Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Christmas Themed Books  (Read 869 times)

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Christmas Themed Books
« on: December 12, 2018, 10:29:37 PM »
I'm currently re-reading an old Christmas favorite called 'Rest You Merry' by the late Charlotte MacLeod and if you love Christian from Survivor I think you'll love Professor Peter Shandy too. This book is not just a Christmas book it's also the first book in the Peter Sandy mystery series, so here's the set-up... Professor Shandy is fed up with all his neighbors wanting him to join in the big Christmas illumination they have every year so he books a cruise, calls in a team of decorators to make his house the gaudiest spectacle possible and hightails it out of town for the holiday. Then his cruise gets sidelined with engine trouble and he heads home early, on Christmas day in fact and promptly falls on his rear after entering his home. His marbles have gotten loose. He had 38 marbles and when he left they were just fine and dandy on the whatnot in the corner. Professor Shandy likes to count things and after gathering up the lot of them he realizes that one of them is missing and did I mention that during his search for his lost marbles he found the body of a women lying dead behind his couch?

Long story short Peter Shandy is (like Christian) a pure delight and this mystery he finds himself in is a cozy one which is my favorite kind of mystery.

Does anyone else want to talk about their favorite Christmas themed book?  -SNOWGLOBE

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Christmas Themed Books
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 08:11:54 PM »
Sounds really good Outlast!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal