Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Gone Girl  (Read 1335 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Gone Girl
« on: December 09, 2013, 10:02:49 AM »
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

There have been a lot of headlines over the past few years of men killing their wives, wives killing their husbands and the consequent media frenzy of interviews and stories that sensation hungry America gobbles up. Well this book is about a man in similar circumstances whose wife has disappeared under suspicious circumstances and is written from the points of view of both of them.

All I can say without giving the plot away, is that everything is definitely NOT as it seems, and when the truth comes out, nothing that happens thereafter is what you would expect or even hope for.

It was a wonderful, entertaining read. I would recommend it to anyone that likes mystery and drama. It has been one of the best books I've read in the last few years.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Re: Gone Girl
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 11:26:58 AM »
Thanks Ponytail.  I have heard that was a good book from a friend of mine.  I will have to get it from the library.  Right now I am reading a book by Fannie Flagg, I Still Dream of You.  She is the one who wrote Fried Green Tomatoes.  It is about a former Miss Alabama who works as a real estate agent.  I am only half way through it but it is a good book. 
By the way, I also recommend Julamay Loves Chancey by Bonnie Snow.   :c029: :whoo:
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
Re: Gone Girl
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 12:27:10 PM »
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

There have been a lot of headlines over the past few years of men killing their wives, wives killing their husbands and the consequent media frenzy of interviews and stories that sensation hungry America gobbles up. Well this book is about a man in similar circumstances whose wife has disappeared under suspicious circumstances and is written from the points of view of both of them.

All I can say without giving the plot away, is that everything is definitely NOT as it seems, and when the truth comes out, nothing that happens thereafter is what you would expect or even hope for.

It was a wonderful, entertaining read. I would recommend it to anyone that likes mystery and drama. It has been one of the best books I've read in the last few years.

An excellent book.  I really enjoy Flynn as an author and have read all of her books.  Both her characters and her prose are jagged.  She has a different, refreshing style and spins an engrossing yarn.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal