Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Never No Never....  (Read 4546 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Never No Never....
« on: June 23, 2012, 11:19:41 AM »
I  thought this would be kind of a fun topic to chat about. Put down an experience you have had that you never no never want to have again!

Mine is--Having a fender bender with the county sheriff! He was coming through our driveway which is curvy and has some blind spots and crashed into me. His fault. I will never forget him saying, 'I never thought I'd have to fill out a report on myself.'

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Re: Never No Never....
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 01:38:30 PM »
Well, Ponytail, at least it was his fault and not yours!  That would have been worse.

A few days after we moved to the country about two miles from my son's house I got a call that he and his wife and 7 month old son, Dakota, had hit a tree right down from my house.  We rushed to the hospital.  My son had to be cut out of the truck and had cuts and broken ribs.  My daughter-in-law just had cuts on her legs but Dakota had a broken thigh and while we were out in the hall waiting to hear about my son's exrays I noticed that Dakota's head was swollen.  He had a fractured skull and they sent him to Macon to a larger hospital.   I guess I have never been that frightened and hope I never will be again.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 02:13:17 PM »
Well, I wouldn't have thought to put this one down as my post.. except that I can very, very well relate to Snowbird's post. I even have a smidgon of pontail's, too.
My older son , "is" a sheriff. Fifteen years ago, he worked in the jails, now he works undercover.
When , you are working in the jails you work on shifts.. so your body is really off in regard to sleeping. And, if anyone is to call in late for their shift or sick.... you can't leave. Someone has to be there. to guard the prisoners.
Well, my son was on his way home from work, around 2 am, exhausted from overwork, and he fell asleep driving. Of course,he wasnt wearing a seatbelt. He crashed his jeep into a tree and crashed into the windshield. Glass everywhere !!!
I remember being asleep and sort of hearing a bell.. and poking my husband. It was the police.
Long story..short. He is lucky he is alive and/or not a paraplegic. He was cut all over with glass everywhere. It was coming through his skin for months. He broke his pelvis.
He was brought home in an ambulance and carried into the house via a stretcher where we had a hospital bed.
You talk about the worst experience ... this is the one most parents fear. That call in the middle of the night.
Thank God, and I mean this literally, he slowly recouperated.. and is fine now...married with two little children.
But , never, never..... I pray will we ever have an experience like this again.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 04:29:30 PM »
Those are awful stories! Have either of you been in an accident?

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 05:53:41 PM »
I have been in two accidents and they happened within the last 10 years.  Neither resulted in injuries, one was my fault, one was the fault of the other guy.
Bacali, I know that was terrible for you.  My son had the same thing with glass.  His upper eyelid was cut and he pulled eye lashes out of his eyeball that had become ingrown for years before he finally has a plastic surgeon to fix it.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 07:07:39 PM »
I never ever want to hear that my mom, sister and Aliyah have hit a bear with the car ever again. The car has a little dent but it could have been so much worse. My sister and I took the kids to a birthday party today and went shopping afterwards... I totally spoiled Aliyah and bought her whatever she wanted. We even built a bear lol

Offline sherylk

• Gold Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 05:12:42 AM »
 :c029: those are stories that I hope never happen to anyone, sorry that you and your families had to go through such experiences.

MY Never No Never experience that I never want to happen again is finding the weight that I have lost through gastric bypass. I had the surgery in October and have lost about 129 lbs in 8 months.  :13:  I have a little over 40 lbs to go, but am luckily not considered morbidly obese anymore  :Woot_Emoticon: 

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 03:54:48 PM »
:c029: those are stories that I hope never happen to anyone, sorry that you and your families had to go through such experiences.

MY Never No Never experience that I never want to happen again is finding the weight that I have lost through gastric bypass. I had the surgery in October and have lost about 129 lbs in 8 months.  :13:  I have a little over 40 lbs to go, but am luckily not considered morbidly obese anymore  :Woot_Emoticon:
:clap:
 I know it's been a long journey for you... but, so glad you are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  :88:
We'll soon be referring to you as "SS... skinny Sherylk" .

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 04:15:17 PM »
Ponytail asked about accidents: I have been in a few.
The first one was when I was 19. I was around the corner from my house, heading off to my first day of practice teaching. A young kid drove straight at me... because the sun was just coming up and was blinding him.. nothing I could do. I had nowhere to go.. so just sat and got hit.
The second time was when I was just 2 mo pregnant. I skidded on the ice coming down a hill .. on my way to work. It was a winding and icy hill. Thank God for those white poles.. kept me from going over a big hill... but the town sent me a bill to fix it.
The third one was when my daughter was just going to be 2. I was on my way to buy all the birthday supplies and when I went around a corner...my car spun hitting the cars waiting at the red light . It was the beginning of July and the street was "wet"... from oil/gasolinel... who knew? I guess I was the first to turn afte this spill.
The fourth one was a few yrs ago.. It makes me so angry when I think about it. I was ..if you can picture..
stopped for a red light going to turn left to go under a highway ....going to a bridge. There was a SOLID white line to my right.. (meaning .. no turns). Well this idiot who didn't want to wait in this extremely long line to turn comes sailing along  on my right and turns "with" me.. HE made an illegal  left turn!!
Now, when you turn here.. rather than go into the left lane to get to the bridge .. you go to the right lane. The left lane has cars waiting to turn left and go onto the highway we are now under.
So I turned left and into the right lane.. and Mr Idiot turned and with me in the right lane...he was on a small sidewalk to my right. HE thought I would move over ...I did NOT..so he tried to bumper car me.. taking the entire side strip off his car. My car was also scraped.
When I think of all these times.. I think  :a102:  all these accidents involving people were with men... and they say woman are lousy drivers???

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 12:28:15 AM »

Good for you Sherylk!  That took a lot of guts.  I am currently on a diet to try to lose some weight before our class reunion in October.  It is hard, hard work, especially since I am a sweets person.  The treadmill has been getting a lot of work lately.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 06:01:12 PM »
Wow Sheryl, I agree--I would never want to go through that again.

Or any kind of surgery, period. I had 2 total knee replacements, and although I love my new knees, I don't want to go through surgery, physical therapy, and recovery ever again.

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 10:54:57 PM »
I used to have to have tubes put in my ears on a yearly basis. My ears were so bad I have a hearing loss. I used to get ear aches all the time but I wouldn't know the doctor would have to tell me. The tubes weren't a big surgery or anything but I always got so sick afterwards it was awful. To this day I still can't stand for someone to touch my ears.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:58:50 PM by Court »

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 02:31:20 PM »
I  thought this would be kind of a fun topic to chat about. Put down an experience you have had that you never no never want to have again!

Mine is--Having a fender bender with the county sheriff! He was coming through our driveway which is curvy and has some blind spots and crashed into me. His fault. I will never forget him saying, 'I never thought I'd have to fill out a report on myself.'

I Never again Want to hear from Dr's you have cancer  the look on ther faces is like the end for you . Although my friends and family were very supportive I had to fight for my life and prove to them all it can be done.

Such awful news sovery, and I hope you never have to go through that again with anyone, much less yourself. Congrats to you for fighting through!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 07:05:22 PM »

I Never again Want to hear from Dr's you have cancer  the look on ther faces is like the end for you . Although my friends and family were very supportive I had to fight for my life and prove to them all it can be done.
I remember when sovery messaged me... we had just started in with our game competitions on that other site. LOL. It was likesome  4- 5 yrs ago. I remember it was Spring...I think April.
After an exhausting Friday of playing against each other.. I jokingly pmd her on Sat. morning, to take it easy on me , I was going to a bridal shower and I wouldn't be online to play against her...actually it was ...keep up with her.
She messaged me, that she was going to the beach because it was a beautiful day. And told me that she found our competitions alot of fun.
Not long after this, her pm told me the horrible news. I was so touched that she should reach out and tell me.  That's when we started our friendhip.... which I'm sure no one understood in the tvg arcade. But, it sure kept sovery's head busy with playing all the games .. LOL.
I hope no one I know will hear these words...ever.  I know too many people who have.
 :88: to all my friends.

Offline Smarties

• Silver Bee
Never No Never....
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 07:45:18 AM »
Okay here we go.....I was about 5 years old my family was having a get together, all the adults were in the house, the men were in the livingroom drininking shooting the shit, the women were in the kitchen chatting/cooking, and all the kids were outside, my cousin and I were on the stoop coulouring when I felt something go into my ear, the buzzing was so loud it made it so I couldn't hear and from it bangging over and over on my ear drum, it was giving me vertigo.  I jumped up, walking around like I was drunk screaming, "Help Me Something is flying around in my ear killing me!"  Well I don't know if everyone was drunk or what but it was like a big joke, my father and uncles were laughing knocking on my head looking in my ear sayng "Come out, anyone in there...hahaha" Well as soon as I fell to the ground and flipped out, my auntie drove me to the hospital, they took out a flashlight and when they flashed it in my ear, this huge flying ant came walking out the size of my thumb nail and fell on the ground, so she gathered it up and they determined it was a female and she was going in there to lay her eggs, so they flushed my ear out with this heavy flusher over and over just to make sure a whole family of ants weren't taking up in my ear drum......I HATE FLYING BUGS! If I am in a car and I warn there is one in the car, you have a few minutes to stop the car or I actually get out....lol Tuck and Roll...lol
:) SmArTiEs :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal