Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Ron Mariano - They can see his giant head from here!  (Read 652 times)

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Ron Mariano - They can see his giant head from here!
« on: February 11, 2020, 07:58:23 AM »

Rob Mariano
Biography

Hometown: Boston, Massachusetts
Current residence: Pensacola, Florida
Previous seasons: Survivor: Marquesas (Season 4), Survivor: All-Stars (Season 8 ), Survivor: Heroes Vs. Villains (Season 20), Winner of Survivor: Redemption Island (Season 22), Mentor on Survivor: Island of the Idols (Season 39)

Hobbies: Fishing, poker, ice hockey, and golf.

Pet peeves: Cry babies.

Three words to describe you: Competitive, adventurous, and consistent.

When did you first watch Survivor?
From the beginning.

Do you still watch Survivor?
Yes.

Who is your inspiration in life?
My parents.

What does Survivor mean to you and your family?
I have my family because of Survivor!

What is one way playing Survivor changed your life?
I have my family because of Survivor!

As Survivor approaches Season 40 and celebrates 20 years on television, what does it mean to be a part of the legacy?
It's an honor to have played this game from the very beginning and I'm grateful for everything that Survivor has brought to my life. This season is truly monumental and a celebration and I'm so proud to be a part of it!

How will you play differently than you have in your past seasons?
Always got to adapt!

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Re: Ron Mariano - They can see his giant head from here!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 08:08:35 AM »
One of the funniest thing about Rob is that he's now annoyed that hard work and providing for the tribe are no longer seen as assets in Survivor instead its all strategy now...when HE was the person in Marquesas who kicked off Hunter (his tribe's hardest worker and provider) because season four Rob values strategic control over hard work and winning challenges. My how times have changed.  :D  But I like new Rob better all the same. Though in my opinion he's too controlling and he's guilty of unnecessary backstabbing in both the season where he did well (S8, S22).

Can Rob win S40? Highly unlikely. His target is huge to begin with and having his wife there as an obvious pair only adds to it and it top it all off those giant statues of him and Sandra are VISIBLE to the other S40 contestants because Survivor decided not to knock them down!  87873   But having Edge back might help him since it gives the opportunity for him to return at six and challenge beast his way to the end. Mind you Rob is older now and there will be plenty of other challenge threats competing against him to get back in.

Would I be happy he won? Astonished might be a better word, but sure I'd be ok with it.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 09:24:00 PM »
I feel bad for Rob. Losing his wife and then getting creamed in the puzzle portion was brutal. But I have to say I think he made a huge mistake in voting out Danni tonight. I know she was a problem, but now he, Parvati and Ethan are outnumbered by the new school players and I fear if they go back it could easily be Rob or Parv going out next. At this point I think Robs game may hinge on Amber actually being proactive in the game and finding him an advantage on EI. In other words I think Rob is doomed.  87873

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 03:04:07 PM »
I am afraid if the merge comes while Sandra and Rob are still in the game that he will put his trust in her only to be back stabbed.  I can't understand her anger with him. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 06:41:41 AM »
I am afraid if the merge comes while Sandra and Rob are still in the game that he will put his trust in her only to be back stabbed.  I can't understand her anger with him.
I’m actually hearing some chatter that the feud between Sandra and Rob MAY be overstated. It looked like Sandra was gunning for Amber on the show to get back at Rob for lying to her, but her voting confessional for Amber was something like ‘they only want you out because of your husband and it’s not fair’ which sounds like this isn’t what she wanted to happen. In fact the analysis of what strategy we see from Sandra is that she wanted Tyson out (as did Tony) but it was Yul and his group who wanted Amber out.

Survivor is always more than we see on TV.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal