Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: April 17 Recap--Year of Birth and Divas  (Read 825 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
April 17 Recap--Year of Birth and Divas
« on: April 17, 2013, 11:47:48 PM »
Tonight the gilrs will again  sing two songs. In the first round they will be singing songs from the year of their birth. In the second round they will sing the songs of musical Divas.

First up is Candice, born in 1988. As a youngster she says she was super bossy, loved to play fight and wrestle. She will be singing 'Straight Up' by Paula Abdul'

Keith--so good, vocals are incredible, beautiful control of runs, feel them like a slow wink across the bar
Nickie-perfect, showed you're the boss, liked that you put your own spin on it
Randy--so in the zone, so relaxed, can't nothing go wrong for you right now( Randy gives a shout out to Paula), props, great vocals
Mariah--unpredictable, song choice genius (we find out Janelle helped her choose her song)

Janelle was born in 1999 and always liked to perform. Vince Gill's voice was the only thing that could get her to stop crying. Janelle sings 'When I Call Your Name' by Vince Gill

Nickie--when you have your guitar you're much more comfortable, vocals sounded pretty and angelic
Randy--reallly great job, that is your world, we respond more to you when you are honest
Mariah--I believed you, felt you, singing with your whole heart tonight, so raw, real
Keith--love the song, it's all emotion, pure emotion, voice beautiful and angelic, but didn't feel it, thinking too much about notes, didn't need guitar, should have just sat still and sung from heart

Jimmy says Keith was right about Janelle--middle of the pack--needs to do much more than that

Kree was born in 1990 and says she was a good baby. They called her Snow White because of her black hair and white skin. She loved her red cowboy boots, and had her first performance at the age of 3. Even at 3 it felt right. Kree sings 'She Talks to Angels' by the Black Crows.

Randy--Yo man, I love you, I love your voice, love naturalness of spirit, (voice) natural blues, soulful, absolutely loved it
Mariah--you can sing anything, organic, real, tendency to perform tonight, love it when you lose yourself.
Keith --agrees with Mariah, voice is so fine and beautiful
Nickie--disagree with Keith and Mariah, best performance of the night so far, felt it could be a current song
(little spat between Mariah and Nickie)
Nickie--thought it was perfection

Jimmy--felt Kumbayah to me, not strong enough for Kree's vocal

Angela was born in 1994. She looke like an elf, skinny with pointy ears, months later she was a chub. Loud and obnoxious when she was young. Angie performs 'I'll Stand By You; by The Pretenders. Dedicated to her hometown Boston

(standing ovation from the judges)
Mariah--perfect choice for you, inspired by feelings for your home
Keith--really really good song choice
Nickie--obsessed when you are on the piano, wonderful
Randy--dude I think you're on your way, I really really do

Jimmy--Angie turned that song into a power ballad, best tonight

Amber was born in 1994. She looked like a baby doll, would sing with her sister, wanted to be a news reporter. She sings 'Without You' by Mariah Carey.

Keith--got an amber alert going on, I don't know why I said that (!) beautiful, I loved it
Nickie--stoic, no feeling in the beginning, needed to see that, started low, a little scared, didn't feel it was good
Randy--wasn't perfect, give you mad props, I think you did a damn good job
Mariah--yes, yes, vote for Amber, made some new choices, loved them

Jimmy--A for bravery doing that in front of Mariah, Nickie was right

The girls are now ready to perform their Diva set--any song from a female power house

Candice sings 'When You Believe'--Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston duet

She receives a standing ovation and a bow from Randy
Nickie--that is how you do a Mariah/Whitney song, bigger message here, everyone needs to feel that
Randy--again, that's the best vocal of the night, so in the zone, no matter what happens, one of the best voices in the known world.
Mariah--I'm so proud of you every time you sing
Keith--watching Mariah as you sang, supporting you so beautifully, every moment so beautiful, love your voice, it just stops me in my tracks.

Janelle sings 'Dumb Blonde' by Dolly Parton

Randy--fun dong it for you, didn't show anything vocally, more performance
Mariah--it was pow, thought you were connected to the song, we need to hear everything you do vocally
Keith--voice is so good, you need to work your strengths, not best song choice
Nickie--ultimately, think you're in jeopardy, very loveable

Kree sings 'Have You Ever Been in Love' by Celine Dion

Mariah--very smart choice, showed us your versatility
Keith--right song, stayed in control, so pleasing to listen to
Nickie--You're not country, you're worldly, iconic, Adele, Celine Dion, one of those divas we can watch at 20 or 50, you are everything
Randy--great song, versatility, you can do whatever you want, really

Angie sings 'Halo' by Beyonce

standing ovation from the judges
Keith--definitely the top 3
Nickie--now my Angie is back, you did that song justice like a queen should
Randy--Angie is in it to win it y'all
Mariah--yes, diva, difficult to do a Beyonce song, loved clarity in your voice, you're here to stay

Amber sings 'What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life' by Barbra Streisand

standing ovation from the judges
Nickie--simply perfection, every single note on point, you give me a young Whitney Houston
Randy--most difficult song of any of the season, you sang the I don't know what out of that song, you're like a young Rihanna, so current, so modern
Mariah--classic, beautiful, elegant, you are potentially a massive star
Keith--such a difficult song, lovely, elegant, beautiful, so regal, too

It's a hard choice among the remaing 5, but it looks like Janelle will be gone based on the judges critiques.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 11:55:19 PM by ponytail »

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Re: April 17 Recap--Year of Birth and Divas
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 12:21:53 AM »
I think any of these five girls could make it in the music industry if they just get the right songs to record.   I would hate to pick one winner out of these girls. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 01:16:26 PM »
They're all good, a very strong F5.  Amber might be voted out-----------the voting audience seems not to like her.  If she is, I predict the Judges will use their save.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 02:46:41 PM »
Good call, MP. I agree. I am loving Candice Glover and would like to see her win or if not her, then Kree. All 5 of them should have sterling careers.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal