Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: What you all doing?  (Read 1010 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
What you all doing?
« on: February 17, 2023, 03:36:51 PM »
Hi everyone, I am sure lonely here. I guess you all having more exciting or busier lives than I have??

I post and get no response for so many topics.
So lets try here.

I really, and I know you know this.... haven't been doing very well this this darn degenerative spinal arthritis. So yesterday 2/16 I had another epidural. Boy, does it give me a headache.By last night, couldn't go to bed... it was sort of light migraine stage. Have it now a bit.

So, you see, I haven't been doing much....can't. It's so darn frustration.
But, on the bright side, I wish I could show you my living room... I have so many beautiful variegated flowers from my birthday last week from both my sons and hubby, and some roses ( he gets these at Shop Rite) but they are still pretty. I wish they lasted longer. I can see some roses wilting on my birthday flowers.
We had been at my daughter's for the tea party and she and family got me some suommer cover ups( all I need now is a bothing suit)  ... Bobby is planning on putting in a in the ground pool. I LOVE the water, but, where can I swim? So I am hoping I can use his pool, for physical water therapy...sort of.

Now is where I need mental therapy...not to get anxious. My sister is celebrating her 50 anniv next month and they are giving themselves a party with renewing vows at a church... that means...for me in and out of the car how many times and both places. That is so painful for me.Rather than look forward to it... I get...

Then my son is having a St Patrick's day party on March 11... this stresses me too. I can't stand and "conversate"... as you do at a party... I have to head for a chair. But, I am thankful I am invited.

Also have lots of things in the Spring/ Summer. Grandson's HS Grad, Granddaughter getting Master's and grandniece's Communion. OH my back.

So, that's abour me. What you all doing?
Did anyone do anything for Valentines's day? When my family was growing up, I always decorated for Valentines day...still do and have to take down now for St. Patrick's.
But, we already had some decorations like streamers put up for my birthday. I had Valentine's plates and napkins and a candle on the table. Always had a RED dinner...  and a RED cake for dessert. Yup, I tried.
Funny story... but, it turned out fine. As most of you know my husband is a fireman. He traveled most of the week but, when it was an occasion he would travel to be home. He usually bought each of the children a DD heart shaped box of chocolate "holes".
Well, here I was at the counter and the table was set with dishes for dinner( valentines plates were for dessert) but I had this small candle on a paper Valentine napkin in the middle of the table. I was HOT so I opened the back sliding door JUST a speck and it blew the napkin into the candle ,,, Yup... but worse, the streamers my husband had crisscrossed and let some fall down from the light... so... the flames could have caught this.
Well Mr Fireman was upstairs changing his clothes and I frantically called him ....FIRE, WE HAVE A FIRE!
Do you think he ran down as he did out our door every time his pager rang? NO... I heard... do I have to come down right NOW? OMG. I had to redo the table...but, everything else was fine.
We always had Aunt Libbie here. She came every week for dinner and spent every holiday with us. I miss her a lot.
I don't enjoy going out as much now to dinner...ever. especially on Valentines day...too crowded. But, If we can get another couple, that I enjoy. My sister and her husband go out every night, and if not eat the left overs the next night. She has been in Florida for the last 2 weeks.Last year they went for a month. My brother in law flies a lot and has zillion of frequent flyer mileage, so they go overnights even to hotels around here for an overnight and like sitting at the bar.Go to NYC for weekends. All on his mileage. He flies to Thailand a
lot, so you see how he gets this.
My husband doesn't go for that...sitting at a bar. And, me, really rather my own bed.
So, we were home for Valentine's Day and instead of watching David Muir, put on Alexa. LOL

Well, that's about it. I do hope I get some posts under this new topic. OR  :33:

« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 03:43:07 PM by bacali »

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: What you all doing?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 01:34:56 AM »
You had a lot going on! I, not so much, but always nice to celebrate a holiday!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 03:29:40 PM »
I was so anxious to see your post, ponytail. You have to be doing something?  #4846

These things I mentioned go way into May and June. That is when I am miserable with my Seasonal Allergy. Always something.  -duh-

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2023, 02:14:10 AM »
And, Snowbird, you must be doing something? You didn't post...only shouted?  :16:

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2023, 01:31:24 AM »
We did go to the theatre to see 'To Kill a Mockingbird' with Richard Thomas as Atticus Finch--so good! Our next show is Frozen! It'll be interesting to see how they do that.I have been out to dinners and lunches, but nothing to shout about. Every.thing is so high, and the food quality has suffered, too. Looking forward to a trip to Texas to see my brother and nieces. We plan on stopping in Waco to see Joanna Gaines' Magnolia, and then on to San Antonio where my brother lives, and then down to Corpus Christie. The bluebonnets should be in bloom along the highways and in the fields. Hope all is well with everyone!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2023, 01:21:37 PM »
Wow, you are sure able to do more than I am. I don't know when I've been out to dinner.
The shows sound like such fun. Unfortunately, our shows are mainly in NY and I hate NY. Actually don't want to go even there now.
I've been to Texas. Been to Corpus Christie and San Antonio. We saw the Alamo and walked the RiverWalk.
Also went up north towards Austin to a water park called the  Schlitterbahn.
We only had Bobby along on this trip and it was years ago.
Remember riding a tube down a real river behind people's beautiful back yards.
I can't tell you how excited we were to see our first cactus.

Offline cak416

• Gold Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2023, 05:10:38 PM »
Hi Barb! I am so sorry you are struggling with back pain and that it is limiting you a bit now. So much changes as we grow older, but the alternative.... A good friend just passed away two weeks ago-just tripped going down the basement steps and died. I believe she was rushing to take her puppy outside (house training her) and just tripped. Blunt force trauma...she was found the next day.

On a brighter note, I am a grandma again! My daughter had a second little boy-"Teddy". Tommy and Teddy are 17 months apart, and she is very busy!

I hope this spring brings you relief from pain and warm days outside.

Much love,

Colleen

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2023, 12:32:59 PM »
I know... a grandma again. Congratulations! I am so very happy how things are for you now.
I hope you're close by to help babysit. Once they are both toddling... it will be exhausting.  :)

Speaking of friends passing away. My best friend, from when we were in 3rd grade passed away in Jan. I am feeling the loss so much. She never had any children or family  she had moved in Central Jersey and was in the hosp/ then rehab / then hosp etc for 2 1/2 months and never had company. Her brother lives in my town still and she just went too far for either of us to drive the NJ highways any more. Very sad.

And, thanks Colleen... for the well wishes. I keep doing what I am told and so far nothing works for long. I am even going in about an hour to dr that gave me last epidural in Feb the week after my birthday. I don't know why I bother, I could talk to him on the phone.What are you going to do, we all have things.

Stop by more often. It was good to hear from you .

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2023, 02:54:49 AM »
I have a dog at my house but not by choice.  My son found his best friend dead,  He had a wreck many years ago and was in a wheelchair.  He had a spoiled dog that wants to be spoon-fed and wants a lot of attention and I told my son I would keep him until we could get someone to take him.  No luck with that so far.  She is a sweet dog but barks in the house and that gets on my nerves.  I can't take him out since my walking is limited and I walk slower than she does My granddaughter comes over and helps me
I am still having pain daily and I guess it will remain that way.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2023, 03:05:44 PM »
I would love a pet, but, just as you, Snowbird... it would be hard for me to take care of since I find it difficult to walk. Even a kitty, I'd have to bend to change the liter box.. so no pets for me here. Sad  And...
What a horrible experience for your son. Poor friend must have been in alot of mental pain as well as physical.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal