Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 714 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Merry Christmas
« on: December 24, 2022, 02:07:51 AM »
MERRY CHRISTMAS

May you all have a lovely, joyous Christmas with the ones you love.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 12:27:23 PM »
I plan on it! Merry Christmas to you, too! And a Happy New Year!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 03:19:17 AM »
We had a nice day. My sister finally had her hubby tell their younger son.... he should take this holiday.. She cooked a turkey with ... all the work and it's time to pass the torch. Kathy, my daughter and I couldn't wait to see what they would do. They never did much to help... you know ...clean the table etc.  Well...

My nephew married into money and he and his wife are doing quite wonderful in their jobs so .... are quite wealthy and live in an omg house . Most of their children's parties which no one but my sister and his brother go to are at HIS country club. Well, no cooking for them... they catered everything?  Next day plans they were heading to Florida.So... clean up, which of course I can't help with anymore with this arthritis... my daughter is the one to help ... ask Kathy to dinner and she will practically clean your house.
Well, all the food was packaged up and everyone took some home.
Plane was canceled and they came home to no food.
But, alas, don't feel badly for them. ...her uncle has among other dwellings, the home in Florida they were going to and were already at... he has his own plane etc , he told my nephew to go over to his apt which is a couple of million dollars overlooking Central Park in NYC and stay there and he would call up some of his favorite restaurants and make reservations for them... and go to a few shows and to a Ranger game. On HIM!  Wow!  My hubby and I look at each other and wonder ... where were our rich relatives when we were young? We didn't have any.. did things step by step on our own. Anyway...And, I am very happy to have done it the way we did..

Our family( my own 3 children and grandchildren's) Christmas will be on Monday. Our older son is in Oklahoma ( another story) at her mother's mansion( her grandparents passed away and they were also wealthy. The grandfather was very smart and owned and operated a company that had patents up their gazoo. Her mother never did much for work ... because of her father and was an only child for them to dote on...  and the mother was given house in swanky Franklin Lakes years ago when grandparents moved to upper NJ and now she sold that house and moved to upper NJ, and bought this mansion in Oklahoma where her husband of only 10 yrs lives.  The mother moved into the grandparen's house in upper NJ, and goes back and forth. The house looks like one of the Housewives of NJ homes. Anyway, she lives in Oklahoma ( goes back and forth) and was there for Christmas and invited her daughter and family.The motherlived in Oklahoma in her teens and knew thie fella when she was young in HS, reconnected about 12 yrs on FB.  Married him. But....Weird woman.
To show you why I say this... Kelly our Granddaughter( her ONLY granddaughter) graduated in June with honors from HS. I had to go in a wheelchair, too far to walk. Where was she?. .in Belize selling her father's house , and oh, he had bought her one too by the water. His was in the mountains.
With 365 days in a year it was this day she had to be there to sell this house? I didn't care, I didn't miss her. We went to grad and then hubby and I went to dinner. We were invited to a grad party, but, I can't maneuver with the arthritis and we knew no one there... so quiet nice dinner alone.

So, #1 son and family aren't home this week
And, #2 son, Bobby rented a house with friends in the Poconos and will be away all weekend for New Years Eve and Day, so we will all be going to daughter Kathy's on Monday, Jan 2nd.
Can't be a late night.... school the next day!! Meanwhile, Grandpa and I are home, and I am fine with this And, I like my little Grandma house as Ava called it one day. hahaha To me it's very cozy and holds about 50 years of memories of Christmases , birthdays , ... I brought both my sons home from the hospital to this house. I know you know what I mean.
Bobby and dil and Liam and Ava are gong out with us for a little Italian food dinner  tomorrow night early .. 4:30 and then coming back here to exchange gifts.Children are getting older, so not as many things to open. Gifts more expensive , then gift cards. So, not a late night at all... maybe done by 8. They are leaving early the next morning for that house in the Poconos.
So, that will conclude the holidays for me.

Then, the Jan birthdays begin: 5th/ Lauren 23,  Ava  is 9 on the 13th and the 26th is son in laws.   
Feb is another month with birthdays: my sister is the 4th, dil's father is the 7th, then me on the 9th then  dil on the 12th.....
We have birthdays every month except Dec.
Then before we know it.... Christmas is back again #4846    hahahaha

Well, since no one is around much, I hope you enjoyed my stories.
Hope we all can stay a bit healthier for 2023!!  :039:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal