Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: The Sound of Music  (Read 1603 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
The Sound of Music
« on: December 08, 2013, 09:25:12 PM »
I've been so busy with Christmas ....that I barely sit down too long much less have time to come "home" here to chat.
I did make sure though that everyone knew that I was going to watch The Sound of Music last Thursday night.
I had heard ahead of the live show time that this show was not going to mirror the movie, but, would be like the stage show...which I was fortunate to see when I was very young...in New York.
I also heard that a lot of theater people were not at all happy that a country singer, Carrie Underwood was playing Maria..
I loved the show. Loved it. Sang with Carrie, and just marveled how they transitioned scenes and did it all in live time.
I had even heard that because of the soundstage area being as big as several football fields ...to accommodate all the great scenery that the actors had to take golf carts during commercials to get to the right set.
I think they did a terrific job and I applaud them. I enjoyed every minute of the 3 hour show.
Did anyone else watch? What did you think?

Sadly, I just saw this article...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/07/anne-hathaway-sound-of-music-live_n_4404715.html?ncid=webmail1

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: The Sound of Music
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 11:20:59 PM »
I watched it, too, bacali. It's my all time favorite musical and I loved the live aspect of it. Carrie did an okay job, she is such a beautiful singer, but she is a little stiff as an actress. I thoroughly enjoyed it anyway. Love all those songs so much--especially Eidleweiss.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 02:11:07 AM »
I didn't watch it but did see a commercial and thought Carrie did a great job singing.  I think it is unfortunate that the family was disappointed in the choice.  But then Carrie isn't an actress. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 11:07:02 PM »
I loved it!  She really has an amazing voice. Yes the acting was a little stiff but goodness she has skyrocketed with her career!  She is from Checotah Oklahoma which is a little tiny town.  After winning American Idol she returned to college to get her degree because she said she wanted  her future children to know how important education is.  How can you not love her!
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 02:37:23 PM »
Yes, I remember her on Am Idol and that she had really never been off her farm. And look at her now!!!!!
I loved the show, as I said, and I think she did an ok job with the acting.... so I can't understand all the negative comments out there.
Can't people just enjoy...without criticizing? It's such a beautiful story. And the singing.... was wonderful.
I'm sure casting her brought a lot of new demographics to watching , too. Just on "her" name alone.
If anyone missed it , it's going to be re-broadcast this Sat. night...Dec 14th.

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 04:52:23 PM »
Carrie is an amazing singer but she is no actress. She did great for all the singing parts but the acting stunk.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal