Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Breads, Quick Breads  (Read 1727 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Breads, Quick Breads
« on: March 23, 2013, 08:30:28 PM »
I know some of you out there have delicious recipes you want to share. A friend of mine brought back a whole bunch of pecans from Texas, and this is one of the recipes I used them in. My husband loves this quick bread.

Cherry Pie Bread
1 1/2 c. oil (I use half applesauce, half oil)
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 20 0z. can cherry pie filling
1 1/2 c. chopped pecans

Beat together oil, eggs, vanilla. Sift dry ingredients together and add to egg mixture.

Stir in cherry pie filling and pecans by hand.

Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans. (I use 1 loaf pan and 2 smaller loaf pans--or about 2/3 full in whatever size you choose)

Bake at 350 degrees for 50-1 hr. If you use smaller pans, you may want to check on them sooner.

Enjoy!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 10:56:35 AM by ponytail »

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Breads, Quick Breads
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 10:32:27 AM »
This is my go to recipe when I want something quick and delicious for guests in the morning. I make it the night before, and shove it in the oven as soon as I get up!

Caramel/Pecan Sticky Rolls 
About 2 dozen frozen Rhodes white dinner roll dough
1 (4 serving size) pkg. vanilla pudding (not instant)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1 stick margarine or butter, melted
Place frozen dough pieces in well-buttered bundt pan. (Do not use angel food pan; butter leaks out!) Combine dry pudding mix with brown sugar and pecans. Melt butter. Pour melted butter over frozen dough pieces. Sprinkle with pudding mixture. Cover with light dish towel. Leave cake pan out overnight, the dough rises beautifully by morning. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Invert on serving plate to serve. Sticky, but good!

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Breads, Quick Breads
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 04:50:03 PM »
Quick, easy dinner rolls

i have never been able to bake good bread rolls--mine are always really dry. So this is my cheating way of getting rolls that taste homemade!

Buy a bag of frozen rolls (Rhodes Dinner Rolls). I usually get the 36 count size. They can be made this size, but I like to have smaller ones, so I wait until they are just thawed, and then cut them in half. Place them flat side down, and then just follow the baking instructions on the bag. The grandsons grab these by the handfuls when they come! They are super delicious for sandwiches with your leftover turkey or ham as well. So easy!

« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 05:57:32 PM by ponytail »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal