Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Once Upon a Time - ABC  (Read 20160 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
Re: Once Upon a Time - ABC
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2015, 09:03:40 AM »
I thought that was dialog flub.  No -- Regina took the heart in last episode with Belle's consent.  Rumple was telling Belle that to color himself a little better.  And what's this about his heart almost being black?  I didn't get that at all. 

The way I thought it went down was that Belle let Regina have her heart so she would have leverage.  Are they making Rumple a liar?  Are they trying to make him heroic. 

And I read a spoiler late last night that I don't like involving Emma and the dagger and disappearing in next week's two hour episode.

Oh and what about the author in a cloud of smoke.  I'm rereading Exodus right now and the "pillar of cloud" led the Hebrews out of Egypt.  A pillow of light appears to Moses in the tabernacle.  I don't think they're referencing this but it was too fresh in my mind.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2015, 01:13:30 PM »
I thought that was dialog flub.  No -- Regina took the heart in last episode with Belle's consent.  Rumple was telling Belle that to color himself a little better.  And what's this about his heart almost being black?  I didn't get that at all. 

The way I thought it went down was that Belle let Regina have her heart so she would have leverage.  Are they making Rumple a liar?  Are they trying to make him heroic. 
If you honestly think Belle gave Regina her heart to blackmail Rumple... I don't know what show you watched last night.  :c029:

http://thestraggletag.tumblr.com/post/117483812566/yes-please-tell-me-again-how-the-whole-regina

http://violetfaust.tumblr.com/post/117493565411/quills-two-random-questions-after-tonights-ep

http://bad-faery.tumblr.com/post/117520361055/has-anyone-addressed-the-fact-that-the-heroes-had

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2015, 07:09:56 PM »
The Prankster is open-minded on the question of WHEN Regina acquired Belle's heart.  Most (but not all) of the arguments for Regina having acquired Belle's heart at some earlier time are based on the assumption that Belle surrendered her heart to Regina voluntarily in the pawn shop.  Why?  The viewer has no idea what transpired between Regina and Belle after Belle said "What can I do to help?"  Why couldn't Regina have taken Belle's heart involuntarily in the pawn shop.  The fact Belle does not recognize her own heart could result from Regina having commanded Belle to forget about Regina taking Belle's heart.  On the other hand,  the Prankster does not believe there was any dialogue flub and the writers left the situation deliberately ambiguous.  An earlier theft would be a good explanation for Belle's seemingly uncharacteristic behavior during this story arc.  A case can be made either way.

The Prankster is more interested in how things unfold going forward.  Battle lines are being drawn.  Who lives?  Who dies?  Who is altered?  Will the Sorcerer's Apprentice continue to meddle in an effort to restore fate?

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2015, 07:59:39 AM »
Okay -- spoilers!  Click at your own risk. 

http://cartermatt.com/162829/once-upon-a-time-season-4-episode-20-preview-will-maleficent-destroy-snow-white/

http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/57750/20150421/once-upon-time-season-4-finale-spoilers-another-character-escaping-urn-like-season-3-creators-dish-details.htm

And if you noticed in the finale preview, we saw Snow fall and hit her head.  I don't think anything will necessarily happy to the Charming family because they were the family around the series beginning and have been key the whole time.  I hate what Charming and Snow have become.  And I'm betting my student worker will breeze in her sometime this week and say:  "Well, that's what Regina gets for vault sex."

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2015, 05:28:54 PM »
Thanks, but the Prankster generally refrains from reading spoilers.  The Prankster learned his lesson when, as an all-too-curious lad, he went on a treasure hunt and found his unwrapped Xmas presents two days before Xmas.  He is still curious but resists temptation enough to wait to be surprised (or not) until a given event/episode occurs. 

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2015, 07:43:15 PM »
Oh, I sometimes read general spoilers after what happened with LOST.  I was right, the producers tried to throw everyone off the scent but I knew I had guessed right.  So finale came, Purgatory was shown and a friend who use to write for Soap Opera Weekly was left eating crow cause he called me crazy.  (I was also right on the mole in season one of 24 which made him so mad that he wouldn't talk to me for about 6 weeks.)

One reason I read the spoilers on the finale is I have my idea for the book on the show.  Now that I know the answer to one question, I think I can go with the outline I've started.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
Wow
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2015, 08:05:42 PM »
Wow

Regina will do everything not to look weak.  Zelena uses that baby against everyone.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2015, 08:07:16 PM »
No -- Rumple can't...

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2015, 08:13:38 PM »
Cora followed a rabbit.

Regina locks someone up.  Love it.  But vault sex is still bad.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2015, 08:22:17 PM »
Cora and Nottingham.  Are we sure she's dead?

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2015, 08:36:35 PM »
OMG as if one dragon isn't enough.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2015, 08:55:24 PM »
Is Regina like Cora?  Has she become a true hero.  Wow what a sky?

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2015, 09:01:33 PM »
I know Rumple wants a happy ending but come on!!!!!!!!

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2015, 12:38:59 PM »
This episode really wasn't for me since I don't give a crap about Regina anymore. Even seeing Cora again can't make up for having absolutely nothing with Belle in this episode after what JUST HAPPENED last week. I know Rumple has to stay miserable in order for the writer's to get to the plot twist they've been aiming for all season (Heroes and villains swapping places), but they could've bothered to come up with a good reason why A) Belle does absolutely nothing in the story B) Why Regina doesn't have the common decency to tell everyone that she just screwed them all over by leaving Rumplestiltskin to die, thus releasing the Dark One on them all in some non-human form (true it didn't happen, but she sure as hell left him to die without a thought at what might happen outside of her getting her own 'happy ending'.

I haven't been thrilled by the writing of Rumple this season, but I feel like his motivations have been sufficiently explained by his impending death and the potential release of the Dark One curse on the whole town. But everyone else has in my opinion either been acting extremely selfishly (Regina) or out of character (Snow, Charming, Meleficient, BELLE!!!).

The Author is interesting. I do think he was happy to write Zelena out of the story (my gosh how many plot holes would that have brought up?), but once Regina decided not to do it after all (Robin was watching?), he went back to Gold, because he seems to have some kind of agenda of his own to write out and he doesn't seem to care who he is 'writing' for. I'd like to see more about The Author's motivations.

Oh and on the Author's quote that 'Regina gets screwed over the most'... bull, 'erm you know what. What nonsense was that huh? Sure he was probably kissing her butt when he said that, but I wonder how many fans take that for truth? ...here's a quote from someone on imdb who obviously agrees...

Regina is still actively hurting people (e.g., ripping out Belle's heart, controlling her, wiping her memories; slicing Lily's hand open because she needs something from her) and she simultaneously whinges all the time about why things don't work out for her.

How about people who don't have buckets of blood on their hands and have had miserable lives? Belle spent 30+ years locked in solitary, was repeatedly used as a pawn, was shot, had her memory erased, was turned into a sadistic barfly, had her heart ripped out by Regina. Seems like she's a better candidate for having been "screwed over the most" than someone who has, only a couple of episodes ago, victimised her yet again. Or Lily. She's certainly been "screwed over." Her entire life was a trainwreck because she was cursed before she was even born. Or Snow, whose parents were murdered before she was even an adult, who was branded an outlaw, lost her daughter because of Regina's insane vendetta, and lived for 28 years as a miserable milquetoast.

Regina isn't even in the top 10 of the characters who have been "screwed over the most."
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1843230/board/thread/243377964
 :iagree:

Next week looks awesome though. I hope the new twist delivers. This season needs a good ending.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2015, 05:26:35 PM »
The Prankster has one reaction to last night's episode----BLECH!  It reminded him of why he quit on OUAT in the first place--too much Disney happy juice and not enough Brothers Grimm grim.   Next season's story line is obvious.   He will watch the finale but he is inching towards the door........

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal