Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: BB 24 My Final (Maybe) thoughts  (Read 873 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
BB 24 My Final (Maybe) thoughts
« on: September 20, 2022, 08:19:39 PM »
Big Brother Final (Maybe) Changes

Big Brother!  Are you listening?  Have you taken any of my suggestions to heart?  I doubt it (for a variety of reasons) but I am only going to deal with four issues this time.  These issues would be easy to solve if you only apply your mind.  And, in the course of time, might save this show. 

Issue One:  What about spoilers?  This year, Twitter has been alive with spoiler people with some more vicious than others.  All claim to have insider information.  All claim to want to keep the fans entertained.  And yes!  But at least one has gone so far as threatening other spoiler people to stop. (Sometimes, these arguments have been more entertaining than the show.)

In regard to spoilers, CBS you need to answer this question.  Do they help build your audience?  The answer there is yes.   Some people read the spoilers (and feeder updates for that matter) and decide to tune in or out.  Look, we have too many other options to watch.  The issue is how the spoiler person treats the reader.  If they make fun of the reader or asks for adulation, they just want a fan based.  If they are knowledgeable and treat readers with respect, they are respected.  We don’t ask for much!  Just the tidbits of competitions and if everyone is okay.

I went to the debunker of spoilers (and spoiler people), N1L3 Cr4n3 (some think it is McRae, others a stan account) and asked him.  His reply was simple: 

Spoilers are fine and have been around for as long as I have been in the community.  The problem I have is when they have spoilers that can never be proven or disproven.  It’s an old medium’s trick.

His statement is so true.  How do you know who to believe?  Who really has contacts on a set that would be willing to risk their livelihood to help promote the show (RealVegas) or only uses them to make themselves look important?  Or who would dangle the odd rumor in front of someone and beg them to ask for more.

Issue Two:  What rating demographics does CBS want?  Sure the show bring in the 24-40 contestants and manipulate people for showmances and controversies but why?  This game started as a game of strategy.  This game started to show all types of people at all stages of life.  They’ve even tried to help families reunite in the early years.  If they think audiences want what we have seen this year, they are sadly mistaken.  Even the younger audience couldn’t stand the showmances that were established or the treatment of people which led to controversies of bullying and rage.  Maybe you need to monitor Twitter and not Meta and listen in on the discussions found on Twitter.

Issue Three:  The theme and sets have been lame lately.  Don’t you do market research?  If you did, you would know that backstage carnival areas (which this year’s began as) needed to be cleaned up and not look like it was pre-planned and a side show.  If you wanted a rock festival, then keep the house guests busy!  This crew was lazy.  The backstage workers, who should have been working, were the most lazy and back biting crew.  It didn’t look like any money went into production or was spent to build an interesting set.  Everything appeared to have come from earlier seasons of the show.  It was just thrown together with odd bits and pieces.  Maybe a futuristic theme would be better or high end/low end?

Issue Four:  This is a biggie.  I was asked to give my opinion on a Twitter discussion on how to improve the show.  I’ve thought long and hard about this.  My simple suggestion is to take it back to the grass roots of where the idea came from, the book 1984.  So, here goes:

Do away with the HoHs, the Have Nots, the Nominees.  Instead of the inmates running the house, have someone who is impartial to the cast run the house.  Bring in team of people to work eight hour shifts (non-production).  These people will decide what the house will do (theme, games, etc.).  In addition, they will assign chores.  If your chores get done, you get a “good” meal.  If they don’t, you get demerits and slop. 

Do not let producers become a voice from the sky.  Orders will be issued by the unbiased unseen being over house alerts.  Games and themes for weeks will be laid out well in advance and no changes will be made during the course of the show to help specific candidates.

If the “boss” sees bad behavior or bullying, the game is stopped instantly.  On 24/7 feeds, the houseguests will be called together, and the issue will be announced.  The cameras can then go to “be right back” as a court setting is held.  The person who has done the most work will become the judge and a jury will be determined.  If the situation is bullying, almost criminal (fighting), or if mental problems seem to be developing, the judge and jury can evict immediately. 

The mystery voice using the demerit system determines the two with the highest number of demerits.  They will be on the block for eviction.

These suggestions may never be accepted.  Granted they are just a quickly drawn up list.  But if a future seasons goes like the past few seasons of Big Brother, there may never be another Big Brother season.  Ratings are not what they were in the show’s glory days.  If gossip is leaked the way it has been leaked, fans who love the show may turn on the show.  If money isn’t spent to make sets more stylistic, people will think CBS is cheap no matter the prize money.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: BB 24 My Final (Maybe) thoughts
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 01:41:02 AM »
I adore Big Brother Canada for some of the reasons you just outlined. They have great sets, games, and a wonderful hostess. Some very interesting characters as well. It's on Paramount if you have a chance to watch it sometime.

I like your suggestions, Linda. Such a half hearted season this year. Hard to get invested in for sure.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 09:26:41 AM »
I would like to see some changes in the way they do evictions.  I am sick of everyone voting the same way.
Instead of having an HOH divide the cast into three groups.  This would be done right before each person voted for one from the other two groups to be evicted. They could not vote for anyone from their group to be evicted.  The two top vote-getters would then be voted on immediately so there would be no time to discuss voting for one person.  The group division would change weekly.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 03:27:10 AM »
Every season for years Julie comes on and tells the hgs that this is going to be the best group with new comps. the most exciting year. BUT,it's not!  We see the same year after year... ice sliding.. falling off wall, comic book, dark spooky room. bowling or ball in slot.
No imagination , at all, put into these comps and the hgs know what is coming.

This season, the cast seemed to get along better, but, who cares. I want some new competitions. AND, for years have been saying I want diversity in ages like the first Big Brothers. Again,  we had a token "older person of 40"who was Terrance ( give me a break). and all the rest are young.
Now for two season, No BBAD? Why is this? Is it becaus Julie Mooves 's husband is out of CBS?

If they don't change things the entire BB will be out of CBS or streaming on some remote place none of us can watch!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 10:58:31 AM »
There is definitely a double standard, too, with BB.
Last year a group of black people, banded together to evict every white person in the house.
This year, just let the IDEA come out of Kyle's mouth that "maybe" this could happen again and he is ostracized, made to have a family meeting to apologize for being a racist and then evicted!!!
Then, on finale night all these "Cookouts" are brought back to the show!!!  WHY ?
This seems racist to me ...against white people!

I am not the only one who said this, several people on FB have discussed this and say they are through with BB.
Taylor is the very LAST person who I wanted to win and it has nothing to do about color. I did not like her attitude this whole season.

This is NOT the BB we fell in love with originally. 

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 01:02:37 PM »
I agree with you 100%. I still can't figure out what Kyle did wrong and now he has people calling him KKKYle.  What he thought was a reasonable assumption especially with Taylor making the remark that she would not nominate a POC.  It was nice that he was one of the top three for favorite.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2022, 12:16:19 PM »
Kyle didn't keep it private but took it out in the open to the wrong players.  Brit and Mike saw this as an opportunity and took it to help their game and get him out. 

The Cook-Out's appearance didn't make sense to me either.  Let's face it -- a lot this season didn't make senses from the mentally unstable to the duo/trio who needed anger management.  Yet, I'm seeing the tendency in the real world.  It's "me, me, me" and not group consciousness.  Kyle didn't make his decision for the good of a group.  He chose Michael/Brit because he saw them as taking him to the end.  They saw his comments as a way to get him out.

I'm dealing with a 15 going on 31 who thinks she can dictate everything.  She doesn't think she can sing the song I gave her for Christmas because it's not in her "key."  I was taught to figure out a way to work around keys by singing to piano.  She wants the autoplay tapes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal