Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: DISCUSSION  (Read 6102 times)

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Re: DISCUSSION
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2019, 10:33:36 AM »
I watched some of it.  I saw Jess trying to put a quilt trip on Nicole because she didn't tell her Nick was the Prankster.  She was told by Jackson but she didn't mention that. 
This group acts like they like each other.  In fact, there have been a lot of "I love you's" between all of them.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2019, 08:57:51 PM »
This reminds me a little of Tom and Ian at the end in Palau. I can understand that the game/money mean a lot to you, but what I can't understand is the anger that someone would have the gall to consider voting out the top player in the game (or in this case their leech) to get themselves a better shot at winning. To me that's basic Survivor/Big Brother and it baffles me why Tom then and Jackson now are so angry over this. Tom and Ian were inseparable for 35 days (or whatever the exact count was) and the minute Tom heard that Ian even considered, just considered, voting him out... Tom made it his mission to destroy Ian. Just as Jackson now has this vendetta against Cliff and Nicole for what? Playing the game? Yes Jackson protected Cliff and Nicole (in his mind anyway, if you ask me it was Jolly who were in the actually danger from Tommy and Christie) and Cliff and Nicole protected him right back even though they probably shouldn't have. Why does he feel like they owe him so much and why does he hate them so much for considering voting out Holly?

Watching all Jackson's angry DRs upset me. I know we tend to see the game from the perspective of our favorites so maybe I'm not seeing his side that well, but I really don't understand the hatred he shows here. I think if the situation were reversed and Tommy was coming to them (Jolly) promising the moon if they voted out Cliff (who was next to him on the block) then Jackson would absolutely have considered it. Would he be evil for considering voting out Cliff over Tommy? Or would he just be playing the game and weighing his options?

I haven't even finished the episode. I'm just that upset watching Nicole cry.  :'(

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2019, 12:24:37 AM »
I am angry with Jolly but very disappointed in Cliff because of his stupidity in trusting Jackson over anyone else and making a deal with him for final three with Jolly.  Of course that never was to be since Nicole has the HOH and will automatically be in the final three.  I was glad to see that Nicole has finally seen Jackson for the snake he is and that she really wanted to keep Tommy.  Cliff ruined his game by not going with Nicole's feelings about Jackson but then he thought he had a deal with him. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2019, 06:27:11 PM »
Has a showmance ever finished first and second in BB?  MP has watched since BB11 and he cannot recall such an instance in any of those seasons.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2019, 07:59:25 PM »
Has a showmance ever finished first and second in BB?  MP has watched since BB11 and he cannot recall such an instance in any of those seasons.
Well depends on how you view the term showmance. Technically Boogie and Erika made it to the end together in BB7. But yeah... that was ....something else. Let’s call it a one way showmance.

Drew could’ve gone to the end with his showmance Diane in BB5 but he evicted her instead because he was sooo loyal to Cowboy.

In a way Dick and Danielle pulled this one off in BB8, but as an obvious tight pair and not as a showmance obviously.

My memory of BB11-18 is fuzzy but I don’t remember any showmantic couples making the final two in that stretch. So if Jolly pull it off they would probably be making history of a sort. I certainly hope not though. 

« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 08:01:36 PM by Outlast »

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2019, 10:27:07 AM »
I was away for the actual show so I just watched it and Survivor back to back.

My first thought?  *vomit* to Jackson winning. Not that Holly would’ve been much better.

A bad part of me was really happy to see Jackson get hammered so hard that he didn’t seem to enjoy winning.  :97:

But why on Earth with all the bad aspects of Jackson from this summer did they pick the one thing that just doesn’t hold up as a negative against him?! Jackson banishing Kemi, David, Jessica and Cliff May have looked bad optically but he had decent enough reasons given he had so little to work with on day one or whatever this was. I don’t think any of the four hold that particular thing against him and neither do I. I don’t even think Jackson is a racist. He’s an aggressive jerk and a bully and by no means was he alone. I notice they left Tommy off the list of people they wanted to shame in the Hateful alliance but he was right in the middle of that mess and it’s him they keep showing crowing over Nicole getting shut out ‘you know exactly what’s happening!’ In that clip they play over and over. Not cool BB.

So happy for Nicole winning AFP. I only wish the had another one for Cliff.

It’s so easy to say looking back that they should’ve taken out Jackson in the double when they had all the power, but how could they know that he would win everything afterwards? BB usually has some brainy challenges near the end, but I guess they’re going to continue on this unfortunate path of making nearly every late comp physical to shut out people like Cliff and Nicole. It sucks and I don’t like it but what can I do.

BB21 is over let’s bury it and move on if we can.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2019, 11:23:31 PM »
Jackson got his confetti on his shoulders, but also a thorough 'shame on you' as well. Poor baby! What an immature jerk. His bully behavior, entitled attitude, and sulking made me  *vomit* He has a lot of growing up to do. Holly was very gracious and more excited for him than he was for himself. I don't remember if she had any involvement in the bully behavior though.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2019, 07:49:24 AM »
I haven't been posting much due to work.  It's been a rough start up with all the changes going on here.

Here's my take on this whole Jackson/Holly mess.  The producers from day one had this game rigged for either him or Jack to win.  I don't know why????  I sometimes wonder if there is a casting couch in Robin or Allison's office that is used for the men to audition.  My one take is that from the time Jackson was on the block, production did everything they could to "protect" him.  Maybe his mother threatened a law suit?  Maybe he does have an eating disorder???  Maybe he is just so overprivileged that he thinks he can make up stuff as the game progresses.  What surprised me was that he didn't think he would be called out.  I'll give this to Jack!  He owned it!  Neither Christy or Jackson did.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal