Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Doctor Who - BBC America  (Read 12457 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
Re: Doctor Who - BBC America
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2020, 10:29:35 AM »

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2020, 09:13:52 AM »
Before this week's episode, this has appeared.  A history of Gallifrey.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02/26/bbcs-doctor-who-gallifrey-compilation-dropping-clues-for-series-12-finale-the-timeless-children-video/
I assume they are trying to tell us something about ‘Ruth’ but the only significant bits I saw were the bit where the Master looked into the time vortex as a child and went mad and that bit about the Valyard who was supposed to be a dark regeneration of The Doctor sometime between his 12th and final regeneration.

But I have no idea what any of it really means. I just want her to be either from the future or different universe. Don’t mess with my Doctor anymore!

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2020, 03:30:31 PM »
She is the Timeless Child it appears.  She is not Gallifreyan but came through some sort of worm hole and was found and experimented on.  Someone said to go back and watch Brain of Moribus with Tom Baker.  Evidently, and I will need to check, there is a sequence in that where he saw himself in 8 or 12 forms that he could remember. 

Found it:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4SpNWzZyv4

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2021, 06:26:30 AM »
When I finally heard the news that CC & JW we’re leaving I was ecstatic and the news that RTD was coming back has only added to my joy (though of course he may have changed in the intervening years). At least there is some hope now that something like Doctor Who might actually get made.

Speaking of the not Who they’re airing now, I decided to watch it to see where they end up before the change and it’s bad in a whole new way. Instead of lectures on climate, race, etc. now they’ve decided to take all the villains in DW, throw them in a blender, and call it a series. No real clue what is going on and I don’t much care, but I did spot something interesting in the pregnant girl (who doesn’t look at all pregnant considering how long she and her boyfriend/husband have apparently been separated) at the end. So she carrying this Tamagotchi like device around all episode and at the end it looks like that device was tied her baby’s emotion/thoughts/feelings somehow... is this a PRO-LIFE message from CC? How in the universe did that happen?! It’s like that episode of ST:TNG (The Child) where Troi gets pregnant and Worf wants to kill it but she won’t let them because she’s an empath and she knows it’s alive (like non-empaths don’t?). I just wonder if the writers even realize that stories like that might make pro-life people smile.  :)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2021, 08:15:00 PM »
OKay Outlast.  I haven't faithfully watched Jodie's last two seasons but one thing you need to know.  The Doctor is a Timeless Child.  Too complicated to explain tonight with having to get ready to recap Riverdale but the Timeless Child is not a Time Lord but may have created the Time Lord.  This may explain the Doctor's regeneration.  Add to that the Master may be one also. 

I didn't even try to watch.  Saturday nights are movie/whatever nights for me.  If the Panthers are playing, it's football night.  I've ordered the Flux series.  Hints are coming up on the next Doctor but we'll have to wait for New Year's Day.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal