Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 3075 times)

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Star Trek
« on: September 27, 2017, 10:54:51 PM »
How did I miss this news?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2017/08/19/star-trek-crossed-lovers-adam-nimoy-engaged-deep-space-nine-actress-terry-farell/583580001/
Terry Farell (of DS9) is engaged to Adam Nimoy!

Why does this make me so happy? Maybe because Spock (Adam's dad) was my favorite character on TOS and Dax was my favorite character on DS9? I don't know for whatever reason this news made me smile so I thought I'd share it. 

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 09:39:39 AM »
Glad someone else likes Star Trek! This is good news for us die hard fans. What do you think of the new Star Trek Discovery?

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 01:48:23 PM »
Glad someone else likes Star Trek! This is good news for us die hard fans. What do you think of the new Star Trek Discovery?

MP is a die hard fan, Ponytail;  it appeals to my nerd side.  MP even went to a couple of the Star Trek Conventions in the 1970s that helped to resurrect the franchise.  MP's reaction to Discovery was mixed.  Sonequa Martin-Green (of The Walking Dead fame) is a strong, charismatic female lead and the Klingons are pretty cool, a Trumpian race.  It appears to be darker than the other Star Trek series, more Blade Runner, less Disney, a good thing.   Michael Burnham, a human raised by Sarek.  Hmmm...That raises the logical and fascinating question.... MP has some issues with the logic of the plot but he liked it enough to extend his CBS All Access pass for another month.  Will you or anyone else be watching?

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 04:19:22 PM »
Oh yes, I will be watching. It takes a while to get involved with the characters, but I have always enjoyed the Star Trek franchise. Deep Space 9 was my fave of all time.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 06:49:19 AM »
Has anyone else seen the trailer for the new Star Trek Picard? There was an unexpected character in it!  :dance:

I’ve only seen the first episode of Discovery because it’s on all access instead of CBS proper, but I REALLY badly want to see Picard.

And since DS9 was your favorite Ponytail (my opinion is that is was the best written series but my childhood love for TNG cannot be overcome) so I hope you’ve gotten to see the DS9 documentary that came out recently. It fantastic!

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 10:07:01 AM »
Saw the preview for ST: Picard and like what I saw.  I'm not too happy with a return of the Borg but wish it was the return of Q.  I want to see it but is it worth getting CBS All-Access.  Looks like more and more networks are going this way.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 08:48:02 PM »
I already pay too much for access sites. No more...:(

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 06:13:09 AM »
Now I'm hearing that Riker, Troi and Wesley may be in the new series too!  :dance: Do they bring any of this stuff out on DVD anymore? There has be some way around the CBS paywall. I don't care if everyone is 'old' now. I just want to see them again!

If they do bring Wesley back in will they mention 'The Traveler' or will they just pretend that never happened?

Will Riker and Troi have grandchildren by now?

Will Picard and Beverly be married like they are in 'All Good Things'?  I hope there are more Picards by now too. (still sad they killed off Rene and Robert Picard!)

If they have to bring Seven back I do hope they casually drop in how happy Chakotay and Janeway are together. (still bitter that they ruined one of the best relationships in Star Trek over a childish man-bet!!!!)

Will all of this lead to the teased revival of DS9 where they kill Nog?

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 11:32:30 AM »
Now I really want to watch this.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2019, 02:48:13 PM »
Now I'm hearing that Riker, Troi and Wesley may be in the new series too!  :dance: Do they bring any of this stuff out on DVD anymore? There has be some way around the CBS paywall. I don't care if everyone is 'old' now. I just want to see them again!

If they do bring Wesley back in will they mention 'The Traveler' or will they just pretend that never happened?

Will Riker and Troi have grandchildren by now?

Will Picard and Beverly be married like they are in 'All Good Things'?  I hope there are more Picards by now too. (still sad they killed off Rene and Robert Picard!)

If they have to bring Seven back I do hope they casually drop in how happy Chakotay and Janeway are together. (still bitter that they ruined one of the best relationships in Star Trek over a childish man-bet!!!!)

Will all of this lead to the teased revival of DS9 where they kill Nog?

Okay -- all we really have to go on is the SDCC stuff.  See this link:

https://trekmovie.com/2019/07/23/star-trek-picard-cast-reveal-more-show-and-character-details/

16 things missed in preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oadSnbxo9k

IMBD cast info (No Wes)  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8806524/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2019, 12:00:21 PM »
I checked out your links LM! The best news is that Hugh is back. Not because I’ve been dying to revisit I Borg after all this time, but because I’m so happy to see all these references to TNG. The fact that they’ve taken the time to go back to an old relatively minor character from the show and get the original actor back and tie him into the new series ...it really makes me happy and gives me a lot of hope that this show was made by and for the fans as opposed to what JJ Abrams did.

I was frustrated to read that the show will be political (do we really need another Space Trump? Doctor Who has already tried this and nobody thought it was a good episode).

I’m intrigued by the new Romulan elf bodyguard character.... definitely an improvement over the horrid bowl cuts the Romulans have been saddled with for far too long. Does this mean that the Romulans are now our allies in the same way that the Klingons became our allies after TOS?

I wonder if the Vulcans will be in the show? I’m hoping that NOTHING from JJ Abrams universe will survive in Picard.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2019, 01:20:27 PM »
In my opinion, Abrams has gotten too big for his breeches.  Hands in everything.  Working with Disney on Star Wars.  Will Marvel be next?  Where does that leave Whedon?

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2019, 03:11:11 PM »
IMHO Abrams is a waste of time these days.  Whatever imagination he had  has been eviscerated by the drive for box office receipts.  Picard looks good.  MP would love to see a series that explores the origins of the Borg.  A truly inspired creation that raises so many interesting questions about how a society should organize and function.

It is good to know that Lindelof remains alive and well and as maddening as ever.  His re-imagining of Watchmen on HBO is fantastic so far!  Great characters and a story line that is complex, confusing, maddening and addictive.  Sort of like Lost in its evocation of  viewer emotions. 

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2019, 11:59:06 PM »
I just started watching Watchmen. Glad to see you gave it good reviews. You never know! My favorite binge watch this last few months has been Fargo. Especially the first season. Gotta love Billy Bob Thornton!

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2019, 09:51:16 AM »
I plan to buy Picard when it comes out.  By the way, has anyone else noticed that television and movies seem to come out a lot faster these days?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal