Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 3076 times)

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2019, 11:48:41 AM »
I just started watching Watchmen. Glad to see you gave it good reviews. You never know! My favorite binge watch this last few months has been Fargo. Especially the first season. Gotta love Billy Bob Thornton!

Watch season 2--it is very good, although even more violent.  Season 3 story is not quite as good but the acting is outstanding---led by Ian McEwan and Carrie Coon---filled with wonderfully quirky characters.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2020, 09:02:40 PM »
Just a friendly reminder that Picard starts streaming on January 23rd. Make it so!!!!!!

I’ve started watching Discovery (ST:D) and if anyone cares I don’t love it. My favorite character was Michelle Yeoh and the ugly nasty rubberized Klingons ATE her! I’m only four episodes in though. My brother says season two is better. It may take me awhile to wade my way through season one.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2020, 02:53:04 PM »
The opening episode of Picard was good.  The plot has "age of Trump" undercurrents but MP assumes it won't turn into an anti-Trump screed.   MP also wishes Patrick Stewart had made this ten years ago.  Father Time has eroded some of the commanding authority he wielded with his visage and his voice.  It's too bad one mediocre movie kept Stewart from reprising the Picard role for so long.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2020, 07:58:26 AM »
I really did not enjoy the opening scene this week where they showed the brutal torture and death of Icheb. That was waaaay over the line for any show let alone Star Trek.  *vomit* :'(

I did enjoy watching Picard get his holodeck Frenchman on and I like the new Romulan lost causes elf guy. He’s already a better Data analog than Dodge.

Seeing Picard and Seven talk about their feelings about being former borg was really nice.

:ecomcity:
If anyone cares I finally started season two of Discovery and three episodes in I hate it as much if not more than season one. Putting wigs on the Klingons doesn’t fix the problem of their plastic, grey looking faces and weird voices. The show continues to be far to focused on Michael who is not a relatable or warm protagonist in any way and this new plot to shoehorn her into my beloved Spock’s backstory I find offensive in the extreme. End of STD rant.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2020, 03:29:41 PM »
Again, I'm waiting for DVD.  Picard has been renewed for Season Two and he wants Whoopi back.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal