Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Entertainment Strikes  (Read 590 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
Entertainment Strikes
« on: June 01, 2023, 10:08:41 AM »
This is part of the reason I haven't been checking in.  I've been writing for a site called All My Screens and I'm afraid we are in for a long period of new shows.  Here's what I know.

ABC -- all reality, news, sports, and game shows.  Want the Bachelor's AARP -- you got it.  In addition, they'll be doing a separate usual Bachelor.  They're moving Dancing with the Stars back to the network and it will run two hours on Mondays.  Game shows will also play a prominent role.
CW -- Supposed has some new shows ready to go (imports).  They also will expand NewsMax to the network as that news org owner bought the CW.  Riverdale will last until August. Most known shows are going to be series finale.
CBS -- I haven't seen any announcement on their plans. In fact, other than BB, theyy don't seem to think there's a problem.
NBC -- They think also that shows will continue.  They say they have Night Court ready and a new comedy, Extended Family. 
FOX -- will have Masked Singer and some other shows like that.  They will rely on Sports.

Now on to the strikes.  Writer's Strike shows no sign of any resolution.  It seems to rest on residuals (pay) and (of all things) a Writer's Room.  The Directors union is in solidarity with the Writers.  Screen Actors Guild either has started or will start voting on strike this month (June).  They also have issues with residuals.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Entertainment Strikes
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 12:13:10 PM »
Thanks for keeping us up to date. We're lucky you have the info to share!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Entertainment Strikes
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 12:56:11 PM »
I saw a woman ,I don't know who she was, but a writer for numerous shows on CNN or Newsmax??.
She said that writer's were making less money now then 10 years ago.
Writers are not getting residuals and AI is a problem. AI can eliminate the need for writers.
So, I expect a lot of game shows this Fall, or Reality shows. Any type show that doesn't need a writer.
That is why CBS pushed Big Brother to Aug, so it can go through the Fall.... even up to Halloween.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal