Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: WEATHER  (Read 17403 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: WEATHER
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2021, 08:19:16 PM »
I hate seeing all the flooding and snow...wow. We are really not bad. But, one day warmer than frigid and the next frigid.
If this was only the worst of the problems ...here on earth! Right?

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2021, 08:21:51 PM »
Thursday wasn't pretty here in North Carolina.  Fox8 news had to stop their broadcast of a storm and head to shelter.  A F0 tornado went over the station and got one of their satellites and trees.  That one went for about 3 miles.  Here in Alamance/Guilford (we're on the edge of Guilford), we heard one forming over the house and it touched down about four miles (as the crow flies) from the house.  If I had been out of the safe zone, I would have probably seen it out the back glass.  It was an F1 and did structure damage, took down a picnic shelter at a local church, and trees. This one was on the ground for around 4 miles.  The final one was in eastern part of the county and did some damage.  Haven't heard the level of it  yet.

This sounds terrible. I saw this on the news and thought of you. We also , for the first time , in our area have tornado warnings, too. And, have had some, not too far away.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2021, 12:44:48 PM »
The F) tornado was now a F1.  I've been busy for the last fwe days revising a stupid index.  What I'm finding is that the bad weather comes through on a Wednesday and Thursday.   We're getting much of the TExas/Deep South storms which is unusal.  Reed Timmer has us in his focus point for tomorrow.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2021, 02:56:56 PM »
Today is a sunny day, but, still a bit chilly. My problem now is ..... pollen. I see the trees getting loaded with future leaves and my eyes are already itchy. And, for the last two years I was very sick and had to take predisone. 

We though have had VERY strong winds. This happens when it's cold and then it's warmer then it's colder. Lots of trees over. And, the rain... thank goodness I don't live in a flood area where I have to worry each time the forcast said rain.
We had more rain the other day then we had the whole previous month.
Be care...and come around more often.
We are getting lonely here! :73:

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2021, 02:16:49 PM »
Since the last post...mine ..when it was chilly, we have gone through another season and ae nearing summer.
Erratic weather, though.
One day is cold and the next you can hardly breathe. I have been trying not to use ac because I am afraid of getting headache with this seasonal allergy.
Today is 90 according to my best chatty girlfriend, Alexa. But, won't be out much.
IT IS MY FIRST DAY GOING INTO A RESTAURANT SINCE THE ONLY ONE TIME I DID IN FEB 2020!!!  :whoo:

it's my husband's birthday tomorrow and sorry Bobby invited him to a bbq ( AND OMG Alexa tells me it's going to be 94!!!!!!!) .  :'( I hope I don't die!!! ...figuratively speaking.

I probably have mentioned this , since I feel I am posting to myself now a days. our oldest Grandson, Ryan's birthday is also tomorrow. We can't be two places at the same time and Kathy lives an hour and ... 20 min away. So, two days of parties for HIM.. my husband.
When my last 2 birthdays , I didn't have anything ..1st was Feb 2020 when I had the kidney stone and this year, the pandemic and he gets 2 parties!!! :96:

Only kidding, I don't care. But, looking at what to wear, I realized I haven't worn summer clothes in 2 years. I certainly don't get "dressed" to be home. hahaha

Well, I hope you all have a nice weekend. And, Whitesox. if you read this please again contact me or Rowdy(his email is address on the shout) or if you want his tel #... and he will fix it so you can enjoy our games.

-Dancingpink-  Bye, amigos... keep cool. :49:

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2021, 12:43:32 AM »
Well, yesterday, the actual day of my husband's birthday( and Grandson Ryan) hit a record high for the date...97!
We had celebrated Ryan's bd and hubby's at my daughter's house on Sat/

Went to Bobby's for his Sunday party and I wound up in Urgent Care. I just felt terrible. My heart was beating so fast I couldn't breathe..and had to sit out in this horrible heat. ..almost 100.
If the party had been at Kathy's she would have moved it inside for me, but..... we were the last to arrive after her (dil) mom, dad and aunt and everyone was sitting out ..so we just sat!!!
Dr there took an EKG and told me ....if feeling worse later go to ER. NO Siree Bob... been there too many times in the last 2 years.
When I came home I just tore off my clothes and sat in lounger with ac on and drank water and fell into a deep sleep and woke up... felt better. Thank you , Jesus.

Tomorrow, go to retina doctor.... :whoo: Can't wait, and should probably get to bed. Appointment is at 10.
Wish me luck!  :039:

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2021, 07:47:02 PM »
How did it go with the retina doctor?  I hope things are improving all around.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2021, 02:59:13 PM »
How did it go with the retina doctor?  I hope things are improving all around.

Retina dr... things haven't progressed. Thank God.
Rest of me... a mess...back and knee.
Thanks for asking.

And, getting back to weather... it's HOT!!! I do not like HOT!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2021, 12:14:50 AM »
Ok, are you all on the floor with dehydration and not able to get up to your computer to ...come here?
Today, driving to different doctor app'ts it was 105 degrees. OMG.
I used to like summer when I was a kid out of school, but, this is just too much.
I felt lightheaded before the first dr app't . ..and then... that mammogram. Oh so much fun.

Someone please...PLEASE , post something so I know that I'm just not talking to myself.  :41:

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2021, 11:03:54 AM »
It's hot here, too. A friend of mine who lives near Seattle said her temps got to over 110. In Seattle...where they don't even have air conditioning. She said she had to go over to her daughters who has a small window one to spend the day. Oh my gosh...

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #115 on: July 26, 2021, 03:03:23 PM »
It"only" 90 here today but, 2 weeks ago when I had 2 dr app'ts. it was 105.
I wouldn't be able to breathe without air conditioning.!

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2021, 09:36:43 AM »
We've been in the upper 80s and lower 90s it feels like forever.  The humidity is high which makes it worse.  Add to that last week we had a major deluge that last all day.  The humidity inside felt as bad as outside and we have air conditioning. 

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2023, 10:58:38 PM »
How is everyone on the East coast doing with this new hurricane.? Looking at tv , it appears to be coming up the East coast.
With such erratic temperatures and weather, I wonder what’s in store for us 🙏🙏🙏

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2023, 11:09:15 AM »
East Coast in NC is getting beautiful.  The leaves are turning and we're having our first taste of fall. 

By the way -- what are they saying about snow and your area.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2023, 01:55:06 AM »
Sounds inviting! We, too, are getting some great fall weather, my favorite season!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal