Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Sneak Peak at Week One article (rough draft)  (Read 722 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
Sneak Peak at Week One article (rough draft)
« on: July 12, 2022, 10:07:03 PM »
Big Brother Week One – An Open Letter to CBS

I did not take the live feed of Big Brother this year and I’m glad I didn’t.  First, this year’s cast is a let-down after last year’s cast.  Last year was all-stars from the start.  They were friendly.  They didn’t go out to gossip or destroy each other.  The alliances were made but did not intentional set out with one person in their sights.  Frenchie tried to be inclusive yet had to go back on his word and his apology was sincere.

Secondly, this year’s cast looks like someone had a “call-sheet” of characters that needed to be added.  They tried to cast the type of people from season 21 and before.  For year’s the cast has been one of of the most annoying things that fans have complained about.  And sometimes what comes out of their mouth show their bias and the fact that they use said bias to get house guests out.  Last year’s crew were the most friendly, most concerned cast for others feelings.  There were no noticeable clicks like the “Mean Girls” that are showing up this year.  And many of these contestants could pass for cousins.  I’m not going to try to call any contestant out unless they get on my last nerve (which most of these probably will).

That said, let’s get into the weekly series. 

So with the premiere on July 6th, we find out the theme is BB Fest.  Now when I think of “Fest” I think of a three day, music rich celebration.  So, this is definitely not a festival.  It looks to be a the poor carnival which comes across seedy.  The house is the BB Motel (but everyone doesn’t get a private room).  When the houseguests enter, they are put into three teams of “Port-a-Potty,” “Piercing”, and “Merchandise.”  One person, “Pooch,” gets the free ticket to be the “Back Stage Manager.”

During the HoH competition, I do feel sorry for the Port-a-Potty group.  I do hope that BB provided them with either replacement clothes or their outfits were costume (hopefully costumes).  In “Potty Party,” They got splashed with blue fuid during their event if they couldn’t answer a question.  The Piercing tent and Merchandise group got off easy.  Piercing played “Piercing Panic” and had to attach “pieces” to their face.  The last group, “Merchandise” had to hang from a t-shirt.  Personally, I think this game was rigged as the card reader wouldn’t have had their name and it seemed to come up fast where they were going.

Now, it’s time for the HoH game to start.  It is called “Drumming for Power” and a drum must be assembled.  Daniel wins as putting this together the fastest.  Both he and Pooch are safe from eviction this week.  Daniel, as HoH, will have the room and nominate two to go up for eviction. Pooch is back stage manager (think carnie) and gets to pick three houseguests who can’t play in the Power of Veto game or vote but can be sent home.  The Have Nots are

Sunday’s show is the usual meet and greet.  Note to Big Brother, the forming of alliances is too early especially with the HoH setting himself up with Nicole for a final two.  You know I said I wouldn’t talk about contestants but I have to say this.  I don’t like Paloma and Alyssa calling Taylor “Pageant Girl.”  And Paloma is proven to be a Mean Girl when she starts setting Taylor up for eviction because she’s always “hanging with the guys.”  Of course, that’s not the excuse but that’s what they show on the television programming.  Twitter was upset, as was the Today show on NBC, with the real live feed reasons being stated (especially the contestants from last season).  Paloma has been seen on live-feed spreading rumors about Taylor talking about people.  This is going back to season 21 and wasn’t liked.  (See NBC’s Today show https://www.today.com/popculture/popculture/big-brother-taylor-hale-racism-bullying-season-24-rcna37727.)

In the HoH Ceremony, Daniel nominates Terrace and Michael.  He tells them that he got along with them but they haven’t spoken to Daniel.  He adjourns the group  Daniel wants Michael out but we all know how that goes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal