Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Lincoln  (Read 1182 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Lincoln
« on: February 23, 2013, 11:48:12 PM »
Lincoln---have any of you seen it? I actually saw it twice, and not by intent. The first time I saw it with friends and was bored, bored, bored. But impressed with Daniel Day Lewis and Sally Field such good actors. If you don't care for history this is not the film for you. If you want to see a film about the life of Lincoln, this is not the film for you. It is actually about all the wheeling and dealing that went into the passage of the 13th amendment. Lincoln was a pretty shady guy when he wanted something badly! And his wife was a little nutso....The period recreation was spectacular, so authentic looking.
The second time I saw it was with my Mom and I actually liked it better the second time...go figure! Hope Daniel Day Lewis wins the Oscar.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Lincoln
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 12:13:14 AM »
I don't know if I'll be seeing this one, but, am a big fan of Sally Field and have seen her on all the talk shows with various clips of the film.
She had to gain a lot of weight to play the part and also had to really audition and talk Steven Speilberg into giving her the role. He previously thought she was too sweet for the role. She showed him.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 03:26:36 PM »
I love history but just don't go to the movies anymore.  With my restless leg syndrome I just can't sit that long at a time.  I get miserable and have to get up.  One hour is my limit for sitting in one place.  I love Sally Fields and think she is an all around actress.  She can play so many types of rolls and make the character so believable. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 06:05:35 PM »
Daniel Day-Lewis is the best male actor of his generation.  Has he ever made a pure comedy?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal