Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Sept. 11th, 2013  (Read 1811 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Sept. 11th, 2013
« on: September 11, 2013, 03:11:51 AM »

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Sept. 11th, 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 03:23:26 AM »
Again we reflect back on that horrific day in 2001 and remember our fear and our loss.
Living so close to New York City, I know several young people who never came home that day.
We have posts from other years of what/where we were on that terrible morning.
I invite our members who were not yet with us last year, on this date, to go back and read them. ( Right here under News)
Also, I ask that maybe you could share where you were and how it made you feel.
That one day change us all forever.
And, as we keep the families of those lost in our hearts and prayers.....
Let's keep the first responders, who are still living that hell , since a majority of them have cancer, in our prayers., also.
 And, ...Let's all pray for peace...so our children and grandchildren will not have to live in a world like this.   

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 05:09:01 PM »
This will make you cry......never forget.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px5YcOeQB4I

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 05:38:32 PM »
Thank you for posting this here, Prairie Dawn. I have seen this and is does give your heart a tug.
It's just a really tough day.
I don't know whether the rest of the country has the coverage that we have living so close to NY. They have it on all the tv channels. And, new stories emerge each year of lost lives and young people who were then small and never got to know a parent, grandparent. So sad.
Today was a beautiful day... very hot, the index was over 100 degrees but, clear and sunny
So, again.... I will look up into the sky, from my home and see the 2 beams of light representative of the two towers.
They shine until dawn....
 So.. no, right here in my safe little town in the US, we can never , ever forget. We have these reminders.
And, maybe this is a good thing.
We can not ever lose our vigilance nor our love for freedom which these cowards tried to take away from us that horrific day. 

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 10:01:41 PM »
Thank you for posting this here, Prairie Dawn. I have seen this and is does give your heart a tug.
It's just a really tough day.
I don't know whether the rest of the country has the coverage that we have living so close to NY. They have it on all the tv channels. And, new stories emerge each year of lost lives and young people who were then small and never got to know a parent, grandparent. So sad.
Today was a beautiful day... very hot, the index was over 100 degrees but, clear and sunny
So, again.... I will look up into the sky, from my home and see the 2 beams of light representative of the two towers.
They shine until dawn....
 So.. no, right here in my safe little town in the US, we can never , ever forget. We have these reminders.
And, maybe this is a good thing.
We can not ever lose our vigilance nor our love for freedom which these cowards tried to take away from us that horrific day.

Thank you for sharing that.

I think, for the first time, when this happened I felt real fear and a sense of vulnerability.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal