Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Once Upon a Time - ABC  (Read 20153 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
Re: Once Upon a Time - ABC
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2015, 06:34:35 PM »
Very good question about Ursula.  The only thing I can come up with is that somehow when the author is away, the history can change.  This author is only supposed to record the story.  Evidently, he's rewriting the story for some reason.  I'm not a fan of the author.  And yes, I texted a friend Sunday night that Henry is meant to be the next author.

Regarding Rumple.  They've turned Regina more to the straight and narrow so Rumple has to stay bad. 

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2015, 11:13:18 PM »
The Prankster has a question:  How did Ursula get her happy ending without a re-write from the author?

Rumple won't and can't die.  He's by far the most interesting character in the story.  Will Henry become the next author?  (the Prankster believes the writers will get rid of the current putz of an author)
I agree (obviously) that Rumple can't die. He just can't!

I found the uber-quick Ursula redemption/happy ending puzzling too. So the only problem she had was that her singing voice had been pirate-napped? That doesn't sound very villain like to me and really she didn't do much of anything that we saw to earn her villain card, especially when compared to Regina.

I'm interested in this author and also in seeing Zelena again, but ultimately the watch-ability of this show lies with Rumple and they've been ruining his story lately for me.

Most interesting man on OUAT!

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2015, 04:07:09 PM »
Saw this elsewhere. Some Rumple fans are having a...

Rumplestiltskin Appreciation Week!  :Woot_Emoticon:
 :043:(April 12-18) :043:

It starts on the day that “Heart of Gold” premieres and ends the day before the next OUAT episode.
Day 1: Favorite Persona (April 12th)
Day 2: Favorite Outfit (April 13th)
Day 3: Family Man (April 14th - Robert Carlyle's birthday)
Day 4: Favorite Ship (April 15th)
Day 5: Favorite Floof Moment (April 16th - I admit I don't know what this means)
Day 6: Favorite Snark Moment (April 17th)
Day 7: Robert Carlyle (April 18th)

I'm not sure what I can contribute to the cause, but I figure, hey, sounds like yet another excuse for a GIF parade!

Day 1: Favorite Persona (April 12th)...

And my favorite Rumple is?

RUMPELSTILTSKIN (the Dark One)!

All Rumple is lovely of course. But I think I love the Dark One the best of all.

and finally...

I'm currently wearing this necklace (not my photo, but it looks like the same).

Please don't be too annoyed at the excessive fangirling. Clearly I don't get out much.  -rollinglaugh-

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2015, 04:13:33 PM »

:(

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2015, 05:40:13 PM »
Already set DirecTv to turn at 8:00 PM.  Thinking on the Rumple Appreciation Week now.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2015, 03:54:58 AM »
That... was certainly an exciting Rumple heavy episode.

I hope Rumple already has a plan in plan to screw Zelena at the end of this season.

I admit the Marion reveal was spoiled for me by a podcast I listen too (I was warned they were going to talk spoilers, but had no idea it would be something as huge as this). I'm sure the Regina fans are thrilled, but I'm still miffed about the vault sex from the first half of the season. Even if Marion really was dead, Robin didn't know that, so it's still adultery imo and I don't like that being portrayed as a 'true love' kind of deal.

I do wonder how effective that 'broken heart' elixir really is. Is Rumple's black as coal heart now pure as the driven snow or did the potion just delay the inevitable shriveling?

For a few seconds there I actually wondered if the Mr. Gold who came back to Storybrook was really Zelena in disguise while Rumple was back in New York playing house with Robin Hood waiting for Zelena to call.... WHEW!

Day 2: Favorite Outfit?

THE LEATHER TROUSERS OF COURSE!
:72:

Of course he does look good in a suit too...

:whoo:

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2015, 08:27:15 AM »
Actually a good episode if you can overlook the plot holes which quickly developed.

1.  Zelena went poof.  Yeah--I've been an advocate that she didn't die and now I'm proved right but the way they set this up has a continuity problem.
   a.  How did she know to be in Storybrooke to watch the action. 
   b.  She had time to arrange a lot of things when going between the Enchanted Forest, Oz, and Storybook.  Come on -- how could she set up a flying monkey for Emma when watching the action in Storybrook and arranging to take the place of Marian in the past.

2.  If Rumple really is the dark one, then when he got his dagger back Zelena would have no control.  I thought that the dark one was all powerful which means that Zelena is in for a rude awakening.

On to Emma.  Emma will turn dark but I think it will end up being a scheme between herself and Regina to get Zelena.  I've read a spoiler that hinted at this with no details.  When Regina tries to kill Emma, she gets that weird look in her eyes and turns to the dark.  And let's face it, with Henry facing death, both moms would do anything. 

BY THE WAY -- I WANT CRUELLA GONE.  The only one of the trio of terror that was any good is Maleficient.  I prefer Ursula over Cruella any day.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2015, 05:13:32 AM »
Regarding Cruella, I just saw a picture of her pre-weird eyebrows, dancing with the author so her backstory might involve his as well.

Also I just read this elsewhere which bears re-posting
http://thatravenclawbitch.tumblr.com/post/116271855484/fantasymaven-here-is-what-i-am-seeing-in

Day 3: Family Man

&

:great:  Happy Birthday to Robert Carlyle! :king:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 05:16:29 AM by Outlast »

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2015, 08:12:13 AM »
They  just better not kill him off.

I forgot about the captivity thing.  Here's my point.  He's on the borderline of turning good.  He's trying to be with Belle.  And every time it's positive something negative happens. 

I hate Zelina so much but I'm afraid we're gong to be stuck with her for awhile.  Emma and Regina have teamed up, Rumple isn't the real bad boy anymore, and the three villians are laughable.  Zelena is the only one who is capable of playing bad to the infinite degree.  My question:  Where will they go next year?

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2015, 10:37:50 PM »

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2015, 09:56:49 AM »
Day 4: Favorite Ship?... Um, is there even an option?

RUMBELLE!

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2015, 06:49:12 PM »
The Prankster is a neophyte compared to Outtie's and LindaM's knowledge of OUAT.  He hopes Cruella's story line will end this week but she leaves the car behind.  He has no familiarity with Zelina's prior storyline. Is there an Oz storyline in the offing?  Do you guys have any idea who the Sorcerer is or where he is?

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2015, 08:01:43 PM »
Regarding Zelena - she is the daughter of Cora and the half sister of Regina. She was abandoned by Cora as a child and sent Oz via a cyclone (never sufficiently explained imo) where she was raisedby, but apparently not loved, a man who was fearful of her magic. Later on she, like her half sister Regina was trained by Rumplestiltskin and when she proved the more powerful magician Rumple showed her great favor... Until she fell in love with him. Since the price of the curse Rumple was training them for was the heart of the thing you love most, this made Zelena useless and dangerous to Rumple who rejected her, at which point she revealed that she had magic slippers that could've taken them both to Baelfire at any time. Oops. Later on after Rumple's death she manipulates Belle and Baelfire into opening the dark vault to release Rumple from death... But she left off the part where Bae would have to die in payment. Rumple sees his son dying and drops the dagger to hold onto and absorb his son. Zelena takes the dagger and has control over Rumple for the next year until she is defeated by Regina. Rumple who has not only been tortured by Zelena for a year, but who also blames her for Bae's death. Tries to kill her, but is stopped by Regina who now holds his dagger. Regina gives the dagger to Belle, who later tries to give it back to Rumple, who refuses, but secretly switches in a fake dagger so that Belle won't be able to stop him from killing Zelena, which he later does... Except that didn't work and now she's back and he's back under her thumb.

Did I miss anything important LM?

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2015, 10:33:48 AM »
Cora sent Zelena away so she could marry her King.  She had Regina who only turned to magic when her mom killed her true love the stable boy.

Zelena destroyed the Wizard of Oz -- well not really.  She turned him into a flying monkey and sent him back to New York in his Oz shape to romance Emma.  Hook arrived and Oz knew the jig was up so before Emma remembered Storybrooke, she had to be destroyed so she wouldn't interfere with Zelena's plan for Regina.  Emma defeated the flying monkey/Oz and he was destroyed in New York.  Emma remembered and Hook, Emma, and Henry returned to Storybooke.  (Gist of story here)

It took Zelena, Emma, and a host of others to finally defeat Zelena.  They grabbed her green amulet that contained her power and put her  in jail. Rumple tried to destroy her and many felt he did but I never bought that story.  Something about the way she disappeared wasn't right.

The big holes come in with Robin and Regina's love.  If Zelena came back as Marian and was in the control of that situation, was a time paradox set up?

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2015, 06:20:19 PM »
Outtie and LindaM.  Thank you!  :72:  Both of you went way above and beyond and therefore it's very much appreciated. :93:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal