Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Sanditon on PBS  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Sanditon on PBS
« on: January 14, 2020, 11:02:04 AM »
I’m just starting the second episode ...

So far I like the lead Miss Haywood and brothers Tom and Arther Parker have made a very favorable impression but brother Sidney is an ass. The horrible incestuous brother and sister have more charm. Speaking of the horrible pair... Jane Austin would not approve.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Re: Sanditon on PBS
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 03:32:15 PM »
I loved the show but like you I don't know how Jane Austen would like it.  The incestuous siblings aren't actually blood related though as she said his mother married her daddy or vice versa.  I think the casting was right on target.  The guy who plays Sidney is so convincing as an ass!
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 08:58:25 PM »
I think my main concern in this series has been to see Tom Parker succeed in his dream to turn Sanditon into a resort town.

I also like the nice laborer who works for Tom.

Sidney has improved somewhat almost as if they held a focal group and realized that they went too far with his character. I still don care about him though and I don’t buy any kind of romance they’re going for with him and Miss Haywood. She clearly has better chemistry with the laborer.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 10:19:59 PM »
I think a romance between Sydney and Charlotte is where they are headed.  He seems like a jerk but she seems attracted to him and he to her but they both are fighting it.  I like the foreman too but I think a lasting romance between them is to predictable for the drama.  I think Charlotte is going to do something to get Miss Lamb and her boyfriend together that is going to not sit well with Sydney. 
Anyway I am enjoying the show.  It just isn't long enough. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 01:27:47 AM »
If I was a person who said curse words I would be letting them fly right now.  The show ended if the worst way possible.  Several things were left unfinished and Charlotte was left with a broken heart.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 07:02:44 PM »
I agree the ending was utterly unfinished without at the least a wedding for Charlotte.

Remember the line from the latest Little Women trailer that said something like ‘the heroine has to be either married or dead by the end of the book’? It’s more true than many would like to admit. The story just feels unfinished without a wedding. Though I would prefer she married young mister Stringer to surly Sidney.

When Sanditon burned down I immediately thought of how Jolly Arthur Parker danced with the sullen Miss Lambe moments before at the ball and assumed the happy ending would be their marriage thus saving the entire Parker families finances. It might seem a strange match, but I think their temperaments might just balance each other out.

I am happy that things ended up working out well for Tom Parker who despite with faults I quite liked.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2020, 10:35:12 PM »
I liked Tom and his wife.  I also liked the red haired girl(can't remember the name) and the guy who chased her.  I was glad that they were married. I was very disappointed in Sidney for even speaking to someone he was engaged to that left him for a richer , older man. 

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 07:31:18 AM »
I liked Tom and his wife.  I also liked the red haired girl(can't remember the name) and the guy who chased her.  I was glad that they were married. I was very disappointed in Sidney for even speaking to someone he was engaged to that left him for a richer , older man.
The irony of course is that he turned around and did the same thing to Charlotte. To make matters even worse he sped after her carriage just to let her know that he didn’t love his fiancée and loved her but he was still marrying the rich woman. That was a cruel as well as un-gentlemanly to both women.

I still say they could’ve solved the whole mess by a marriage between Miss Lambe and Arthur Parker.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2022, 05:48:09 PM »
Season two left me even more disappointed than season one did.  I thought we would finally have a lasting love for Charlotte but for some reason that was unclear to me she was rejected again.  I was also disappointed that that handsome Sidney did not show up since he was killed off. 

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2022, 12:39:35 AM »
This is a show I've been meaning to watch--hmmm, don't know if I want to now!

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2022, 11:56:39 PM »
It is a great drama but the ending made me sad.  I would recommend it.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2023, 05:54:02 PM »
the third and last season has begun and I hope Charlotte ends up with the right man this time.  The first two seasons ended with her not getting together with anyone.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2023, 01:12:23 AM »
I am all caught up with the other 2 seasons and have been watching it! Such an enjoyable little show. So glad to see a resolution to Georgiana's legal woes. Do you think Edward has truly redeemed himself?

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2023, 10:52:11 AM »
I do think he has, and maybe because he wants to now that he has found the lady he wants.  I hope so.  I would like to see his son and the boy's mother show up again.  I can't remember what happened to her last season.  Do you know?

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2023, 12:26:37 PM »
Okay, Snowbird--maybe you can help me with this. Who is the love interest of Lydia? if not Colbourne? Was that a sideways glance she gave to Edward near the end of the show?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal