Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving  (Read 840 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Happy Thanksgiving
« on: November 25, 2020, 02:12:12 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone

I hope everyone has a lovely, safe day.
To be safe we are not going to our family dinner, it's just dinner for two at home. I can't pray for a vaccine to come out soon enough. I will be missing my 3 children and 7 grandchildren so much.
Thinking about doing this in only 4 weeks at Christmas is too hard.

Hugs to all... :88:

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 02:45:09 AM »
Amazingly this Happy Thanksgiving post I put on a few days ago, right now has 45 views, but, not one single person was able to say Happy Thanksgiving back?
Sad!! I wonder whether it's worth even trying anymore . ???

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 05:28:08 AM »
Just stopping by!! I hope your dinner was nice even if small.  We broke the rule and our son and his fiancĂ© came over.  they both take tests regularly -- she is tested daily at her job. (she is a sheriffs officer) and our son is a restaurant manager so both are exposed all the time.  Now we are in a 14 day self quarantine   I am really hoping these vaccines are for real.
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 03:21:11 PM »
Oh I hear you, trouble.
This year hasn't been my best health wise and my immunity is probably low so we thought it best to just be home alone.
Most of the couples we know did the same thing.
New Jersey's virus rate is going up again!!!
So with 3 married children, and 7 grandchildren also my sister and her hubby who are usually here, we just did the best we could to stay safe.
Especially since the governor said." invite grandma over for Thanksgiving, bury her by Christmas:  I want to be here for next year!!
But, it was sad ! First time I haven't been with my children and grandchildren ever!
I usually have a full house( or did since younger son bought a house not far from me and it's bigger, so we go there now) . but here we sat.... with the same dinner , just facetimed the children.
There are too many now of so many ages who are out and about, with visiting friends, school etc....  we just felt it safer.
We just can't wait for this vaccine.
And, thinking of Christmas in only 4 weeks.....   :smiley_confused1:, I know nothing will be the same then either
But, I am thankful that they are all healthy and we will definitely appreciate each other next year so much more.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal