Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: The Host  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
The Host
« on: April 19, 2013, 01:46:51 PM »
A few days ago I went to see the movie the host with my sister. It was a pretty good movie, a little slow to start but it quickly picked up. The time flew by. I have never read the book but my sister has and she said the book was better but the movie was pretty well done.  I enjoyed the movie for sure.

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
Re: The Host
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 04:35:38 PM »
Court, I read the book, it was really good.  The movie was well done, a complete shift from the Twilight series.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 12:04:51 AM »
What kind of book is it?
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 09:20:44 AM »
Hi Snow, "The Host" is a sci fi/romance book about a race of aliens who invade Earth.  They arrive in the from of "souls" who are implanted into human beings, basically taking them over, all of the human memories are forgotten.  Few have survived and those that have are chased by "Seekers."  However, there is an exception, one "soul" is implanted into a troubled young woman (one of the few left without a "soul").  Soon, this woman and her "soul" become aware of each other and start to communicate........

This is a quick read as it seems to be geared towards the YA audience (much like Meyers "Twilight" series) but don't let that stop you from reading this enjoyable book.  It is not like "Twilight" at all!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal