Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Sophie G. Clarke - She's a true Know It All  (Read 463 times)

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Sophie G. Clarke - She's a true Know It All
« on: February 11, 2020, 09:26:59 AM »

Sophie Georgina Clarke
Biography

Hometown: Willsboro, New York
Current residence: Santa Monica, California
Previous seasons: Winner of Survivor: South Pacific (Season 23)

Hobbies: Soccer, skiing, podcasts, reading, and walking

Pet peeves: Men who feign confusion about the difference between explaining and mansplaining.

Three words to describe you: Unclean, tenacious, and chameleon-like.

When did you first watch Survivor?
May 31, 2000. I was 10 years old. My dad was writing a book about islands and thought the show was a "documentary" so made us watch for "research."

Do you still watch Survivor?
Religiously.

Who is your inspiration in life?
My grandmother. She's 90 and brilliant, effortlessly cooks dinner for 12, reuses postal stamps, gardens, paints beautifully, and writes IN CAPS LOCK FOR EFFECT.

What does Survivor mean to you and your family?
To me, being a Survivor fan means that I get to live two lives at once. In one life, I spend my week working, cooking, exercising and sleeping... but in the other, I'm watching previews and catching up on behind-the-scenes on Mondays (research for my pool-pick), rushing home to watch live and follow along with the Know-it-Alls on Wednesdays, waking up early on Thursdays to soak in the Ponderosa edits, and debating the merits of "big moves" during long walks with my fiancé on Saturdays.

What is one way playing Survivor changed your life?
Survivor built my confidence, giving me the guts to deviate from a more traditional path (I chose not to become a doctor after graduating medical school), and pursue a more uncertain career.

As Survivor approaches Season 40 and celebrates 20 years on television, what does it mean to be a part of the legacy?
It's still so surreal to me that I was basically sucked into the screen of my favorite TV show and am beyond grateful and humbled to be etched into the Survivor canon, hanging on—however precariously—in the top 25 of Dalton Ross' winner rankings and on the tails of some of my favorite players of all time. Tony! Tom! Kim! Ethan! Cochran!

How will you play differently than you did in your past season?
I hope to be less afraid of failure, more open to taking risks, and more embracing of, rather than frustrated by, unknown variables in the game.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Re: Sophie G. Clarke - She's a true Know It All
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 09:31:09 AM »
I'm a big Coach fan so I probably shouldn't like Sophie who beat him up and called him a little girl on national television... but I do. Mostly because of her excellent Survivor podcasting. Sophie Knows It All.

Can she win? I don't see why not. Despite her being young and childless I believe Sophie has enough respect and a good enough game for the jury to reward her in the end.

Would I be happy if she won? Yes. (just please be nice to Coach. He's a sensitive soul...)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal