Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Deeply Odd  (Read 1454 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Deeply Odd
« on: June 24, 2013, 04:05:49 PM »
Deeply Odd by Dean Koontz

I have always been a sucker for Dean Koontz' books. I got hooked on Watchers and Strangers and read and liked most of his others. He began a series starring a loveable fry cook (who can see the dead) by the name of Odd Thomas some years back and I have read each one of them. Some of them were terrible, and this latest one falls into the 'okay' category. Sadly enough, prolific authors that start out with superior novels fall into a 'crank 'em out as fast as you can and damn the content and plot line cuz my audience will read anything I write' mode. Koontz has a way with words that has always tickled me, here is an excerpt: 

"I'm not one who believes that a vehicle can be possessed by a demonic spirit and, driverless, speed around town to run down people for the thrill of tasting blood with its tires, any more than I believe that Herbie, the Volkswagen in that series of Disney movies, had a mind of its own with a desire to bring lovers together and to thwart villains. If you believe the former, you have to believe the latter, and the next thing you know, you'll be taking your Ford, with its sexy GPS voice, to the car wash just to see her naked and soapy."

Odd is a great character, and he meets a very 'interesting' elderly lady in this book by the name of Edie.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Re: Deeply Odd
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 10:29:36 PM »
That sounds interesting, Ponytail.  I'll have to look for it the next time I go to the library.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal