people want to read it too.  There was a huge discussion about it on Face Book. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal