Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: The Monuments Men  (Read 1292 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
The Monuments Men
« on: March 15, 2014, 11:36:08 PM »
Just saw this movie and I enjoyed it, but it is probably not everyone's cup of tea. It is about a group of aging men who enter WWll at the tag end to find and return looted art taken from private citizens and museums by the Nazis. Have any of you seen it? What did you think?

We have a little theatre in a small town, not too far from here that we like to go to. The admission is $3 and you can get a small popcorn and drink for $2. Can't beat that! It's run by the community. The High School students have an entrepreneurship class that does a lot of it, and then local nonprofit groups take turns manning the concession stand and doing the clean up for a small fee.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: The Monuments Men
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 12:05:46 AM »
Just saw this movie and I enjoyed it, but it is probably not everyone's cup of tea. It is about a group of aging men who enter WWll at the tag end to find and return looted art taken from private citizens and museums by the Nazis. Have any of you seen it? What did you think?

We have a little theatre in a small town, not too far from here that we like to go to. The admission is $3 and you can get a small popcorn and drink for $2. Can't beat that! It's run by the community. The High School students have an entrepreneurship class that does a lot of it, and then local nonprofit groups take turns manning the concession stand and doing the clean up for a small fee.

Oh wow! I'd go too, to the movies for that price.
Prices here are outrageous!!!!!!!! And, I say this without even going... or not going in a long, long time.
We took one of the grandsons...to a movie... a 3 D one... 2 Seniors and 1 child... and it was $42 and that was BEFORE the popcorn and soda....which ran.... the total for the whole venture to be ....close to $60.
I thought my husband was going to have a heart attack or stroke...he was so angry.

I did watch Gravity 2 weekends ago...On Demand. I enjoyed it but, of course, I'm sure most of the enjoyment , too ,for this picture was that expensive 3 D again. But, I,too, refuse to spend this am't . , and quite honestly... I rather watch a movie all comfy in my pjs. And, I never even think to put these On Demand on...I have so much DVR...from the whole week to catch up on on weekends.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal