Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Below Decks  (Read 539 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
Below Decks
« on: July 06, 2022, 08:48:34 PM »
This is the Bravo shows (much like Real Housewives) that spun off one show.  Below Decks, the Caribbean edition was recommended to me by a prof friend.  She's really into the Mediterrean edition.  They also have the Sailing Yacht edition.  Next week they add hunky captain, Jason, frown Down Under.  Later, they have the what I'm calling Winter Adventure series set in the Scandanavian countries. 

Similarities to BB:  They have a crew of 3 stews, 4 to 5 deckhands, and a captain.  The captain tries not to interfere much as the house does. 
The show is between the cruise passengers on a super yacht and the crew after the passengers leave.  (You talk about drunks!)

Differences: 
No head of house.  The captain is the boss.
The super yacht kicks in salaries (and also some from the network).
The yacht is leased and Bravo is responsible for it.
They make people leave by saying they failed to perform their duties or mean girls/bullying. 
Always a newcomer comes in.

Why I think BB is one the way out.
Both of the spoilers gurus said the studio was up for sale and was sold. 
The executives were supposedly (according to Girl) to different locations.
They had to lease the "house" this year.  It may become too expensive to continue.
Differences between network and producers on the casting.  Do they want a cast like #23 or the hunks.

After I finish the Below Decks and get with my editor, I also have Becoming Elizabeth to report to him on.  Plus Riverdale has been really intense this year.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Below Decks
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 12:59:05 AM »
That is the one reality show my hubby and I enjoyed watching together. Love Capt Lee!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 02:01:01 AM »
Sorry, I never watched this show...can't comment... sorry.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 10:48:08 PM »
Love Captain Lee.  Kathy recommended Mediterrean to watch first but I watched the original and think Lee is the best.  I really am not into the Sailing Yacht.  I think the first name/bosun -- Gary -- is what would have been called a hound dog.

What i want to see is the two new ones next week.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2022, 12:40:53 AM »
I love how they show the crew busting their a**es. And then they show Capt Lee eating cereal.... I will for sure watch the new ones.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2022, 09:19:52 PM »
I can't wait for the Adventure line. 

I'm not sure aboaut Captain Sandy.  She seems good but she can't handle a problem as quickly as Lee can.  The "Sailing Yacht" won't call down his randy chief deckhand.  Gary makes the most trouble.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal