Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: WEATHER  (Read 16838 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: WEATHER
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2018, 07:48:21 PM »
I was visiting my brother in Texas---105 the 3 days I was there, and over 100 for all the others...no fun at all unless you were inside.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2018, 12:59:28 AM »
I was visiting my brother in Texas---105 the 3 days I was there, and over 100 for all the others...no fun at all unless you were inside.

Wow!!! I hate the heat and it's so erratic so far this season.
One day it will be near 90 or above and you go to bed with the air conditioner blasting, only to wake up to a frigid
morning.
I'd rather it be cloudy and cooler than sunny and HOT!
I am the minority when it comes to my preference in weather among my family....but, I don't care!  *Nooooo*

Offline Whitesox71

• Gold Bee
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2018, 07:30:00 PM »
It hasn't been too good here either. We had lots of rain and lightning
all through the night. Then it was so humid this morning I was miserable.
Now it is just really hot so I am running the air and staying inside. Let's go
back to having normal weather. The grass has been growing like crazy. It
really needs to be mowed at least twice a week. Farmers have been hoping
to get some rain, but what we got last night, flooded all the fields. -Fishing-

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2018, 11:37:44 PM »
 Same here Whitesox! Gully washers! Nothing is normal anymore, I miss the seasons of spring and fall!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2018, 01:13:12 AM »
Oh my Lord is it hot here. Today the thermometer on my deck was way over 100 and with the humidity... unbearable to even go outside...like 105.
We were never this hot in all of 2017, so they said on the news.
Right now it's in the 80's ( at 1 am) and is again going to be at least 99 tomorrow. I hate it.
But, thank you God for air conditioning.
I don't know what I'd do if we had a power failure!

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2018, 09:55:16 AM »

Lots of haze in the skies from the fires out west. More than I've ever seen before. The air even smells a little smoky--I can only imagine what the people out there are going through...praying.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2018, 03:55:02 PM »
These California fires are so horrendous! Looks like what I assume hell to be.
I heard this morning on the news that smoke from these fires is spreading East( so to you) and going North up to Colorado and into Canada. What beautiful country to be ablaze by so much devastation. And your beautiful area, ponytail with haze.
I can't imagine watching helplessly as these fires approach your home.
Our world is not doing too well.
Fires in the West, here in the East we have had torrential rainfall with flood alerts all around, some towns people are being rescued in boats from their homes, then the earthquake this week in Indonesia.... terrible things happening constantly.
Do you think maybe God is trying to tell us something?

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2018, 02:35:16 AM »
Here's the main road in the town I went to college in. But, the flooding is all over.
The mall has cars totally submerged.

https://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/08/cars_under_water_flash_flooding_as_heavy_rains_soa.html

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2018, 08:59:52 AM »
Here in the piedmont of NC, we've had both intensive rain and hot sunny days.  The rain wasn't as bad for us as in Greensboro (or they have more low lying streets).  We did have several roads closed temporarily.  The big issue is run off.  The water piles up in certain areas.  Two weeks ago, if I had left at 5, I wouldn't have been able to leave work.  Runoff was so bad on the street going out that the whole road was flooded.  We had our grass cut by a professional a week ago, and yesterday it was like mowing hay.  I know -- I mowed.

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2018, 01:27:31 PM »
It has been super hot in Canada. This summer is one of the hottest that I can remember. In Ontario we have been battling major forest fires for weeks. It's a bit of a scary time. Praying for rain here for sure!

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2018, 07:58:57 AM »
For anyone doubting that the NC situation is bad, here is what a good friend of mine posted from her daughter-in-law on FaceBook.  I can't believe what is said about the Red Cross.  The mother is a minister's wife.  So for all the good that supposedly being done, the FEMA and Red Cross seem to be clueless about the elderly and ill.  The couple and sons did get power later in the day.

The need for relief in the northern part of downtown is great. The elderly who can’t get to feeding stations are in trouble. Honestly, we got water from the National Guard and walked it back up and gave it to the neighbors. The Red Cross, FEMA, and Baptist Men are set up by our house. A man with the Baptist Men offered me and my son cold water today, so we followed him. The Red Cross shouted at us, and told us they were not giving anything away. We were closing our house up, and came back to find that the Baptists had brought cold Coke and left it for us in the driveway. They were embarrassed. Helicopters brought the wounded and sick in to our grocery store lot yesterday and today they are bringing the well who were stuck. More schools are opening as shelters, and they are sending buses from Harris Teeter after they fill up with helicopters. It’s like the Walking Dead. I keep waiting for Rick and Carl.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2019, 09:30:56 AM »
Uncommonly beautiful fall weather here. We have been lucky to have gorgeous days in the 60's for a couple of weeks now! Everything is still very green, although a couple of overnight freezes have wiped out the flowers. My favorite time of year!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2019, 11:08:22 PM »
This time of year can be beautiful. I read today that it is the most popular time of the year for weddings.

Today was a lovely day, but, Thurs and Friday ...wow, we had a nor'easter with lots and lots of rain and terrible wind.
I laid in bed hoping our big trees didn't crash down onto the roof!  *Nooooo*

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2019, 11:10:37 AM »
We went three weeks without rain and the weather fluctuating between 70s and 80s.  Beautiful time but put us back in drought.  Now we had rain yesterday and supposed to have more tonight and tomorrow.  Of course, I get the sinus outbreak again.  Starting day 7 of 10 today of meds.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal