Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Once Upon a Time - ABC  (Read 20166 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
Re: Once Upon a Time - ABC
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2015, 01:31:51 PM »
Okay -- Snow as the Evil Queen is a little too -- BLEECH  -- for me.  This whole villain versus hero should have been saved for the final season.  And let's face it, we all know that somehow things will change back to semi-normal by the end of the two hours.  But I have questions:

It's been said Henry discovers his powers.  I've been saying since the start of Operation Mongoose that he would be the next author.  If true, the heart of the true believer may come into play.

If the author changes history, will it do the following:
(A) affect past time linse
(B) change the present
(C) create an alternate universe.
If we go with the previous shows and time travel, you can't affect time/space/history.  In some ways by his rewriting history, he is altering history which is a big "NO NO."  Of course I hate the author anyway.  I think he's a power hungry, fame seeking junkie who thinks he's the world best writer and is only a gossip writer.  There I said that!

The supreme person in charge is the sorcerer and we've only had a glimpse of him.  I figured (along with others) that the face would be Walt Disney and i would walk away so fast if it was!  Now, I'm beginning to wonder about who it is.  Could it be Henry?  I first thought Aslan (Narnia) but decided against it because too Christian themed there.

If no new land, what do they do.  Spend the next 1/2 season trying to solve all the problems the  author caused.  Why couldn't someone just send everything back to what it was before this season.  Granted, I liked the first part and felt it was appropriate but I had issues even before it started with the villains.  They didn't make sense with Rumple being the best villain ever.

Finally, I left LOST at season three because of the plot holes.  While this one doesn't have as many, and Prankster up until this season I didn't think it was too Disney (and I researched that for an Encyclopedia), I do see them heading down the Dharma hole that caused me to step away from LOST.  It took a lot of convincing on friends' parts to get me back.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2015, 06:23:41 PM »
The Prankster needs to clarify his earlier comment.  His comment regarding " too Disney" lies not in objective research but in the subjective eye of this beholder.  Previous episode examples:   the wimp witch, Maleficent, wants only to be reunited w/her daughter, revenge no longer matters.  Lily returns and, after a brief dragon tantrum, reconciles with Mommy, loses HER desire for revenge and saves the author a rewrite........awwww, how sweet.  Regina relents and decides to do nothing to evil Zelena because she decides she is happy with her current life......awwww...a round of applause for Regina once again for realizing that the puppies and unicorns side of life is where it's at and saving the poor author from another rewrite.  Snow hits her head just hard enough not to damage her, but to make Emma realize she is being too hard on her poor parents and forgives them.....awwww.  Too much schmaltz for the Prankster. 
For me, the best part of the episode was to revisit the unending machinations of Cora.

So now we have a new book, which begins "Once Upon a Time..."  OMG!(sarcastically).  The Prankster would have been much happier with the following storyline:  the author, just as he is about to rewrite, is banished to Pluto by the Sorcerer.  Rumple's heart turns into a briquette and he becomes a monster in a human body, seeking revenge against all who wronged him (which is everybody) and bent on the destruction of Storybrooke.  The nominal heroes and various other denizens of SB have to go on a quest to restore Rumple to his former self before he destroys them all.  Delicious irony---all those who detest Rumple have to save him in order to save themselves.  It also provides Belle with a chance to assume a larger role.  Instead we get Rumple as hero, Mom and Pop Charming and daughter as villains, and lord knows what else for who else.   The Prankster does not mean to offend any OUAT fans, just registering his disappointment.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2015, 02:55:44 PM »
I actually like some of your projections and honestly agree that we need a quest story.  The problem is:  Look who would go on the quest.  We had that with Pan and had to watch Snow and Charming swoon through that.  They really need to find a more dramatic way to write that relationship.  I know that they key on them but it's too much.

I think my big problem is the easy solution of the villains.  I've always said that the final battle should be the good heroes versus the villains.  At the rate they are going, there isn't going to be a villain left for them to fight in the epic final battle I want to see. 

And on another note, I really don't think this show should go beyond season 5 or 6.  Not only are they running out of stories, they're running out of steam.  The poor actors are going to be typecast by then.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2015, 05:56:00 PM »
The Prankster agrees that OUAT as currently configured is running out of steam.  For the Prankster, (and admittedly he took an extended hiatus after some of Season 2), the story so far has not been so much about Snow/Charming/Emma but rather about Regina's migration from a baddy to a goody and the transformative power of love.  I think that story line ended this season with Regina's consistent decisions not to do the evil thing, culminating with her decision not to seek revenge against Zelena.   She appears to have her happy ending.  A Breaking Bad in reverse.  So, what to do next?  I believe the story needs to shift focus to Rumple and the final choice he needs to make between love and power.  I would like to see a final season which climaxes with Rumple making the ultimate sacrifice to save Belle or finding a way to shed his power without dying so he and Belle can live happily ever after.  The "briquette heart" idea was a vehicle for accomplishing those objectives.  Perhaps the writers can pull this off with the "Once Upon a Time" story line but the Prankster is skeptical.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2015, 06:54:55 PM »
Well Epperson was listed in the producer category again Sunday night.  These writers seem to run out of steam easily and I won't even go into what she did with Torchwood: Miracle Day. The true Torchwood fans refuse to acknowledge that season. 

I'd like to see next season be a quest for Emma and the quest would be to save the show from failing.  I know from rumors that changes are coming to Storybrooke and I honestly hope that it's not going to be a quest for Emma to set things straight.  I think it's time that Henry becomes the true author and starts recording the true history and not sugar coating everything.

While many hate Regina, I actually like her with the hint of evil. My student worker hasn't forgiven her for the vault sex with a married man.  We all now know that Robin wasn't really married at the time. 

My opinion is that Zelena needs to come back as the resident baddie.  They need to somehow get Rumple separated and safe from the dagger.  I know the dagger plays a role Sunday night but can't say any more since Prankster doesn't do spoilers.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2015, 07:52:13 PM »
Torchwood MD sucked. Big time.

LM, I'm with your student on the vault sex. Robin thought his wife was alive and thus it's still adultery imo. Granted I've come to hate Regina this season because the writers let her get away with murder while other (far more screwed over characters) get crap story lines or no story lines at all. I'm sure Regina fans would be equally frustrated if her and Robin's story lines this season were flipped with Gold and Belles.

I read in a forum that neither Robert Carlyle or Emily are doing many if any interviews and were noticeably absent from a recent panel or something like that. I hope that's a load of rubbish since that's practically the kiss of death for them getting a satisfying ending if the actors don't want to do or are being excluded from interviews/panels.

I don't really have a problem with Regina being evil or being good (ok evil is probably more fun to watch), I'm just tired of her getting to be selfish and horrid and yet still get written as if she was a 'hero' now.

MP - Maleficent is a disappointment isn't she? You think she's one of the biggest baddies out there and yet when faced with a completely genuine reason and opportunity for revenge she goes all soft instead. My own concerns about my favorite characters getting crapped on all season aside, this season lacks any real oomph if you know what I mean.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2015, 06:04:32 PM »
Here is the Season 4 finale the way the Prankster would like to see it.  The Storybrook characters go off to some other realm to play their role-reversal games.  They return to Storybrook as their original selves, none the worse for wear and Rumple has shed enough coal to make his heart good to go for another season or two.  Neither the author nor Henry is anywhere to be found.  Emma, Regina, et al. search high and low but both have disappeared without a trace.  The last place they look is in the Sorcerer’s library.  A rolled up parchment tied with a black velvet ribbon sits on a reading table in the middle of the library.  Emma, a bit frantic over Henry’s disappearance, opens the parchment and reads……………….

LindaM and Outtie, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write the message contained in the parchment.  The only requirement is that the message contain the kernel of the Season 5 story line.

As always, if your mission is revealed, the Prankster will disavow any knowledge of your activities.  Good luck.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2015, 08:26:31 PM »
challenge accepted!

A rolled up parchment tied with a black velvet ribbon sits on a reading table in the middle of the library.  Emma, a bit frantic over Henry’s disappearance, opens the parchment and reads……………….

...Hi Moms! I know you're worried about me and I'm really sorry, but Isaac needs my help and I couldn't find anyone in town. Anyway The Author knows how to use the Sorcerer's magic door and we're going on a quest to find the Sorcerer!  Don't wait up! TTFN - Henry

As Emma finishes reading the note Regina turns on her, "This is all your fault." she told her, "This was you and your idiot parents filling his head with nonsense about becoming a hero!"

"Well then I guess it must've been you who neglected to fill him in on stranger dangers then!" Emma shot back.

"Please!" Snow pleaded, stepping in between the two frantic mothers. "This is not helpful. We need to find out where Isaac took Henry and get him home." Charming nodded his assent, adding, "Gold do you have a way of tracking them?"

"Of course" Gold answered, unlinking arms with his wife to poof a familiar globe into his hand. "How quickly you forget the last time Henry was kidnapped and I helped you rescue him..."

"Sacrificing his own life to save us all in the process." Belle helpfully added.

"Sorry." Charming offered looking chagrined, "Between the realm hopping and the memory wiping and the shattered sight stuff; things are pretty muddled these days."

"No problem." Rumple grumbled, adding under his breath, "Ungrateful blatherskites."

"What was that?" Charming asked, narrowing his eyes.

"You could've at least invited us to Thanksgiving dinner you know." Belle said, "We ARE family too after all."

"But we did invite you." Snow said, looking confused.

"The um, mail person must've mislaid it." Regina mumbled.

"Forget it." Rumple said, "Let's just go and save my grandson... again."

:96:

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2015, 02:00:44 PM »
I'm trying not to look at Outlast's version.  She is so good...

A rolled up parchment tied with a black velvet ribbon sits on a reading table in the middle of the library.  Emma, a bit frantic over Henry’s disappearance, opens the parchment and reads……………….

Dear moms!
I know you expected to find me but I've decided I need an adventure.  I've left with the Author to discover a few additional lands. 

Don't worry about me.  I have the magic ink and pen.  See moms!  I learned enough to defeat him and get what I need to protect myself.  If he does try anything, he'll find himself on the Death Star as it explodes. 

I know you will worry but there is no way I was going to miss an adventure.  Finally, I get to do something and not just be some dorky kid.

Be back before you miss me!
Henry

Regina and Emma look at each other.  "Dorky kid?" Emma asks. "Adventure?" Regina whispers.  Both chime together:  "We should never have left him alone.

Hook has entered the room along with August, Snow, Charming and Rumple.  Belle quietly stands at the door.  Hook picks up the note which has fallen on the floor and turns to August.  "Can Henry stop the Author from taking the pen and ink." 

August smiles.  "Oh yes.  If Henry has it in his possession, that makes him the author.  He can even dispose of what's his face if he so chooses."

Rumple smiles slyly.  "My grandson, the son of Bael, now has that power.  Oh think of what he can do."

Belle rushes over.  "Rumple, you just recovered your good heart.  Do you really want to risk turning into the dark one again?" Giving him a long look, she adds, "Remember what happened to you?  Do you want Henry to follow in your steps?"

Rumple looks shocked and replies.  "No!  I want him to succeed."

Emma looks worried.  "But the Author isn't the life I want for my son."

Regina nods. "He's meant to rule kingdoms if we can ever get him to the Enchanted Forest.  He has my kingdom and Rumple's empire waiting."

Rumple smiles.  "And he has his father's legacy."

All turn to look but Rumple just smiles. As they start to question, a flash of light appears and Henry returns but where is the author?  And what legacy does Henry have to claim that Baelfire has left him?

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2015, 05:45:23 PM »
Outtie and LindaM----the Prankster had high expectations and both of you exceeded them!  Excellent work!   The Prankster would much rather have the two of you writing OUAT than the existing writers. :clap:

The Prankster is debating whether to post his own ending.    It remains a work in progress.  If he does, it will be somewhat darker than yours.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2015, 07:47:10 PM »
Go for it MP.  I love to write but just don't have the time.

I'd love to write for television but a friend has almost talked me out of it.  She worked in the "industry" and said it isn't as great as we think.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2015, 09:18:02 AM »
You know maybe we should all forget about the real show and just write a fifth season right here. I'd lay odds whatever we come up with will be better than what the 'real' writers are planning. :040:

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2015, 05:56:10 PM »
What follows is the Prankster's idea for the Season 4 finale.  JK Rowling probably would sue Disney and devoted OUAT fans might not like the way the Prankster treats Henry.....or is it Henry?

A rolled up parchment tied with a black velvet ribbon sits on a reading table in the middle of the library.  Emma, a bit frantic over Henry’s disappearance, opens the parchment and reads………………

For those who seek to leave their fate forsaken,
a price must be paid, something precious taken.   
What is…..need not be forever, 
if foes can learn to work together.

In a land beyond magic there is a stone,
it needs to return to its rightful home.

A feather from the wing of a bird that cannot fly
 The tears of a woman who cannot cry. 
The blood of a warrior who cannot die.

These items, and the words they make,   
 shall free the stone from she who takes. 
 Something precious shall have been earned, 
so something precious shall be returned.

The time has come to end this prose, 
for the journey begins right under your nose.

Regina:  Great.  Henry disappears and all we have to go on is a bunch of third-rate poetic nonsense.  Where was the great savior when her son needed to be saved?

Emma:  And where were you, MOM?  Oh yeah, off on a reunion communion with Robin.

Regina is about to retort when Mary-Margaret interrupts:  Enough bickering you two!  Henry is missing and we need to find him.  We need to understand this riddle.

Emma (thinking out loud):   Right under my nose……

Emma looks down on the table and sees the ribbon.  She drops the parchment and picks up the ribbon.  “This feels thicker than it did before.”  Her fingers squeeze one end of the ribbon.  “There’s something in here.”  Emma’s fingers search inside and pull out the female piece of a clasp that is attached to the ribbon by a slender gold chain.  She searches the other end of the ribbon and pulls out the male piece.  Emma holds up both pieces in front of her and hesitates.

Regina:  What are you waiting for, a set of instructions?

Emma flashes a vile look at Regina and joins the pieces.  She receives a jolt and drops the ribbon on the table.  The ribbon rises and forms a circle in the air perpendicular to the floor.    The ribbon begins to rotate, faster and faster.  A vortex appears inside the ribbon and grows in size.   Emma (who manages to grab the parchment) and Regina are sucked into the vortex and then it stops rotating and begins to rotate in the opposite direction.  Henry is thrown out of the vortex and tumbles across the floor.  The vortex disappears and the ribbon drops to the table without the clasp.Mary-Margaret and David rush to Henry and help him up.

MM:  Henry, are you all right?

Henry:   I’m fine.

MM:  Where were you?  What happened?

Henry:   I’m not sure.  I was in the library with Isaac…..I don’t remember anything after that.

David:  Henry, you were just thrown out of a vortex so you must have gone someplace.  Try and think.

Henry (eyes closed):   I am, but I just can’t remember anything that happened.  (Looking around) Where are my moms?

No one answers.  MM and David exchange glances.  Then Rumple steps forward and puts his hands on Henry’s shoulders.

Rumple:   Henry, it is obvious you’ve been through quite an ordeal.  Why don’t you let your grandmother and grandfather take you home and get you settled?  Then they will answer any questions you have.    In the meantime, I will go back to the shop and see if I can locate something to help you regain your memory.  Okay?

Henry, MM and David nod.  Rumple bends down and picks up a golden coin the size of a silver dollar that rests on the floor next to Henry.  It must have come through the vortex with Henry.  He says “I will need to take this with me” and puts it in his pocket.  David starts to say something but MM puts an arm on his and says “not now.  We have to take care of Henry.”  David nods.

Rumple leaves the group around Henry and walks toward the exit.   Belle leaves Will and hurries after Rumple.  She grabs his arm and Rumple stops and turns.

Belle:   Rumple, what’s going on?

Rumple:  Things are not what they seem to be…….

Belle:  I don’t understand.

Rumple:  Neither do I….yet.   But there are things at the shop that should assist me in deciphering the meaning of today’s events.  I really must go.

Belle (puts a hand against Rumple’s chest to stop him):   I need to speak with you about something but I know now is not the time.  Perhaps later?

Rumple (taking Belle’s hands in his):  Have I ever been able to deny you anything you have asked of me?   I shall be in the shop tomorrow morning.

Belle:  I’ll be there.

Rumple’s eyes linger on Belle for a second or two and then he releases her hands and walks out of the library with an expression of concern.   David gathers up the ribbon and MM and David escort Henry from the library followed by the others.  END OF SCENE

LAST SCENE:  The scene opens with a view of the entire interior of Sorcerer’s library.  It is night and the library is dark except for the illumination provided by a lamp on the reading desk in the middle of the library.  Camera zooms.  Henry is alone, sitting at the desk with a number of open books scattered across the table, along with the ribbon.  He appears to be reading a book and taking notes.  Henry stops what he is doing, grasps the ribbon and speaks a short incantation in a foreign tongue with a voice that sounds different from Henry’s.  The clasp appears on the ribbon, the ribbon rises above the desk and forms a circle.  A scene fills the circle--- Emma and Regina are running through a forest and glancing backwards as if they are being pursued. Henry watches for a few seconds and then makes a motion with his arm that causes the clasp to disappear and the ribbon drops to the table.  As Henry gazes into the darkness his eyes begin to glow and a sinister smile spreads across his face.  END OF SEASON 4. 

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2015, 06:40:29 PM »
Very good MP.  I see a hint of Harry Potterism there toward the end. 

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2015, 08:03:29 PM »
No wonder the author is so bad.  He can't relate to this audience.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal