Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Oathkeeper  (Read 769 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Oathkeeper
« on: April 27, 2014, 11:14:05 PM »
Grey Worm is being taught to read by Missendei. He questions her, where she was born, when she became a slave. She tells him of being captured at the age of 5 and watching her village burn. Grey Worm doesn't remember his life before he became an Unsullied. Dani enters and tells them to continue their lesson later. "It's time."
Grey Worm and several other of the Unsullied break into the city of Meereen through the sewer grates, and take the tunnels into the slave quarters, where the slaves are talking about the day's events. Some of them see this as a chance to gain their freedom, others feel if they revolt it is sure death to them. Grey Worm comes in and tells them of his captivity, and how Dani freed him and the rest of the Unsullied. Some of the slaves are still not sold on the idea of rebellion, they are not soldiers. Grey Worm drops a bundle of weapons to the floor.
One of the masters is traveling down a side street with 2 of his guards. They come to a wall with the words--Kill the Masters--written on it in blood. He turns to see slaves coming at him from all directions with only one thing in mind.
Dani is led into the city by children to a jubilant welcome. The collars of the slaves are tossed before her. She climbs a staircase to look out over the newly freed slaves and asks Jorah how many children did they nail to the marker posts? Jorah says 163, and Dani replies, yes, that was it. Ser Barristan suggests mercy to a people that has known none. But Dani tells him--I will counter injustice with justice. We watch as the masters (I am assuming 163 of them) are in their turn nailed to their own posts.
We leave Dani at the top of the pyramid of Meereen, looking out over her newest conquest. What kind of ruler will she become? Has the harshness of her march, the injustices she has witnessed, the cruelty of the peoples she has overthrown made her into a great ruler or has she become with every step more and more like those she has overthrown?

Bronn and Jaime continue practice with the sword. Just when Jaime thinks he has gotten one over on Bronn, Bronn grabs his golden hand and smashes Jaime down. Startled, Jaime wonders what that was all about. Bronn schools him in the finer points of dirty tricks.
They talk about Tyrion, and neither of them think he was responsible for Joffrey's death. Poison is not his style, neither is murder. Bronn tells Jaime how he came into Tyrion's service. He fought for Tyrion as his champion when he was a prisoner of Lady Aryn, but Jaime was his first choice...he knew Jaime would have ridden night and day to fight for him.

Tyrion and Jaime talk for the first time, and Jaime apologizes for not coming sooner. He tries to make light of Tyrion's captivity and compares it to his own, but he doesn't have much success. He asks Tyrion if he knows what is coming. Tyrion says of course, everyone thinks me guilty, especially my father, and he is one of the judges and Cersei wants me dead before my trial. The two brothers feel each other out over Joffrey's death, Jaime believes Tyrion had nothing to do with it, Jaime wants to know how he can help him, Tyrion says--set me free. Jaime says you know I can't. Freeing you would be treason, you will have a trial. A hopeless Tyrion tells Jaime that Cersei will not rest until she has his head on a spike.

Baelish and Sansa are on the ship. He tells her he will be marrying her Aunt Lysa, and that they will be at the aerie soon where she will be safe. Sansa asks him if he killed Joffrey and Baelish denies it--he's been in the vale. She asks about Dentos, the fool--no, you would never trust a drunk--Tyrion--no, he wasn't involved in Joffrey's death either. But then Baelish turns to Sansa and says--but you were. Do you remember that lovely necklace? Was it missing a stone? A horrified Sansa wonders--what would you gain? And Baelish tells her--always keep your foes confused. So many men spend their lives avoiding change, and then they die. I risk everything to get what I want. Sansa says, what do you want? Baelish strokes her hair and says-- everything. He goes on to tell her that --Joffrey was a vicious boy with a crown on his head, an unstable ally--who can trust a friend like that? My new friends are more predictable. As to what happened to Joffrey, that was something my new friends wanted very badly.

The scene shifts to Olenna and Margaery, having a talk. Olenna will be leaving soon, and wants to talk about a marriage to Tommen. She confides in Margaery about her own sexploits--how she stole her sister's fiance.-- She was good, very, very good but Margaery is even better than she was. She needs to act quickly, however, before Cersei turns the boy against her. Olenna hints that Joffrey would not have been a good king to be married to. She hints to Margaery that she couldn't let that happen. Tyrion had nothing to do with his death--you don't think I'd let you marry that beast do you? Margaery is stunned.

Jon is giving lessons to the new men, but the acting commander Aliser Thorne stalks over and tells him that he is a steward and has no business training the men. Jon tells him that someone needs to, but Thorne tells him it is not going to be him--go find a chamber pot to empty.
Thorne and his man are worried about the mutineers at Craster's Keep, they need to reconsider sending someone out to take care of them. Let Jon Snow go, let the mutineers take care of him for us.
Jon makes a friend with a new recruit named Locke--who happens to be Lord Bolton's man.

Cersei is hitting the wine pretty hard when Jaime arrives. She is concerned for Tommen's safety and does not think that Jaime is up to the task of keeping him safe. She questions why Lady Catelyn set him free. Jaime says because I told her I would set her daughters free. Cersei asks Jaime--if I told you to leave the capitol and find Sansa would you do it?  She says she knows he went to see Tyrion and questions why he would go see 'that creature who murdered our son.'Jaime tells her Tyrion didn't do it. The delusional Cersei tells Jaime that Tyrion would kill them all if he could. She dismisses him to go guard Tommen.

Tommen is awakened in the middle of the night. Margaery comes into his room sits on his bed and tells him--word has it that I'm to be your bride. We ought to get to know one another. She makes small talk, kisses his forehead, and leaves. A fragile bond has been built between the two.

Brienne is reading Jaime's pages in the Book of Kings, about his role in slaying the king. Jaime picks up his sword and hands it over to Brienne. He tells her it was forged from Ned Stark's sword and asks her to find Sansa and get her to safety. He also gives her a coat of mail. Brienne tells him she will find Sansa, for Lady Catelyn.....and for you. Jaime tells her he has one more gift for her, a squire, (that just happens to be Pod). Bronn gives Pod Tyrion's axe as well. Jaime and Brienne name her new sword Oathkeeper. The two exchange a lingering glance and then a goodbye. It is a bittersweet parting. As Brienne rides off she glances back, and Jaime stands looking at her as she disappears.

Sam and Jon are talking back at Castle Black. Sam is worried over leaving Gilly in Mole's Town. Jon is worried about Bran traveling north of the wall--thinking they will probably go to Craster's Keep. Acting Commander Thorne tells Jon he has decided he can go to Craster's Keep to rout out the mutineers, but he can only take volunteers. Jon speaks to the Night Watch. He tells them of the importance of this mission. They have to do it because the traitors know all of their defenses. Mance can't get to them first and find out this information. He also calls on them to remember Lord Commander Mormont, and that he needs to be given justice. Jon gets a surprising amount of volunteers to go with him, Locke among them.

At Craster's Keep, the mutineers are taking full advantage of Craster's wine and women. Their leader, Carl Tanner, is drinking his out of Mormont's skull and picking fights with his man, Rast. An elderly woman comes in with a baby, the last of Craster's children to be born. Tanner wonders what Craster did with them, kill them before they could grow up and do the same to him? The women babble in a chorus--offer to the gods, offer to the gods. Tanner says let's give the walkers what they want and hands the baby to Rast. Rast walks into the forest and lays the baby down. When he returns, he stops at the cage where Ghost is penned up and dumps out his water on the ground. In the distance he hears crows, and sees the water freeze before his eyes. He turns tail and runs quickly away.

Bran hears the cries of a baby in the distance and Jojen goes after it. Bran falls into a trance and follows Jojen in his wolf's body. He sees the shed and awakens instantly, saying someone's hurt, trapped, they have my brother's wolf Ghost. He insists they go to see what is going on there. As they are spying on the keep Jojen wants to leave but Bran refuses because he wants to rescue his wolf Summer from the trap. Instead, they are surrounded by the traitorous Crows and taken to be questioned. Tanner can tell that Bran is no wildling, and that he is highborn. They are all fancy looking folks, creeping around north of the wall. He puts his hands on Meera's hair and asks her why she dragged a crippled boy all the way up here, who are you? Jojen begins to have one of his fits. Bran in a panic at what he thinks he will do to Meera, says he is Brandon Stark of Winterfell. Tanner knows this is Jon Snow's brother, and says--I thought this was going to be another boring day.

Through a blizzard we see one of the white walkers on horseback. He is carrying the baby and heading towards an icy fortress. He dismounts, walks to an icy altar ,encircled by spires of ice and sets the baby down. In the distance we see some dim forms, one of which detaches itself and comes over to the baby. He picks the baby up and touches it's cheek. The baby's eyes turn to crystal blue ice.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 01:12:52 AM by ponytail »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal