Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Doctor Who - BBC America  (Read 12450 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
Re: Doctor Who - BBC America
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2016, 01:41:43 PM »
Last week we got a David Tennant episode.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2016, 11:27:33 PM »
Really? I've seen two so far (not sure, but I don't think I missed any) and they were both early Tom Baker (Robot & Sontaran Experiment). The charisma that man has I tell you...  :88:

Our PBS stations must be airing different episodes, LM.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2016, 07:56:20 PM »
That may be the case.  There is none on tonight.  We don't have but 3 PBS channels on Direct and 5 on regular television.  ???

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2016, 09:54:41 AM »
Strange. Here we only have one PBS station and they played Ark in Space last night. Maybe you should contact your local PBS and ask them why you're being deprived of Tom Baker.
Or buy the dvds. I keep meaning to do that, but there are so many and all sold individually. A box set would be so lovely.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2016, 04:48:21 PM »
I already have a few of Tom Baker.  He WAS my first doctor.  And I use to watch on PBS back in the day.

Here UNC has channels in the following areas and caters to the areas.  We have one in Asheville, Winston-Salem, Greenville, Wilmington, and Chapel HIll.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2016, 09:22:45 AM »
LM - I'm about half-way through a Doctor Who book called 'Time Lord Fairy Tales' and you will love it! The next story in the book is called 'Snow White and the Seven Keys to Doomsday'...should be fun!

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2016, 11:01:38 AM »
I've got to look for that!  Rumors has it that the present doctor will leave after the new season.  Guess who is a big Doctor fan who was celebrating on Twitter -- Evel Dick.  He hates the present doctor.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2016, 03:48:04 PM »

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2016, 04:28:51 PM »
Drat it all. I like OLD Doctors! I like Capaldi! And as for companions I was hoping for a male one for a different feel after all these leggy models.
  :16:

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2016, 07:47:08 AM »
In Doctor Who adjacent news... scientists studying fluid turbulence noticed something very special about Vincent Van Gogh's most famous painting 'Starry Night'....

http://earthables.com/extraordinary-discovery/

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2017, 09:25:36 AM »

Rest in peace John Hurt aka the war Doctor

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2017, 11:01:01 AM »
I know -- so sad!

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2017, 09:27:42 AM »
Here's information on the final days of filming Doctor Who.  I admit, I got tired of the present doctor and tuned out.  He gets on my nerves.  No word on the new one yet.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-07-11/peter-capaldi-says-goodbye-to-fans-on-his-final-day-of-doctor-who-filming

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2017, 10:30:12 PM »
I loved Capaldi's doctor even though I felt the writing in series 8 & 10 wasn't my favorite (series 9 was very good throughout) and the companions weren't the best (Nardole was growing on me though). So I will miss him.

As for the news on 13 (14 really if you count The War Doctor or 15 even if you count Tennant's extra regeneration using his handy hand)being a woman ...I hate it. I know it's been talked about for years and with the Master/Missy stuff I knew this step was coming sooner or later, but I still hate it. Like most in the Whovian community I get upset at virtually every regeneration, but this is a particularly large change and my immediate reaction is that I really really don't like it.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2017, 08:44:58 AM »
I just couldn't warm up to Peter.  It seemed weird most of the time and that is going some for someone who loved Tom Baker. 

I had a feeling that the person who is coming in had gotten selected last week.  Haven't seen any of her work that I can recall and I really wished they had brought in Billie to play the first doctor. Putting an unknown entity who has no ties to Doctor Who and a woman to boot may be overplaying.  I'll definitely watch the Christmas episode to see how it goes before passing judgement.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal