Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Heaven Is For Real  (Read 1511 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Heaven Is For Real
« on: May 23, 2014, 01:23:47 AM »
I rarely go to the movies since it's so expensive , but, I just wanted to see "Heaven Is For Real".
So, off I went last week, with my girlfriend whom I met when we were 7, who wanted to see it too.
I guess because it is a movie that addressed the question most of us hope to find out...that heaven does exist, and because I just had to get out of this house and do something fun, was I wiling  to shell out the $11 Senior discount price for a ticket.  Of course, I had the small $8.95 popcorn and soda....but, I so seldom go ..I felt ..what the heck.
I can't say it blew me away, but, I will say that I enjoyed every single minute of it.
If you want action, or fighting or sex this isn't for you. It's just a beautiful uplifting story about a child who says he has been to heaven.
The little boy in the movie, from afar, reminded me of my youngest grandson...the way his hair was spiffed up in the front. And, I was touched by the whole story which they say is taken from real life.
In fact, as the credits rolled, they showed pictures of the actual family.
The movie made me "feel" good.
I would recommend it for anyone who wants a quiet, lovely night at the movies.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Heaven Is For Real
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 10:26:52 AM »
Yes, bacali. It is taken from a real life story of a family from here in Nebraska. It was such a sensation here, after the book came out. Even more with the movie.

Offline cak416

• Gold Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 03:03:45 PM »
I read the book when it first came out. I loved it. 

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 06:45:50 PM »
I seldom go to the movies either because of my Restless Leg Syndrome and the cost is ridiculous.  This one is the kind of movie I like so I might just try to see it too. 
Does anyone remember going to the movie and having popcorn and a coke for less than 50 cent?
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal