Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Georgia controversy  (Read 825 times)

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Georgia controversy
« on: November 10, 2018, 10:27:45 AM »
I am sure you have all heard about the governors race in Georgia and from what you hear have perhaps formed an opinion about the two running for office.  I am writing this because I know that CNN and other networks are making Georgia and Brian Kemp and his supporters look bad.  This is personal for me.  In 1959 when my husband was young and before I met him he fathered a child that was given up for adoption.  Before he died we got a letter about this woman and were asked to call the Families First.  He was willing to meet this lady but we found out that the birth mother was not ready to do so.  She had children and had just lost her mother and a son on the same day and since I was close to her as we had been going to church together since we were young we did not want to take a chance on the word getting out that she had given up this child at birth. 
After my husband died I kept thinking about what it would be like to search for your family and not be able to find them and also that my children had a sister out there they didn't know about.  After discussing this with some trusted friends I decided to tell my children and let them take it from there.   The immediately wanted to get in touch with her so I called the place back and arrangements were made for her to call them.  That was a year ago and since then we have had many meeting with her and her family.  I love her and her family as if she were one of my children. 
I had talked to the birth mother before I told my children and let her know that we would be seeing her but I would never give away her secret unless she was ready.  I kept her up to date on our meetings with Mimi (her child) and eventually she agreed to tell her children.  The funny thing was they had already heard about her years ago but had not said anything to the mother.  They have all met now and so Mimi, after years and years of looking, has a whole new group of people who love her.
The mother and father who adopted Mimi later had two girls of their own and one of them is married to Brian Kemp.  He is a Christian husband, father and a good and honest man who does not deserve some of the things that have been said about him.  It angers me to think that the media is making him look like a cheating racist and making his supporters look bad.  I could explain all the negative things said about him but it would take a long time.  I copied a link that tells about some of it and hope it works.  It is from the newspaper in Macon, Ga.    https://www.macon.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/article220553825.html?fbclid=IwAR3gsWR6K06onZCElF0Yop3J_lEeCPdXQ0WGB2yZUG4Om1x2yxkoq9x8b8Yhttps://www.macon.com/opinion/opn-columns-

I hope you will take the time to read it.  The  election to most Georgians has nothing to do with race but to issues.  Stacey Abrams is about as far left as you can get. I have done my research of this and seeing how she voted on things when she was a Representative.  I also looked at her financial disclosure and she had millions from Soros and others from California, Washington, and  New York.  Most of her money came from out of state. 
I wanted to express that there are two sides to every story and sometimes the news media reports it in a bias way, giving only one side.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 01:08:43 PM by Snowbird »
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal