Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: WEATHER  (Read 16829 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: WEATHER
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2018, 02:18:46 AM »
Yes, trouble, same here. And,we may have more overnight. #4846
And, the parks, and playing fields for baseball and all the other sports are horrible, and dangerous for the kids to play in.
Bobby, is one of Liam's coaches for his Little league team and he hasn't even been able to have any practices. He's very frustrated.
After we had all that snow last weekend with the 4th noreasters...it rained most of the week.
We need some -flowergrowing- sunshine to dry up all this mud.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2018, 11:50:01 AM »
Okay -- we had our gathering on Saturday but without the outdoor stuff and fireworks.  Instead, we huddled in the house while a cold rain fell and the wind blew.  Never fear, we talked and laughed and watch the kiddos chase the pooch.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2018, 06:27:58 PM »
With the right people, almost anywhere can be a good time.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2018, 12:04:39 AM »
With all the rain we 've  had with nor'easters , can you believe that we are on a fire alert in the state...actually tri-state area ? They said that the ground is now dry and fires could break out anywhere.
They even suggested that homes with mulch( like I have) next to it... water the mulch so the house doesn't catch on fire !!  #4846
Today tied the high record temp, in NY of 90 , so this will replace the old record for today's date.
It was only a few days ago that we had heat on it was so cold. I hate HOT !!!  Such weird weather.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2018, 10:16:25 AM »
I hear you, Barb. It has been so cold in Nebraska that the farmers don't have their crops in, but the fields are tilled. Sunday and Monday of this week they had dust blowing advisories on the interstate. The dust was so dense, and the winds were so strong that there was almost 0 visibility in several stretches. My husband and I were coming home on Monday from Lincoln, and came across a massive truck/car pileup that closed the eastbound lanes for miles. Looked like a war zone! The same thing had happened the day before, too. Never seen anything like it---in Nebraska of all places. Looked like we were in the middle of a desert sandstorm. Scary!

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2018, 12:42:14 PM »
Well in the last few weeks, I went from cold to nice to hot.  It's 88 today after 60s at the first of the week and 50s last week.  We've also gone from rain to fire alerts (due to wind) in like one day. 

Do I believe in global warming?  Yes, I do.  I'm wondering since we had snow in March will we have snow here in October.  That would be a first!

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2018, 06:13:40 PM »
Definitely global warming. I read that the zone between humid and dry air has moved 140 miles to the east. That would impact the types of crops grown for sure. We couldn't grow corn like we do in Nebraska in a dry zone....

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2018, 02:42:14 PM »
 -Dancekick- -Dancekick-

I have finally been able to OPEN MY WINDOWS !!!! The temp has gone down and we are 76 degrees today.
It's sort of an overcast day, but I don't mind. With less sun, less heat...
This is wonderful , compared to the 92 we  had for 2 days!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2018, 01:36:55 PM »
#4846 Our temperature is now HOT again. 
Mother's Day was a raw , rainy day. Now we have July temp.
I can't wait until we have some Spring weather, if we are to even have any this year !

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2018, 01:52:10 PM »
I know -- it's the same here.  From snow and cold and windy to hot.  And now, looks like tropical season will start early.  Plus how will Killeau affect our weather?

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2018, 04:34:21 PM »
Those poor people in Hawaii. This eruption looks like "the big one". And, there is absolutely nothing that can be done. The fissures are breaking out all over and the lava is spreading and the main eruption is now so deep they say it's set to blow soon. Just heartbreaking for people who have their entire possessions there.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2018, 07:32:28 PM »
Hi everybody, I don't know how your weather is doing but, ours here is so erratic.
Yesterday, I was HOT. It was near 90 degrees and I had on every air conditioner in the house I have( since we never converted to central air years ago and now.... too late).
Today, I am freezing. Yes, ME !
The temp is 57 and with the attic fan that I had on earlier today I realized....I'm cold.
So...turned off the fan!!!
I still feel cold and going to put on my flannel pj's to watch tv tonight!!!  -dunno-

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2018, 09:18:08 PM »
we have gone from winter straight into summer.  Spring (tornado season) was skipped which is great that we didn't have the April/May tornadoes but it is crazy. we are in the upper 90's this week and looking for 100 in a few days. My gardens are a mess and it is too hot to work in them!!
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2018, 10:46:55 PM »
HOT here again today and I haven't even put in my flowers yet. I usually have all this done by mid-May, but, if it wasn't HOT, it was torrentially pouring rain.
The days that were nice, I had other things I HAD to do than garden.
Right now the plan is for Friday...to , at least buy some flats of geraniums and get all my flower boxes done by the end of the weekend.
It's so frustrating when I think of how vigilant I was years ago. And, then I had the house full of my children and their things at school.
Now, although I did have my lovable Liam today, 'cause it's Tues, and then again Thurs with little Miss Ava... on my "days off" hahaha. I tend to take off. LOL. Planting is not as relaxing as it was.  *Nooooo* Now, it's a lot or work.
I just love looking at the finished product of pretty flowers all summer...so...  :106: and I will try to get busy. 

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2018, 06:34:19 PM »
My flower gardens are a total mess this year for the same reason. It has either been too hot or too rainy.  We pretty much skipped spring this year.
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal